Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Countdown to 140! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=143696)

hellraiser Fri, Oct-24-03 11:16

CalicoCat: personally I keep myself below 30 grams of carbs a day, but that's just me because I really am trying to loose for my wedding date. If I didn't have such a deadline I would probably eat a bit more carbs.

Cheers,
H.

Fiona mcK Mon, Oct-27-03 05:31

hi all! well I gained back 4 of the 30 I lost due to a 2 week carb binge. I am back on induction for the full two week. (YUK) I wonder if I'm going to go through the same withdrawals??? anyway, I'm back and I'm going to finish the job this time!!!!

Susan

CalicoCat Mon, Oct-27-03 07:59

Fiona, I am with you with all my heart.

I never did the induction part because I am not doing Atkins but Montignac. But I have several friends and some family who are doing the induction part of Atkins from time to time and I heard it is not easy. Remember that we are here for you, whenever you feel down or have good news to share. Let’s hope there will be plenty of good news!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: Courage, will are all with you :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

CalicoCat Mon, Oct-27-03 16:27

Well, now I am rewarded for all the not eating bread:devil: , potatoes:devil: and desert:devil: at my mother in law birthday party. I have lost a pound! :Party:

I am so happy!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I think it has to do with entering everything I eat on fitday.com. Now I cannot make mistakes like eating sugar free chocolate and don’t realise it contains 25 carbs!!! When I entered that one, it jus cut my appetite to ever buy some again! It is sugar free, how can it contain 25 carbs???

Fiona mcK Mon, Oct-27-03 17:52

Calico Cat,

Thanks for your encouragement. Was the sugar free chocolate carbs from sugar alcohol? Because that's not supposed to count as "real" carbs... read the label very carefully! WEll I got through the day - not perfect but I'm done for the day... I had:

B - scrambled eggs

S - 2 oz pepperoni
L - tuna salad on celery sticks
S - sf (4 carb) hot cocoa
D - lc toast with ff cream cheese and almond butter

(6 triscuits -- oops!!)

You're right though fitday would be a good idea, but it seems to take soooo long!

hellraiser Mon, Oct-27-03 20:43

149 pounds for 12 days now and nothing happens. Nice... a stall just before my wedding... :(

H.

meigg Mon, Oct-27-03 22:51

Can I join in? I need a good motivator. My goal is 140 as well (my old weight). Is it okay that I am at 182.5 right now? If not, let me know - I know you all are alot closer to goal. Thanks.

Fiona mcK Tue, Oct-28-03 04:46

Hi Meigg, You're more than welcome in my book. This board is so important to me. When I post I lose, when I stop I fall off track. Have a great day everyone!!

fishie48 Tue, Oct-28-03 06:25

Of course you can join Meig, I'm alot further away than you are. It will just take us longer, that's all.

meigg Tue, Oct-28-03 08:13

thanks!

I have two goals today: no cigarettes, and staying on plan.

I am scrambled eggs with cheese right now, and enjoying a cup of coffee.

Can you guys give me suggestions - I waitress from 10:15am until 2:30 or 3 every day. I eat breakfast at about 8:30. Any snack ideas - keep in mind I am not supposed to eat during my shift?

If you have any ideas, let me know.

hellraiser Tue, Oct-28-03 09:28

meigg: welcome to the board. Hope we can help you and you help us.

My snack ideas to take outsid:
- ziplock bag with 1 oz or 2 oz of macadamias or pecans.
- pices of string cheese or those smilling cow cheese triangles.
- Atkins bar
- 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs
- ziploc with olives
- can of tuna with plastic fork

Hope it helps I travel a lot by plane and these sure help me when I'm up there looking at a carb loaded meal and no way to escape.

Best to all of you ladies. Cheers,
H.
-

Fiona mcK Wed, Oct-29-03 05:44

Good Ideas Hellraiser... I need all the help I can today... I just need to get through and entire day with no cheats!! i'm going to do it though, but I guess i btter get off the board and get in the shower!!! have a good one!!
Susan

Fiona mcK Wed, Oct-29-03 05:47

Meigg... did you get through the day with no smoking?? We are watching you...;)

Mythymna Wed, Oct-29-03 06:13

Hi, I was wondering if I could join this challenge as well.

I've been trying to do low carb for some months now, failing miserablly. I have been a vegetarian for the last 7 years. Doing low carb properly is almost not possible this way.

I've decided this past weekend to start eating meat to help give me a wider range of foods to eat. I've looked at buying meats from small farms here in England over the internet. This seems to be the only way I'll feel comfortable about it. I'm already added fish a few months ago, but as I've never been to big on fish (except shellfish), it's been too limiting, especially when going out.

I started properly on Monday. Doing pretty much an Atkins sort of induction. The only thing I can't really cut out is the glass of wine that I have in the evening with my meal, and a cup of tea w/milk in the morning. (I'm living in England and I've finally caved into this habit). Both these i don't think i can break from right now.

I've lost 2 pounds already (I've also started to use my gym membership again) doing something Monday and Tues. for an hour. I generally feel very horrible, achy, and weak. I was wondering if this a normal withdrawl.

I hope to continue this time, to get down to 140 which was my weight 3 years ago before I started with birth-control pills (the original catalyst I beleive to my weight gain). I am near my heaviest now, but i've never managed to break the 170 mark for over a year and the 150 mark for 2 years, so I've got work to do. I was also married this summer at my heaviest weight, and I'm hoping to get my weight down for the 1st anniversary at least and maybe even go on holiday and wear a bikini without feeling foolish.

Anyway, nice to hear what you've all posted.

CalicoCat Wed, Oct-29-03 12:03

Mythymna,

On Montignac, we are allowed to drink a glass of wine with meals. Perhaps on Atkins it will slow down your weight lost. Just try it and see. Maybe you will think that it doesn’t matters if you loose that weight a little slower as long as you enjoy the way you are eating. I know that’s my case. I also drink tea with milk every morning. If you stall too much, you can always cut those things latter.

Fiona,

The 25 carbs in the chocolate were from: sugar 3.5g, starch 0.17g, maltitol 20,5g.

I didn’t know about not counting the carbs from sugar alcohol, so I went on the tips part of this web site and read a little on the subject. It is still not clear whether or not I should count them but I think I will avoid chocolate on my everyday diet and keep it for special occasions because I need to eat a lot to be satisfied and it triggers bad eating habits for me.