Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Tami's Gym Log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136330)

TamiOrr Wed, Oct-01-03 17:19

Thanks Bill....and open leering is sometimes welcome! LOL

alaskaman Thu, Oct-02-03 19:21

OK, Tami, will keep that in mind. Watch some old Groucho Marx movies, I believe he was considered a master "leerer." Hey, I saw somewhere that you are a newfie? cool, have you ever read Farley Mowat's book, "The boat who wouldn't float,' about his adventures in Newfoundland? Its a scream, if you haven't get, it, it is better for your mood than a snort of schnapps!!! Bill

TamiOrr Thu, Oct-02-03 22:03

no workout today. My bad!

Bill, haven't read that one but I love Farley Mowatt. Will be sure to check it out.

TamiOrr Fri, Oct-03-03 11:01

20 minutes at Curves

Down another pound to a 12 week total of 24.5 pounds! WOOHOOOOO!

alaskaman Fri, Oct-03-03 22:06

Tami, that is SO great, 24.5 libs!!! Here's a thought that will possibly inspire you or possibly revolt you -- imagine being in the store, deciding you need to smuggle out 24.5 lbs of bacon or whatever, by stuffing it in your waistband!! 24 packages, that's what's gone!! Do you find that the exercise gives you a bit of a high? Oh yes, have you checked out that lavish new water park place there? I bet my kids would like it, even though mostly Takhini is the complete answer. Hot water, nice camping, black forest torte (for them, not for me!!) Catch you later. Bill

TamiOrr Fri, Oct-03-03 23:00

Bill, that is such an awesome way to look at the weight loss....wow 24.5 packs of bacon...lol...who woulda thunk?

I have been to the new pool. I've inly gone down the slide once because I had my daughter with me, but she loved it! The lazy river is lots of fun too...it would be worth checking out the next time you come over this way. However, I am partial to the Hot Springs too!

TamiOrr Mon, Oct-06-03 10:46

30 minutes at Curves

alaskaman Tue, Oct-07-03 21:27

Hi Tami, you sure are clicking off those goals. Great work. I still haven't signed up for gym but have upped the weights I swing on my walks, 10 lbs now. BTW, are there still RV's parked at the WalMart lot, or is that just a summer thing? speaking of Walmart, I saw somewhere on this forum that Walmart is stocking Atkins ice cream. Don't know if that applies to Alaska and Yukon. Frankly, I am not investigating, it could be hard not to overdo it. Well, even reg ice cream is a weak spot for many of us. I am a diabetic as you may know, but oddly regular ice cream was not the WORST thing i could have, the worst was breadstuffs, wife's fresh bread, my own light yeast rolls, and of course pizza. They were all worse than ice cream but that didn't make it good for me. Hey, I'm rambling again, did that over on your journal, doing it here. There's a bluegrass song, "Lawd I'm a ramblin' man," don't think this is what they meant. Bye for now, keep it up, Bill

TamiOrr Tue, Oct-07-03 22:59

30 Minutes at Curves

Bill, I was at Walmart today and I didn't see any lc ice-cream. Maybe it is just the states that carries it. But then again, we are always a few months behind so who knows.

As for the campers in the Walmart partking lot, they are pretty scarce now. All thoise old folks prefer our summers to our autumns and winters...lol

TamiOrr Wed, Oct-08-03 18:24

30 Minutes at Curves

TamiOrr Thu, Oct-09-03 17:18

30 Minutes at Curves

alaskaman Thu, Oct-09-03 21:14

Great work - is the Curves stuff enjoyable, or just something you do to get the exercise benfits? A friend at church was doing step aerobics, said she really liked it, then had a fall, broke an ankle, hasn't gone back to it. cold and rainy here, feels like it could snow. Will get back to you, you're doing great. bill

Tashi Fri, Oct-10-03 00:25

Hello Fellow Curvy,

Just thought I would stop by and tell you, your doing a great job!

-Tashi

TamiOrr Fri, Oct-10-03 08:50

Thanks Bill and Tashi..your support means a lot to me!

And BIll, Curves is both fun and healthy....get two benefits for the price of one when I workout there....some of us have been thinking there should be a men's version of Curves. Like women, not all men are comfortable working out in a regular gym surrounded by all the "beautiful" ie skinny and fit and trim, people. What do ya think? Should we start our own gym? lol

TamiOrr Fri, Oct-10-03 11:06

30 MInutes at Curves