Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Poll: Loss with cheating versus no cheating (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=127283)

LCalamari Fri, Aug-01-03 17:01

236/ 16 / 5 weeks

I cheated for 2 days in the 2nd week then got back on the wagon and have been cheat free since then

tasche Fri, Aug-01-03 17:11

210/19lbs/4.5 weeks/One accidental cheat

sherriesc Fri, Aug-01-03 17:17

192/175/6 weeks/one cheat...regretted it ever since, caused some major headaches and stomach issues...don't plan to do it again!

fishie48 Fri, Aug-01-03 19:28

260/48/21/once some breading on chicken

c_cat Fri, Aug-01-03 19:32

230/20/8weeks/
cheats: choc cake on birthday (at week 2.5)
3-4 days of cheating around week 6 (not all day cheats, like one meal)

(btw, profile says 238 because I started dieting at 238, started Atkins at 230)

GirlGeek Fri, Aug-01-03 22:53

Thanks everyone for all your answers. I'm going to try to compile the results to take a closer look, but at first glance it looks to me like those who never cheat lose the most, followed shortly by those who have small "cheats" occasionally (which means a bit of rice here or a couple of crackers there).

I have to admit, I cheated tonight and ate a hamburger with the bun still on. Dammit, why do I do that. Anyway, that was before I saw all these results! Damn, I'm going to try not to cheat anymore!

yellowman Fri, Aug-01-03 23:25

202/24 pounds/10 weeks.

Did not cheat for the first 4 weeks. After that, I cheated the next 4 weekends, eating everything in site for the first three weekends (and physically not feeling well afterwards), and just two meals last weekend.

Since I've been out of induction, I have a drink a day, usually a glass of cabernet or the occasional Michelob Ultra.

Back on track now, in Pre-Maintenance, up to 60gm of carbs so far. Today I ate a bunch of popcorn at the movies (Pirates of the Caribbean, great movie!), but did not exceed 60gm of carbs. I try to eat the more nutrient dense foods instead, but sometimes I have the "junkier" carbs on occasion=)

Kathy54 Fri, Aug-01-03 23:35

180/37/28 weeks/cheats, basically only wine or 0 carb alcohol drinks, but only after the first 4/5 weeks.
No cheats on food,however at about 18 wks I "added" to my woe, more fruit, one slice of bread (11 carbs),2-3 times a week, still lost.
I felt cheating on carbs was only cheating myself. I have had many weeks of no loss, that can not be blamed on what I ate, it just happens.

Cheers Kathy

Froggiebro Fri, Aug-01-03 23:52

212/18 lbs/almost 6 wks
cheat every weekend, mostly bites of rice and potatoes
sometimes small servings of rice/potatoes
bite of b-day cake
used normal BBQ sauce
eat normal ketchup everyday
Often eat battered meat, ie. cornmeal battered catfish, piece of fried chicken from popeyes

Froggiebro Fri, Aug-01-03 23:54

GirlGeek, I carry two pieces of low carb bread with me in my purse at all times, so if I can't bring myself to throw away the bun, i can use the bread as a bun. Try that