Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Advanced/High Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Taebo workouts anyone? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=165276)

etoiles Fri, Feb-13-04 18:37

I love Tae Bo and it is great to meet other TAe bo users out there !

I have used some sort of Tae bo since the day I started low carbing. At first I did the beginners tae bo everyday, then I alternated it with Richard simmons, finally working up to the advanced tae bo! That is a proud moment when you can make it through that! :D

Now I rotate it with leslie sansone videos.

I like the regular advanced workout now and then tae bo ripped is pretty good, a little intensive and at about the 45-50 min mark I can't do all the moves anymore but hopefully one day! :)

Also found the tae bo live tapes for only $4 at Value City! what a steal!

cc30 Fri, Feb-13-04 20:56

I have been doing Tae bo for 2 weeks now and just started making it through the Get Ripped tape! It is a great feeling to complete that everyday! It is so empowering!

jackie005 Sun, Feb-15-04 11:02

Good morning fellow tae-boers. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

cc30 - good for you
Quote:
It is a great feeling to complete that everyday! It is so empowering!
I completely agree with you. Billy has a way of keeping you motivated doesn't he?

ItaliaGirl Sun, Feb-15-04 11:28

yes i have a taebo tape - but i cant remember the name of the guy.

shows how often i played it! :)

but i am determined to give it ago!

jackie005 Mon, Feb-16-04 15:26

Good afternoon ladies. How is everyone doing today? I just wanted to share something. Today is my official weigh in day and all though I didn't lose a bunch of weight (.5 pounds) I did lose 1 inch off my hips and thighs. I really do think it has to do with the workout routine I'm doing. I incorporate tae-bo into my workouts and do it 3x a week. For the days I can't do a full workout (50-55 minutes) I created a 40 minute tape. It consists of doing the 8 minute plus the 30 minute Basic and ending with another 8 minute. They are all on one tape. I know I could do the Basic by itself but for me (since I've been doing it so long) it's too easy.
Just wanted to share. Hope it helps someone.

And ladies, for those of you who haven't started one yet, start a journal on line. It's a great way to keep track of what you are doing and eating everday.

Have a great day.

etoiles Mon, Feb-16-04 15:54

Jackie - that is a good idea!! My husband has trouble with the advanced tapes so I could always do that with him and add the 8 minute one in before and after and do those by myself.

For days when I am short on time (and he is not going to exercise) I do the advanced tae bo tape just hte first 40 minutes or so of cardio and skip the floor exercises and sometimes do those later. That seems to work good too.

ItaliaGirl Tue, Feb-17-04 13:17

Yes the tape is the guy Billy's

The man is HOT!

oh I shall be working out now more and more.

Thats motivation for you! :)

Janette360 Wed, Feb-18-04 11:26

I love kickboxing and it keeps me in great shape (as long as i do It- lol). I found that if i combine that workout with aerobics it gives me the best results. Working out helps when I fail to eat low carb.

hilsmit Fri, Feb-20-04 14:33

I have used the tae-bo tapes in the past and they seem to be the ONLY thing that works on me. I am a bit lazy so it is really hard to get me motivated but tae-bo is the only thing that I can see my results. I have tried walking, running, pilates, and various other workouts but billy always seems to work for me! I am going to try to start doing tae-bo again on monday...we'll see!!!

JaydensMom Fri, Feb-20-04 16:41

What are your favorite Taebo tapes? I only have the first one (I think). It is the Basic workout. But I would like to get another one. Which one(s) do you guys prefer?? I would love to know.
TIA

etoiles Fri, Feb-20-04 16:47

I like the blue box advanced tape pretty much. It is like the intermediate version I think. And after that I am starting to get into the Get Ripped Tae Bo tapes which are pretty nice also.

JaydensMom Fri, Feb-20-04 17:21

WoW! If I can ever get through the basic workout with out gasping for air, maybe I will get one of the tapes that you mentioned. Lol.

etoiles Fri, Feb-20-04 18:38

:lol: I know exactly what you mean!!! I started exercising with the basic one you have and I did that rotating with richard simmons every other day for 6 months before I even attempted! the advanced version.

The golden Tae bo might be okay, it is for seniors so it goes a little slower but still a good workout.

JaydensMom Fri, Feb-20-04 18:42

Thanks for the info. I may have to look for that one then. Lol. I just am not as young and in shape as I used to be. Bummer.

Emmsy Tue, Feb-24-04 09:15

I LOVE TAEBO!!! I adore it!! I have been doing Taebo since before low carbing but the combination is awesome!!!
Tae bo has me addicted to working out, I do it now five times a week.

I have been waiting for a thread like this, it's awesome that so many others enjoy it to!!!

Cheers, Emmsy