Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Beer (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=141424)

korry1977 Tue, Oct-07-03 15:34

My Previous "Occupation" before I started LC'ing

http://www.daylightdrinkers.org/

Dont laugh too loud...

Hint: If you keep on 'Refreshing' your browser at the home page, you can see more pictures.

:lol:
Korry

skibunnie Tue, Oct-07-03 16:23

Im from oregon, so im really use to drinking good beer. But ive gotten use to miller light, it never stalls me.

madmike Tue, Oct-07-03 16:30

Azuremoon - I don't think there was anything in this thread that indicated a request for your opinion on what people should or should not partake in, in their spare time. No need to spread your personal moral beliefs about drinking on a forum that is intended for those who want to lose weight. :nono:

With that said, GOHOAKIE... welcome to the boards! I have had no problems drinking low-carb beers on the weekends. Miller lite only has 3.5 as compared with Michelob Ultra at 2.6, and it tastes better. I will drink several of those (especially at the Atlanta Falcons games!) and it hasn't effected my weight loss. Otherwise, get a small flask, fill it with rum and stick it in your sock. It has no carbs but as has been mentioned, your body will burn the alcohol first so it will slow your weight loss down. Good luck! mad

korry1977 Tue, Oct-07-03 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinie
Especially when they start telling the same story that they just told you 5 minutes earlier.....and wonder why you aren't listening! :)

Did I tell you that one story before :lol:

Korry

skibunnie Tue, Oct-07-03 17:25

Hmm dont be a hypocrite AzureMoon. Drinking a beer can be harmful on the body, but so can eating mcdonalds. Eating mcdonalds and other unhealthy foods are also addicting. Way more people die from obesity then from drinking. We all have our vices, that doesnt give you room to judge others.

AzureMoon Tue, Oct-07-03 18:11

Madmike and Skibunnie, whoa! I am not preaching temperance! I do drink from time to time. I was just stating my opinion -- which is what we all are doing on this forum, it's part of being involved in the forum -- that I worry about people who may be on a harmful track. Isn't this forum about making yourself better and healthier?

madmike Tue, Oct-07-03 18:25

Azuremoon:

The original question was:

--------------------------------------------
Has anyone drank beer on the weekends and been ok this diet?

Your response was:
I worry about folks that feel that they must drink to have a good time. I suppose the logic in it is that sometimes the people at the functions are not tolerable unless one has been drinking; drunks and their antics are hard to tolerate when one is sober.
------------------------------------------

Frankly, I don't see anything in your post that even closely resembles an attempt to answer this question as it was posed or to help the author of it. It is obvious you simply wanted to throw your moral opinion on the subject of drinking towards the writer, which.. as I said... was neither requested nor warranted in the context of this forum.

If your desire is to spread your moral values and influence the behavior of others, there are places to do this, but this is not that place. Mike

skibunnie Tue, Oct-07-03 19:07

I feel azuremoon is entitled to his opinion, and I respect it. I guess after reading it twice I may have taken it wrong. I felt as though he was passing judgement on her. We must not judge eachother, because we all have our flaws.

AzureMoon Tue, Oct-07-03 19:25

If my post has offended any one or stepped on any toes, my deepest apologies. That was not the intention of the post, nor was it my mindset when I wrote it.

Peace.

Angie43604 Wed, Oct-08-03 08:44

Vikki...actually I didn't feel too bad. I managed to get to be at about 4:30 and then woke at 6:30 with a headache that kept me up for about 2 hours but then I fell back asleep and woke up at 11:00. I was kinda tired though just from all that we had done. My boyfriend says I was hung over...guess he was right on that part I was just kinda slow moving for a while.

Azuremoon...I agree that people shouldn't have to drink to have a good time. I don't feel as though I must drink to have a good time. I used to drink for that purpose to have a good time and then I realized after college that I didn't need to do that. It was just a let loose night. A lot has been going on in my life right about now with my relationship and I just let go and had a good time. Most of the time my boyfriend isn't into the drinking bit but we wanted to experience something different.

I figured that I am 22 and am living like I am 50. I need to get out and experience what most people my age do. I am kinda seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now since that night I let loose. People told me I needed to have more fun and well I just need to get out and do that and along with having fun my metabolism is speeding up and I am burning more fat again. Gotta love it.

Guess next time I will have to try Miller Lite as the Michalobe doesn't have much taste but then maybe that is why I could handle to drink it.

vbrowne Wed, Oct-08-03 08:49

I agree Angie, at 22 you have to live a little - I'm 44 and still feel that way, once in a while we all have to cut loose -- I'm going to the Toronto Maple Leafs / Montreal Canadiens hockey home opener on Saturday, and even though I don't HAVE to, I want to have a few lite beers :)

Vikki

Angie43604 Wed, Oct-08-03 09:09

Enjoy the game Vikki. Let loose. Everyone tells me I need to live a little and well I was ready to get married until I got out and realized there is so much more that I want to do before I get tied down and have kids.

This weight loss I am experiencing is doing such wonders for my self esteem. I have changed my hair, pierced my belly button, and well my boyfriend is getting a little worried that I might up and leave him for a guy he introduced me to. I just really want to get treated the way a woman should be treated, but right now my boyfriend is really having some troubles doing that which has opened my eyes a lot.

Anyways sorry to ramble a little I get going and don't know when to stop. Enjoy the game, kick back, and have a little fun.

atiaran Wed, Oct-08-03 09:29

LC alcohol options:

Beer: Michelob Ultra - this is ok. It's actually quite filling, and you get a decent buzz off 2 bottles (I'm a bit of a lightweight though).
Malt: Called Thin Ice - haven't tried it yet because it came out after I found out I was pregnant
Other: Bring 1 or 2 bottles of dry red wine - this is my favorite because I don't get as bloated as with beer.
One other option is to take a bottle of diet tonic water and mix up your own gin and tonics. (Or you could do rum and diet coke).

KimD66 Thu, Oct-09-03 08:53

Maybe it's because me, but Thin Ice is VERY, VERY sweet! One or two of those and I am done!

vbrowne Thu, Oct-09-03 08:55

I find all coolers to be very sweet now also. I used to love Smirnoff Ice, no it's like drinking some kind of medicine .