Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What to Drink With Vodka (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=119726)

sarah36 Thu, Jul-31-03 12:46

hi just came across ur post!! feel i may b a bit to late!! mee loving my booze, ive heard vodka slimeline tonic n slash lime juice with ice excellent low carb booze!! must say im a vino gal BUT have tried it n mmmmmmm lvly!!! :thup: if im not to late try it!!! im gettin serious n gotta put vino on ice :lol: sooo this will b my drink!! i know its bad etc BUT i have my one pleasure :lol: :wiggle: good luck lv sa x

lburnikell Fri, Aug-01-03 16:51

ICE!! lol mind you I dont get far doing that (except on my bum!!)

lburnikell Mon, Aug-04-03 06:26

My advise dont drink the stuff I am still trying to recover after sat night, l-c and drinking booze do not go!! Well not for me anyway, never ever again :bash: :Puke:

pepsi max Tue, Aug-05-03 04:12

one thing about drinking diet coke at a pub.if its draught diet coke, can you be sure its not ordinary coke.i,ve come a cropper with this before and now test my diet coke before drinking it.i often had unexplained high bgs after a night out so i bought some clinistix to test the coke. it was amazing how many times i was given ordinary coke.
theres nothing worse than having a hangover (from the sugar)the morning after when you haven,t even been drinking alcohol.and guess what, i buy my clinistix at boots!!they mustn,t be as dangerous as ketostix.

christine

lburnikell Tue, Aug-05-03 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi max
one thing about drinking diet coke at a pub.if its draught diet coke, can you be sure its not ordinary coke.i,ve come a cropper with this before and now test my diet coke before drinking it.i often had unexplained high bgs after a night out so i bought some clinistix to test the coke. it was amazing how many times i was given ordinary coke.
theres nothing worse than having a hangover (from the sugar)the morning after when you haven,t even been drinking alcohol.and guess what, i buy my clinistix at boots!!they mustn,t be as dangerous as ketostix.

christine

Ah I realised these sticks must only be weapons of mass destruction when peeded on!! lol

Ebbie.B Tue, Aug-05-03 11:37

Your right to check you have been given diet coke.
A Mc Donalds got in trouble a couple of years ago, they ran out of diet coke but instead of saying they were sold out someone just put 'normal' coke in the diet coke tap. Unfortunately one of their customers (thank heavens it was only one) was diabetic, result- several thousand pounds for the diabetic and an unemployed idiot.

pepsi max Tue, Aug-05-03 12:59

too right ebbie
if i,d sued every time it happened to me i,d be a millionaire by now LOL.
it is annoying though,as well as the high bgs,the next morning i could frighten the cat by the way i look!!.maybe one wouldn,t hurt too much but when your drinking 4 or 5 it is disasterous.i end up thirsty all night and have developed thrush and cystitis through it.not very nice!
maybe theres a lot to be said for drinking water.

christine

lburnikell Wed, Aug-06-03 08:35

Thats it I aint buying any more drinks unless I can see the can or bottle cause draft cola tastes funny anyway I can never tell the difference, god its shocking I might have been given loads if normal coke at the weekend, (after all the girl did give me a bacardi instead of vodka) (vodka and bacardi dont even sound the same) (yes but they are the same colour) so you know what that means I have been poisned by a stupid BINT in the pub!!! (Oh I can drink vodka again!!) (well not for a little while at least)