Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Calling all couch potatos -- From couch to 5K! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=138710)

Candles Tue, Oct-07-03 15:00

Thank you JenofWi let me know how you are doing.

Love Candles

JenofWi Thu, Oct-09-03 06:58

Hi, The runs are going well. I really need new shoes! My shins hurt even though I stretch. My shoes are old and I'm pretty sure it's their fault. I have to wait until the end of next week when my husband gets paid.

VanCityGirl will you ever come back? How are you?

Candles what point fo the plan are you on?

Hope you are all doing well!

Candles Fri, Oct-10-03 08:57

JenofWi, I am still in induction stage. Hope everyone has a great weekend......Had visitors all week very hectic wasnt able to go to the gym so it looks like I will get back on track starting Monday :yay:

Love Candles :)

Candles Tue, Oct-21-03 14:47

Where is everyone here? There hasn't been any activity......

Hope to hear from everyone here and that everything is doing GREAT!!!!

love Candles:)

JenofWi Fri, Oct-24-03 18:16

Hi. Had to take a week off as my daughter had a nasty cold and I couldn't take her to the health club day care. I started again today at the beginning of week three. The second three minute run was kinda tough but I got through it. I've been listening to "Flood" by They Might be Giants. Have you ever heard of them? They a really fun band. I was listening to disco before. "I Will Survive" is great to run to.
Are you doing the cool runnings program? When I asked which part of the program ou were on that's what I was referring to.
I hope you are doing well.

JenofWi Mon, Nov-24-03 19:26

Ok. I know no one is doing this with me anymore but today I ran for twenty minutes straight. That's like 2 MILES!!!!
I'm really proud of myself.

:yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay: :yay: Yay Jen :yay:

Kayakker Mon, Dec-01-03 17:41

Hey Jen!!

I started the Couch to 5k about 3 weeks ago!! I didn't know there was a thread for it :)

My dd had some minor surgery on her foot and as caretaker my routine has been abbreviated....but I am still working the program.

Congrats on your 20 mins. that is awesome!!

Hope you keep it up...and if you have already given up..then let's get motivated again!!

Renée

korry1977 Mon, Dec-01-03 18:37

oh...

ok this must be the thread... Duh! :doah: well I gonna start this program tommorow...

have a good one everyone,
Korry

JenofWi Thu, Dec-04-03 08:37

Hey. I'm so glad this is active again!!!!!!!
I was supposed to start the 25 minutes runs on Monday but this week has been freakishly busy. I can start - right where I left off - on Monday. I really like this program. There were a couple of runs when I thought I would stop running early. I kept up every time, though and felt so proud of myself.
I never thought I'd be able to run, much less start running at 35. Sorry I lost track of this challenge thread. I'm so glad you're both here. Tell me how it is going for you both.

Kayakker Thu, Dec-04-03 09:11

Hi Ya'll~

Still going slow here! But Jen, I am sooo glad to hear that you have been keeping up with the program...even with a few glitches. This time of year it is murder to keep up a program, let me tell ya!

korry1977 Thu, Dec-04-03 09:12

I finished the first workout tuesday... plan to do #2 today... seemed alright... the longest I ever ran was 14 miles... 2 years ago... took me about 3 hours to do... LOL... still a beginner...

korry1977 Sat, Dec-06-03 12:28

jogging today 1st week w/o 3

JenofWi Wed, Dec-10-03 18:55

Yikes. What a week. I think it's getting better (knocking wood!). My daughter has been too sick to go to the gym's day care. I think we'll make it in on Friday, though.
This is the longest I've gone without running since I started and I hope it won't be too tough. I plan on doing 25 minutes even though I've taken almost 2 weeks off.
How is everyone else holding up?

Kayakker Wed, Dec-10-03 21:14

Going good here! Just came in from a late evening run in the pouring rain. Whoo hoo. Now I feel like a real runner!!

Jen I did okay after a break...seemed like I picked right up where I left off!!

korry1977 Fri, Dec-12-03 12:26

Last night:

ran for 5 min, with 4 min breaks in between for 30 mins...

sprinted 2 x 50 yards...

After I did those sprints... was literally gasping for airs...

I miss that feeling... lol... reminds me of what I came here for and what I need to do!

here is jogging routine I am doing now:
http://www.runningplanet.com/articl...?article_id=340