Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I was publicly teased today because of my size. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172620)

meltinaway Sun, Mar-14-04 11:17

Thanks to all of you for your consolation and words of encouragement. I am so glad everyone agrees with me about the way I handled the situation. Like I said in the first post, before this WOL I would have walked away crying and running to my best friend "food" to console me, but this time I have a new strength to rely on and that strength is believing in myself.

JoeMama Sun, Mar-14-04 11:42

I too am impressed on how you handled it, about a year ago something similar happened to me but I was left without an opportunity to respond...probably a good thing since I know I would not have handled it as well as you did.

Some people are just stupid anyway, and I figure that with the attitude of those two girls they'll eventually be pregnant, fat, big ankled, high cholesterol havin', bon-bon eatin', ugly, lazy, trailer trash (no offence to anyone that lives in a trailer) tweekers with no jobs or man that will stay with them..... just a thought.

meltinaway - you go!

liz175 Sun, Mar-14-04 11:45

I am sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, there are a lot of ignorant people out there!

It sounds as though you handled it really well.

notgivnup Sun, Mar-14-04 12:15

Meltin, I think we have all been there. I am sorry they treated you like that. I know how much it hurts. Wanna know what else hurts? When someone says something like that or just looks and points when you have your children with you. I am not so hurt for myself, but for my kids too. I just try and distract my kids so they do not see the buttholes who are ignorant.

Keep your chin up, you have alot to be proud of!!!!
Robie

AFwife Sun, Mar-14-04 12:28

That happened to me a long time ago. I just said, I may be fat but your ugly and I could always lose weight.

It felt bad and I don't know why I waited so long after that to start losing weight.

They may look good physically now, just wait till old age catches up to them. They probably won't be skinny forever.

I pray you run into them again when your at goal weight. Be sure to carry a camera around so you can show us all the shocks in their faces when they see how damn good you look. :lol:

Anyways, good for you for standing up for yourself. Honestly, with my temper, I would have twisted their bodies into pretzels. Your a much stronger person than I am for controling your anger.

Congrat's on the 60 pounds gone so far. Keep up the good work.

Lily

KristyC Sun, Mar-14-04 14:53

OMG I can't believe she did that. I'm so glad you said what you did. You handled it VERY well. I applaud you!

hummelda Sun, Mar-14-04 14:56

Good for you, meltin! I am so impressed with your ability to respond in such an appropriate manner to a couple of insensitive, self-centred "children".

You ARE beautiful, inside and out!!

Louise

kyrasdad Sun, Mar-14-04 14:57

I've been there before. I've seen it from stangers, from co-workers, and even from friends a time or two. You're a better person than I am. I probably would have kicked the shit out of them.

Rocky_Cdn Sun, Mar-14-04 15:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by notgivnup
Meltin, I think we have all been there.

Unfortunately there seems to be no shortage of rudeness out there. On one occasion when a very rude man in a truck made a comment about me being lazy and fat (and I was WALKING), his companions joined in on the laughter. I just asked the girl he was with if he had started putting her down yet? Maybe she's on the computer at this very moment checking out abuse sites. Yes, what goes around, comes around.

Well done Meltin! :thup:

lizwhip Sun, Mar-14-04 16:30

I believe that someone who is capable of that kind of cruelty has probably been on the receiving end of some pretty cruel treatment on a fairly regular basis. So when you think of it that way, they are to be pitied.

Liz

Nibby Sun, Mar-14-04 16:55

Sorry that happened to you...some people are just big ***holes and thats all there is to it.
I had a simular encounter walking to my car when two crop-top bleach blonde 20somethings pointed and laughed at me and my gut clenched up.
I just gave them my best crazy look and freaked them out but honestly wanted to pound them both.
You handled it soooo good!! I like to say to people like that "GOD I feel sorry for you!" that freaks them out also *lol*
Your doing so well for your health, to heck with them I say!
Nibby

maryannec Sun, Mar-14-04 19:04

Ya know, some people just need to be mean to make themselves feel better. Luckily, we are all here to provide support to each other when we choose to take the high road vs. react negatively.

GOOD FOR YOU MELTIN!!!

I had the same type of situation from a co-worker - granted a big southern red-neck jerk last week - and it took me about 30 minutes to not be mad anymore. (I did come close to running the pool table during that time tho.)

:lol:

MISSRED197 Sun, Mar-14-04 20:18

I am soooo sorry you had to go thru that!

You are doing awesome! 60 lbs. is wonderful and you should be soooo proud!

Those ignorant, insecure girls don't have respect for themselves let alone for other people. People can be sooo cruel. Don't let them get to you!

Keep it up girl! You are worth it!!

~Becky

Zymi Sun, Mar-14-04 20:33

I'm sorry you came across those rude cretins :mad: It's amazing how simple-minded and self-involved people can be! The one good thing that came out of it was some self-confidence....you know you can stand up to those kind of people! If people were put in their place when they uttered such things, I think they would be much less likely to do it again.

And congrats on the 60lbs!! :clap:

Mossling Sun, Mar-14-04 20:45

Meltinaway,

It's awful that you had to deal with such idiotic behavior. One thing to confuse them immensely would be answering with "Thank you!" said in a bright and cheerful voice. Or: "At least it's my BODY that's fat--with you, it's your HEAD! My weight is coming off!" Of course, I probably wouldn't be able to come up with something so quickly; those times when I've had to deal with such fools, I couldn't.

:bhug:

Jude