Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Protein Power (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Protein Power Pals - Monday - December 1 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=151710)

MarnieON Mon, Dec-01-03 18:43

Hi all,
Just took a look outside. YUCK!!!! Glad I don't have to go anywhere tonight. Hope DH makes it home. Although if he has to stay at the farm, that's fine too, as long as he's safely in one place. We have a snow squall warning. One minute it's clear and the next it's storming like crazy. Mammo went fine, as did ultrasound. The doctor who read my first films is away this week and she will be reading these as well. So the ultrasound tech said it would be 10 days to 2 weeks before my doctor would have the results. "However, if I were you, I wouldn't be too concerned. I think they were just being very cautious. I didn't see anything". X-ray tech said similar. I'm surprised they said anything. When I worked there, we weren't supposed to give any kind of indication of results, even if we knew. So I'm sure everything is going to be OK. And the weather was fine for the drive.
Glad your MRI went OK, Elaine. How long before you get results? Way to go for hanging in there for your 3 protein days.
And :yay: :yay: for Renee getting that feeding tube out. That must have seemed like heaven.
I've gotta run as expecting phone call from daughter and son-in-law in a few minutes. And we have a dial-up connection.
Marjorie

Chamellie Mon, Dec-01-03 19:01

I will have to make this quick as I cannot stand the smell of myself right now!! Yes, went to gym but that is not why I smell. After the gym I went to the Base Exchange and was checking out perfumes! I have J Glo and VC Halo on one arm and VC Breathless on the other. Except for the Halo, the other two really stink!! DD had to roll down the windows in the car! It is absolutely awful!

Another funny story before I wash this horrid stuff off. I went the gym in my usual capri grey workout pants with a oversized teeshirt. For some reason almost everyone in there kept looking at me. OK, I am not that worthy of attention so I started thinking....what is wrong? Is my bra showing? Something hanging out of my nose? Hair messed up? Lack of options, not many females in there? Hole in my pants? LOL, I finally finshed my 25 mintues on the elliptical machine and raced to the bathroom to see if there was something on my face!! Then I left and now I stink to high heaven!

DH is Phoenix until Thursday evening, so I actually will get computer time :)

Elaine - Good job and hanging in there!

Marnie - Keep warm!!

OK....REALLY NEED TO SHOWER!!!

Lissette Mon, Dec-01-03 21:42

Good evening! :)

Wow what a busy thread today!

Orang is off the nurse Rachet carbage!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:
Good to hear that! How are you feeling?? I can't imagine how sore your throat is, I bet that you feel so much better now that that tube is gone! :agree: Oh and speaking of more renegades, we had some fed boys stop in to ask us about one of our neighbors, he has been winging shots at hunters, he has always been a bit hmm shall we say :daze: , So it will be interesting on how it turns out! Things are tamer here then in your neck of the woods, alot of the out-law cowboys and land wars have long since died out, My Dh's grandpa (died at 98 a few years back) was one of them, I loved his stories and still miss him!

Elaine, glad that the mri went alright, :bhug: to you , let us know how the results come out! So the Wendy plan is working good for you??? I have 2 more days of the low calories, To tell you the truth, i have really missed the yogurt and am enjoying it! :yum: Oh do you like the PF song "comfortably numb" That is one of my faves of theirs! :thup:

Marnie, Glad to hear that the news will must likely be good! Hope that your storm will not be to severe! Hang in there and stay warm!!! :cool:

Bw, So what are you reading these days?? I have a variety, but am in the middle of an Anne Rice novel at the moment! :read2:

Ellie, Ahhhh, you smell ok from here! :lol: You go girl on the great workouts!!! And don't sell yourself short, People like to look at ATTRACTIVE people, And from your picture, YOU ARE ONE!!!!!!! :agree: :agree:

Rob, I have the keto noodles and am going to try the Yeti-spegetti! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: HA

Wendy, have you tried the carb countdown milk??? It is 100 cals, 3 grms of carbs, 12 protein, and low fat, i had that for one of the mini meals, do you think that would work instead of a serving of yogurt???

Well I need to get going, Hello to Robin, OneEye, Kristine,Black,Dreamer, and to everyone else! have a good night!! :roll:

Chamellie Mon, Dec-01-03 22:09

Thank you Lissette, a very nice compliment :) I go to the gym all the time and that never happens so it was rather strange today. I would imagine it is quite cold in your neck of the woods.

Orang - I didn't mean to forget you!! I am so happy you off the tube and can eat real food. I knew you would be back on your feet soon :)

I smell much better now :lol: I don't remember if I mentioned it or not but I found a math tutor :read: for DD finally. Pre-algerbra is very tough. I was having the hardest time finding a tutor so I finally went online and found a site called tutor.com. Fate is a strange thing :spin: What are the odds in a town of 60,000+ that the only one tutor registered in Yuma is the spouse of a Marine who happens to live directly behind the building in which I work? Isn't that freaky? She is working on her AA in mathmatics and is really great. It seems the problem is DD's math teacher isn't teaching very well :rolleyes: