Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Diet Rite - Too good to be true?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=140762)

Alhana Fri, Oct-03-03 17:31

I drink 8oz of Diet Rite a day, with dinner.. The rest water, and brewed DC tea:)

Wenzday Fri, Oct-03-03 17:44

Where do you buy Diet Rite? I;ve never seen it before? :( I have really been needing some carbonated drink w/o aspartame... I've been drinking flavored, carbonated water but it has aspartame in it and I have never felt good about that stuff.

lauracat28 Fri, Oct-03-03 17:53

I been drinking deit right i drink about 1 can a day. I also drink fruit 20 since the frist week. I lost 100lbs 7 flovors on comes in cola here. But yet Ma is the last to get everying

Alhana Fri, Oct-03-03 19:23

I buy mine at Krogers, or Meijers... They could be other places, I dont know...

cc48510 Fri, Oct-03-03 23:58

Winn-Dixie (NW and South FL), Albertsons (NW and South FL), Publix (South Florida) Super Wal-Mart (NW and South FL), Krogers (Atlanta, GA), Buy-Lo (Vidalia, GA). You can also get the 20 oz. Bottles at some Amocos and Super Wal-Marts in Central (Montgomery) and North (Hartselle) Alabama. But, generally the 20 oz Bottles are very hard to find elsewhere. Hartselle, AL is also the only place I've ever found Diet Rites in a Soda Machine. The 2 Liters and 12 Packs are the easiest to find. Those are what some Supermarkets carry. The 12-packs ounce for ounce will usually cost almost twice as much as the 2-Liters.

There is another option if you don't mind Caffeine: Clover Valley Diet Cola. They sell it at Dollar General [Dollar Store.] It is dirt cheap: $0.50 for a 2-Liter and $2 for a 12-Pack. It is made with Splenda...But, it contains Caffeine...So, I haven't tried it. They also make Flavored Waters with Splenda which do not contain Caffeine.

I've heard of Diet RC, which also contains Caffeine...But, I have shopped in 3 states (FL, AL, and GA) since LCing and have yet to find Diet RC in any of those states. Diet RC will be virtually impossible to find. It apparently isn't even sold in a large part of the country. I'll check when I visit Texas next Weekend and see if they have it there or not.

donchka Sun, Oct-05-03 08:58

Diet Rite is distributed by the 7-up distributor here. You might telephone the 7-up distributor for your area and ask where they deliver Diet Rite.

DeanaJane Sun, Oct-05-03 17:34

I just recently found the brand "Clover Valley" at the dollar general stores. It's not soda it flavored sparkling water. But it's such a treat. It tastes sweet and hits the spot. I've been missing soda but all I could find is the diet rite cola. I don't like dark sodas so I needed something else. This has been a blessin. The flavors I've found are Black Cherry, White grape and Peach. Yummmmy

Deana

PS I still manage to drink at least 120oz of water a day. When I finish the sparkling water I use that bottle for my water. I make myself drink one 33 oz glass on my way to work. Then I allow myself a cup of coffee, but not until I drink 33oz of water first.