Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   blue Reynold's wrap as a diet aid (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=173437)

crysania Fri, Mar-19-04 05:35

I am one of the few that isn't effected lol have blue bowls and can rap things it whatever don't bother me one bit in fact the more it is likely to gross out someone else the more likely I was to do it :P
I was the one that did a test on my parents years ago by dying all the food green corn, blue mashed potatos and I think I did yellow or red meat can't remember now...
anyways me, my "brother"(who helped me make it) and dad ate no problems my mom refused to even sit at the table though!

crysania Fri, Mar-19-04 05:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuyloco5
blue is calming (favorite for bedrooms)

I beg to differ on the effects of blue it might calm but it also depresses and acording to feng shi is not a color for any place you will sleep because of its depression effects
nuturals are best because warm colors invigerate you making it hard to sleep and cool colors will make the room feel colder and less welcoming
not to say you can't use a warm shade if its mixed with nutural (i.e. a cream red color would really be more nutural then warm)
that comes from having a painter for a dad and having studied feng shi and the effects of colors :lol:

elmuyloco5 Fri, Mar-19-04 11:59

Maybe according to feng shui that's true....can't say that I've got any knowledge there. Just commenting on the psychological studies that have been accross our nation. I'm sure there are always exceptions to things. My comments were only there as amusing insights as to how we can be effected by something as innocent as a change in color. There are also studies showing different personality types being attracted to certain colors. I for one can't stand blue, and wouldn't want pink unless it was in my little girls room. But you can't argue with studies, apparently most of the population studied (at least at that time) believed these colors had those properties. Either way....I don't think it makes that much of a difference.

centikel Sat, Mar-20-04 12:29

Wow, so cool. And I was afraid you guys would just think I was wacky. But it looks like in the end, we are a lot alike. Otherwise I suppose psychology would not even exist. Rats, I just bought new plates (after 15 years) and they are not blue. Maybe I can pick up a few blue snack/dessert dishes.

MyJourney Sun, Mar-21-04 18:16

I cannot touch weird colored foods.

I used to be a ketchup addict. Low carbing the hardest thing to give up was ketchup. I refuse to buy the splenda ones because I would probably use way too much and I finally broke myself of the ketchup habit.

Anyway... once the store was out of ketchup and all they had was the green one. I tried and tried and I just couldnt eat it. I tasted it a couple of times, it tasted like ketchup, it looked like paint. I was disgusted.