Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   What is your plan for dealing with Halloween Candy? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=142480)

Sunslyte Mon, Oct-13-03 18:04

I'm buying my halloween candy ON halloween, and anything that doesn't get given away goes to the office the next day to the communal candy basket.

I don't really have a problem with regular candy being around, as long as I have a low carb version that I can have any time I like.

Of course, I don't consider low carb junk food bad

MisterE Mon, Oct-13-03 19:51

My plan for dealing with Halloween candy is to wait in the buses around the house after dark and jump out at the very small children. I should have plenty of candy after that.
Hmmm? I am bad!

LCchickFL Tue, Oct-14-03 14:04

No biggie for me. I got through last halloween just fine and I'll get through this one too. I usually buy cheaper candies that I'm not crazy about to give to the kiddies, so I wouldn't want it anyway, even if I was feeling vulnerable that day.

I also have LC chocolate in the house if I really feel like I need a treat that day. :)

NANCI B Tue, Oct-14-03 15:52

Our child goes to a parochial school that is having a fall festival on halloween night. I have to bring 2 big bags of candy to the school for the games booths. I bought the candy and took it immediately to the school. (they said I was the first one to comply) We will not give out treats on halloween as we will be at the carnival. Our child is only 5 so the ammount of candy she brings home is a tiny ammount. No problems.

(candy was never my problem anyway. I would be screwed if you got bread and potatoes on halloween. :lol: )

Nanci

maggie3456 Tue, Oct-14-03 18:03

thanksgiving

I was really worried about going off plan last year on thanksgiving but really there was more than enough LC food to eat......the turkey :yay:
and i made a sugar free jello and heavy cream
Green bean cassarole that everyone loved made with pork rinds instead of french fried onion rings ( no one knew)my son asks for this all the time.
Salad.....a veggie and dip tray....cheese and salami ......and Low carb pumpkin cheese cake....which the kids ate most of.
Probably had a few more carbs than i have most days......but really did stay on plan :wiggle: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Same with Christmas......there was more than enough to pick from to stay legal and not feel cheated at all. :thup: The thing i missed most was the chex party mix :nono:
hugs
maggie :wiggle:

Ellen-mom Wed, Oct-15-03 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANCI B
(candy was never my problem anyway. I would be screwed if you got bread and potatoes on halloween. :lol: )

Nanci

Oh SO TRUE!!!!!

I am sure that if there is any candy left when I get back from taking my son to the church that my (Soon to be) DH will have taken care of it, and anything that DS brings home as well. LOL

Meanwhile, I will be good!! :angel:

newmee Wed, Oct-15-03 13:01

I put my halloween candy in treat bags for the kids so I don't have to look at it. No problem...out of sight out of mind right?

pixy_nixy Wed, Oct-15-03 20:35

I probably won't have a problem. I'll get my husband's favorites and NOT my own. Make up some type of special dessert that night for me to eat. And when the night is done they'll get stuck in his junk food cupboard. It is filled with the stuff he's allowed to snack on but not in front of me!!! I just love halloween though and won't miss the little trick or treaters for the world. They are sooo cute.