Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I feel like the more weight I lose... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=170720)

DaddioM Tue, Mar-09-04 01:31

Yep, me too

After 40lbs....and maybe especially after losing the 40 lbs, I can look at my body and go...still got a bit of a tire.

When I was wayyyy overweight, I think I just didn't think about it. I'm much more focused on the way I look and what I weigh now, so I think I'm just noticing it more.

btw...warm day this weekend, went to try on a pair of shorts and they were soooo big I couldn't believe I had ever worn them (and that was just 5 months ago).

kingb123 Tue, Mar-09-04 01:42

I definitely feel the same way-

lizwhip Tue, Mar-09-04 01:42

I am the same way, after losing 71 lbs. (so far) I still don't really see it in the mirror when I scrutinize myself! And yet I know that going from a size 22 to a size 14 is a big difference - everyone else tells me so, and I know it intellectually - men are hitting on me, my friends and family marvel at the "new me" - but I am still hating my body.

But don't people who are average/slim/skinny hate their bodies too?? Do you know many people who can strip down and look at themselves in the mirror and be happy?

It's just us (humans) being screwed up about how we think we should look.

Liz

DaddioM Wed, Mar-10-04 00:00

Hey, you know what I just decided to do based on this discussion? I'm going to keep around 1 pair of everything as I go down in size. Thinking I'm not making progress is a danger sign and I think if I just could take some older clothes and try them on when I'm feeling that way, the feeling would disappear.

SusanKH Wed, Mar-10-04 08:24

Every time I drop a few pounds, I feel really light and my clothes feel really big. Then I see myself in a mirror and think, "Who is that fat person wearing my clothes?" and then I realize it's me. I also think, "Who is that old person?" because I'm not old. I think we all have trouble with body perception, and we women are the worst. We're harder on ourselves than anyone else.

Ms.Kidy Wed, Mar-10-04 09:39

I used to hate looking at myself naked :blush: in the mirror and I still have that problem. A couple weeks ago I tried on a bikini and turned around and saw the back of my thighs and went, "Oh my gosh!" and quickly took the suit off, but you know what made me feel better? Of all the silly things to make feel better was one of the tabloids that had the stars on the cover in their bathing suits with cellulite WAY :eek: more worse than mine. I instantly felt better about my body and the fact that no one will be chasing me around and taking pictures of my backside.

batgirl Wed, Mar-10-04 11:40

I think where you lose weight affects how you look, or how you THINK you look. I was losing fat from everywhere except my belly. (It's depressing to have to get a smaller bra but not a smaller waistband on your pants.) So, my belly just kept looking bigger and BIGGER! lol
Since I switched to neanderthin, it is starting to go away, finally.

I wish I had taken all my measurements when I started. Then I would have had proof I was getting smaller in writing. Then I wouldn't keep pestering my hubby. ('Do you think it looks small Today???')

Elsah Wed, Mar-10-04 11:50

I have that problem too I always see myself bigger than I really am even after losing so much. Last night though I accidentally grabbed my husbands jeans and threw them instead of mine and about died! The jeans that used to fit me so snug ( I stole all his jeans at my top weight) were falling off me. I had NO CLUE I had lost that much when it came to my size. Anyways, it was definately something that cheered me up a bit. I think sometimes my problem has been I have kept some of the pre-weightloss clothes and when I put them on....... I feel like that same person who wore clothes that size even if they are very loose on me now.

DaddioM Wed, Mar-10-04 23:56

Bat Girl...that's not pestering

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgirl
I wish I had taken all my measurements when I started. Then I would have had proof I was getting smaller in writing. Then I wouldn't keep pestering my hubby. ('Do you think it looks small Today???')

Batgirl, asking your husband that isn't "pestering", it's sheer torture!! There is NO good way for a husband to answer that question :lol:

lizwhip Thu, Mar-11-04 00:25

On the other hand, he should be telling her how beautiful she is , every day. So that she wouldn't have to ask for feedback.

Liz

Billiemill Thu, Mar-11-04 00:37

I'm glad I read this thread today. I too feel that I am just so flabby and fat even though I know I have lost weight and my clothes definitely tell me so.. I look down at my belly and think "if I look this bad now, what did I look like before?" Ouch! I should just be happy with the improvement. But maybe it is good too, in that, I am gonna stick with it this time and I don't want to look down at the big belly with such loathing. Should one just admire the good changes??? Maybe, but, I also want the push to keep going to look better.

batgirl Thu, Mar-11-04 06:49

Weel...

I made a solemn vow to my Hubby not to get mad at him for telling me the truth. So now, when I ask for the truth, I get it! And if I don't like it, I have no one to blame but myself, do I? ;)

But he does tell me to stop worrying, that I look so much better than before. He's a great help, really. Even if he is honest sometimes when I would secretly wish he wasn't. :lol:

Ms.Kidy Thu, Mar-11-04 08:33

Last night when I was making one of my many midnight trips to the bathroom, I got back into bed and my BF was feeling for where I was and finally said, "There you are, your getting so skinny I couldn't find you." He then snuggled up to me and feel back to sleep and I thought that was so sweet, cause he was half-asleep when he said it. :)

Elsah Thu, Mar-11-04 08:36

What a sweeeeeeeet guy!! You are really lucky to have someone like that. When I ask my husband he just says, "don't ask me, I live with you and see you every day so I can't see a difference"