Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How did everyone do on Superbowl Sunday? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=163973)

triponthis Mon, Feb-02-04 10:01

I had an awesome steak, with a salad!
I passed on all the junk food! Yay me! =)

JayceeMn Mon, Feb-02-04 10:26

OMG, I fell asleep!
I ended up going to the store--go a bunch of stuff for dinner and made a great "taco salad" then I sat down to watch the game and read "Dr. A's Essentials" that new book and I woke up right after my son was cheering on Janets left....well you know. He's 16, I hardly blame him! :)

Mythrandir Mon, Feb-02-04 10:29

I cooked Jambalaya and Garlic French Bread for my friends and I cooked my normal atkin's meal for myself.

Cutting up the Garlic Franch Bread was a little difficult. For the first time in 2 weeks since I started I did want to take that loaf of bread and gobble it down.

But I didn't :)!
Myth

sandylevit Mon, Feb-02-04 10:50

not so good. snuck in a few chips.

ate too many
wings with lots of bluecheese (which was low carb, but
still too many), and had 3 glasses of red wine. I was
in charge of the chips so I also brought pork rinds.

the real problem was a birthday party earlier in the day where they served pizza and caved in for a slice.

scale this morning was not very nice to me. going
to be real good this week and stick more to OWL then
pre maint.

sandy

BlitzedAng Mon, Feb-02-04 10:52

No cravings what so ever so it was a breeeeez.

KIDBXRS Mon, Feb-02-04 11:24

I did pretty good. I had a big pig salad. Chopped bbq (no sauce) with lettuce and tomato. I was very hungry all day though. I think I have been drinking way to much coffee with splenda. No more coffee as of today I am going to see if I can break my short stall and get the hunger under control again.

stashyc Mon, Feb-02-04 13:34

No problem- pepperoni slices and a few slices of cheddar cheese did the trick. I suppose I could have done without the green apple vodka and diet tonic, but I only had two....

Yay Patriots!!!

Sbear Mon, Feb-02-04 14:45

I whipped up a batch of those peanutbutter cheesecake thingies. Only thing I could not stop eating them. Finally had to wrestle with them from the fridge to the trash. I hate wasting food, but rather that than the temptation.

They're good but I know I can't control myself with them.

Otherwise the day was a breeze!

Liv2004 Mon, Feb-02-04 15:02

I did great, maybe because I don't watch sports :lol:

cherper Mon, Feb-02-04 16:23

I ate 1 slice of pizza.......All of it. I wasn't stressed about it until, I made a dessert for everyone else and I ate 3( lemon bars) !
I'm so weak.! But I won't use it as an excuse to go off this wol. I had 2 boiled eggs for breakfast this morn.

2brickie Mon, Feb-02-04 18:20

great at my place, but i cooked everything, so we had wings, cocktail sausages, veggies with spinach dip, my darling husband had his chips and salsa, but i havent had chips in so long it doesnt even bother me anymore, (havent had chips forever like 8 years because i normally have high blood pressure but with this wol i havent had any problems), and they all had ice cream and i had some atkins ice cream and lost 1 pound this morning. i also use the dont eat anything after 6 pm rule though so from then on it was water water water, and oh yes a diet coke with lime

hansjs Mon, Feb-02-04 19:10

I had coverage for work...so I stayed home and watched the big game (Go Pats!). That made it easy, I just ate like I normally would (5 weeks now of at or very near induction). Chicken and broccoli.
I did have 3 Russel Stovers LC chocolare mints, but that's not too bad.

StarOrchid Mon, Feb-02-04 19:42

Liv, I also did very well. Cause I HATE sports. I don't even know who won the superbowl.. don't really care either... heard about janet jackson's nipple though... what great info... lol. I sat and watched the Charmed marathon on TNT with my low carb snackies

kathroon Mon, Feb-02-04 20:10

Did wonderful........ had roast before the game and drank 4 Miller Lites (3.2 carbs). No snacks whatsoever, just wasn't hungry!!!!!!!!!yyiipppeeee

driso Mon, Feb-02-04 22:40

well i worked during the super bowl, but since i live in houston, i had to leave my house 2 hours before work just to get there on time since my job is right near reliant stadium. sucks bad