Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   What's Wrong With My Body? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=154236)

LilaCotton Wed, Dec-17-03 02:59

Hi there! Hey, also keep in mind that if you're eating exactly what you should be eating, your body is going to increase its lean muscle mass, which means that you will be losing more fat than your scales show because you're increasing muscle. This is a GOOD thing, and it may mean in the long run you will absolutely no way ever reach 112 pounds. However, you will reach the SIZE you want to be. :) Shoot, I have an 18-year-old daughter that is 5'4" tall, and her lean body mass is 107 pounds right now. Imagine her trying to get to 112. The percentage of body fat is much more important than the actual weight.

Best of luck to you! :)

patriciar Mon, Dec-22-03 16:18

for the past few days.. ive eaten a lot of fats .. and i went to the bathroom to check it with the ketostrips and it went dark purple w/c i was really happy about.. bUT MINE just take a long time to lose weight.. and ive been eating the right foods.

potatofree Mon, Dec-22-03 20:57

If it went really DARK purple you may be either registering DIETARY fat or even be dehydrated. GO up to teh orange bar at the top of teh page, and click on "Low Carb Tips" you'll find a really good article about the strips and their "quirks".

patriciar Tue, Dec-23-03 10:13

what is dat mean? is it bad that it went purple

patriciar Tue, Dec-23-03 10:14

What is dat mean? is it bad?

Wenzday Tue, Dec-23-03 11:16

usually if they are DARK purple it means you are dehydrated. Make sure you dont eat 3 hours before bed then test with strips in the morniing before you have anything to eat....that way you KNOW its detecting you and not the food you ate.

good luck.

patriciar Tue, Dec-23-03 11:43

hi there! i dont think i was dehydrated becuz i had been driking 1352oz of water..
ps. do u happen to know if its okay to take pain killer medication like vicodin or antibiotics? i just had my teeth pulled out yesterday and it swelling. im just scared to take any antibiotics coz it might stall my weight.. and i thought that if the ketostrip turned purple means you're losing weight but there are reasons besides that, huh?
thanks

Kaohi Tue, Dec-23-03 12:22

It might not be the way you eat at all it might me that you need to excercise. I would die to be the weight you are now. Actually I would say that majority of us posting 135 pounds is our goal weight. My Ideal weight is 140 pounds however I would be satisfied at 150 to 160. I excercise every single day. As you said earlier you don't have time because of school. Well I don't either. I am a mother of 4 ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. I work full time from 8 am in the morning to 5 or 7pm at night. When I get home all I do is bath the kids, cook them dinner and check home work. I go to bed at 10 pm after the news. Now that is no time. However I do wake up at 5:45 am before the children wake up and excercise for 45 minutes. So at 6:30 am I wake the kids up to get ready for school.

If I can do it you can too!!!!

It won't hurt just to try.

patriciar Tue, Dec-23-03 12:26

i know what you mean.. some ppl tell me that i dont need to lose more weight i just need to exercise to tone my body.. but as i said before i just can't .. i work full time and i go to school. i would be dead literally if i would work out.. Good for you that u exercise.. well goodluck !

CindyLynn Tue, Dec-23-03 18:43

patriciar,
If you want a toned and proportioned body, you aren't going to get it by loosing more weight. Unless you tone the muscle as you lose you'll still be flabby. You'll be dissatisfied with that, and want to lose even more weight when you should be toning and working out.

Honestly, no one has time for exercise. How many people to hear about going to personal trainers because they have absolutely nothing to do? Not many.

Look for a plan that takes maybe 20 minutes a day. What would work best for toning is a weight lifting routine. Weight lifting is also good for your bones to prevent ostiopreosis. I hope that helps. :)
~CindyLynn~

Mandra Wed, Dec-24-03 07:43

On the hot dog front, you have to check what is in them. I have here a package of chicken weiners that I use for training my dogs. The second ingredient is wheat flour. The third is cornstarch. Farther down the list is dextrose (sugar). Sausages can be a challenge too, but I am able to find some without these fillers or nitrites (except I haven't found breakfast type sausages without wheat in them...)

Lisa N Wed, Dec-24-03 08:19

Quote:
Look for a plan that takes maybe 20 minutes a day. What would work best for toning is a weight lifting routine. Weight lifting is also good for your bones to prevent ostiopreosis. I hope that helps.
~CindyLynn~

CindyLynn is right. You don't have to spend hours in the gym every day to get good results. Focus on the excercises that give you the most benefit for the shortest time which would most likely be some form of weight resistance training. I think you'd be surprised at the results that even 20 minutes a day at home using free weights would give you.

Kristine Wed, Dec-24-03 10:15

...and that could be 20 minutes a day, three times a week. :thup: :thup: That's all I put in, and it works nicely.

potatofree Wed, Dec-24-03 11:05

As I tell my son when he tries to get out of his physical therapy. There is no such word as "can't".

It can be a challenge to fit everything into a day, but you're only shortchanging yourself if you refuse to follow the very sound advice you've been given in search of an easier answer.

If it were easy, we'd all be thin.