Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   The restarting Induction 8th March thread (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171340)

nitwit Tue, Mar-09-04 15:02

Hi everyone!!!! :wiggle:

Day 2 of Induction!!!

Went well ... meals were:

Brekkie: 4 slices of bacon with one sliced tomato fried in olive oil
Lunch: 2 samll pork chops with a fried egg
Dinner: 2 lamb chops with a roasted veggie dish made of 1 red pepper, 1 green chilli, 1 bulb of garlic (split down the middle length-ways), 1 tomato and then spring onion and pak choi added at the last minute so it wilted. ... yum, yum!!!

Also so drank 2 litres of water so far!!!

Quiet day, but good!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Lindyx :roll:

cori Tue, Mar-09-04 15:06

Can I join? I started Saturday, but I need some re-induction support!

nitwit Tue, Mar-09-04 15:11

Cori - of course!!! the more the merrier!!!

Welcome!!! Lindy

nitwit Tue, Mar-09-04 15:11

PS - Cori - how have you been doing with induction?

Lindy

Rosebud Tue, Mar-09-04 16:40

Welcome, Ian, Butterfly and Cori. Definitely the more the merrier. :)

Ian, I noticed you're eating macadamias. You might want to reread the lists of allowed foods for Induction, 'cos nuts aren't there. ;)

Sue, it sounds as though you have the standard carb withdrawal headache. :there: It doesn't take much to switch us over from fat burning to carbs burning. But it should go in another day or two. I find ibuprofen + codeine works the best at controlling them. Hope you feel better soon!

Great job, Lindy. I hope you don't get The Headache too.

I had a good day yesterday - menu in my journal: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=1916255

Cheers all - keep up the great work!

Roz

nitwit Tue, Mar-09-04 18:28

Cool - am feeling fab and looking forward to Day 3 of induction!!!!

Check in tomorrow!!! Lindyx

cori Tue, Mar-09-04 19:14

I am doing ok, although today I didn't keep down a morsel of food. Started some new medication that is making me quite nauseous. So.... tomorrow is another day! Me & Ian are weight loss buddies - both starting at 252 for our highest weight, right Ian? ;)

nitwit Tue, Mar-09-04 19:21

Hi Cori

Sorry to hear that you were unwell today, hope that you are feeling much better tomorrow!!!

Look forward to hearing about it! lindy

2B-ABLE Tue, Mar-09-04 20:43

Count me in, I need to get back on track... Ive been off track for a bit now... and I need to get started again.

nitwit Wed, Mar-10-04 05:50

Hi 2B-Able!!!

No problem!!! Welcome on board!!! Remember to post your progress so we can all help each other!!!

Take care and speak soon!!! Lindy

ButterflyA Wed, Mar-10-04 08:14

Well, I’m actually doing good, I’m down 1.5 pounds which I had mysteriously gained on Tuesday only to have it be gone this morning 24 hours later! ;) lol So I’m back at the same starting weight I was on Monday, which is FINE by me! I drank about 140 oz. of water yesterday and had no cheats, so I’m doing good!
Unfortunately the carb headache is back and with a vengeance :( so I’m trying to pop Tylenol. I know aspartame isn’t allowed, but I used to drink 4 litres a day of Diet Coke, so I’m weaning myself down. Yesterday I had a 20 oz.er of Diet Coke and that was it (which is FABULOUS for me), so I have the caffeine withdrawl headache along with the carb withdrawl headache going on overhere! :( It’s enough to make me want to scream! :(

Hope everyone is well, sorry you’re feeling sick Cori, hope everyone is doing good and staying on track! Come on guys, we CAN do it!

cori Wed, Mar-10-04 08:30

Angel - I am a total diet pepsi addict! But I'm trying my darndest to cut back. Good luck! And hope that headache goes away soon!

Rosebud Wed, Mar-10-04 16:45

Hello everyone. :wave:

You seem to be doing great, Lindy. Full of enthusiasm. :)

I hope your tum is setting down, Cori. :there: That new medication better be worth it!

Welcome, 2B-ABLE. May you have much success!

And you are doing well, Angel! I hope your headache doesn't last too long.

I'm still doing well. Yesterday's menu is in my journal.

Cheers, everyone.

Roz

nitwit Wed, Mar-10-04 17:29

Well, Day 3 of induction and the meals were:

Brekkie: whey powder chocolate shake
Lunch: parma ham salad with cucumber, tomato and olive oil
Dinner: 2 chicken breasts in creamy peppercorn sauce with roasted red pepper, chilli and cucumber ... yum, yum!!!!

Drank my 2.5 litres of water without much hassle!!! Looking forward to tomorrow!!

See you guys tomorrow! Hope that everyone is having a fantastic day!!!

Lindyx

SuperSue04 Wed, Mar-10-04 21:05

Hi, everyone!

Glad to hear folks are doing well RE-inducting! I lost a pound!

So far, so good, foodwise, although I sure do wish that strip would turn purple (or at least pink!). :lol:

My headache is gone. Roz, you were probably right. Carb withdrawal. Sigh. HOw sad . . . .

Tomorrow, though, I'm going to the doctor b/c I've been having "digestive" trouble, if you know what I mean (the big "C" or the big "D" and no happy in between). Cross your fingers and toes for me. . . . I think I might have a yeast problem or a food allergy or IBS or something going on . . . it has been like this for about a month . . .

Sue