Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Anyone changing eating habits for the summer? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=119541)

freckles Wed, Jul-02-03 18:41

I'm going to keep the carb count going the same, but add in a VERY few strawberries and small bits of watermelon here and there. These are my favorite fruits and if I keep the amounts small I can squeeze them into my carbs for the day and enjoy the taste of summer!

tagcaver Wed, Jul-02-03 19:49

For me the summer is the best time for this WOE. I have so much more time now to prepare foods the right way (I'm a school teacher, so am off summer). When I work I often am too rushed and have to rely on the salad bar, where I'm not sure about the carb content of the cheese, dressing, etc. Or I rely too much on meal-replacement bars and shakes. But now, I actually cook (the kitchen is a foreign land to me most of the school year).

So yes, I am changing the way I eat for the summer, but towards a more reliable following of LC eating, not relaxing my choices.

Joan

LUNABABY Wed, Jul-02-03 20:36

help!

I agree..i have been doing pretty bad on Atkins for the past 2 months, and I need some inspiration to get started again..I already lost 40 lbs, and its been staying of, but I have been carb and sugar binging at least 2 times a week..i dont know whats going on...I feel like i dont have the willpower anymore, but I want to lose and I want to be healthy! someone help me please!!! :doah: everytime i try to start up again, something else comes along, like a birthday, or a dinner or a party...help!!

tagcaver Wed, Jul-02-03 21:06

Nicole,

We all have little 'regressions' like you've been having. I had mine back in April. Boy, did I eat poorly. But instead of kicking myself and making the situation worse, I picked myself up, dusted off, and refocused my energy to get back on track. You can too.

Also, try L-glutamine to stave off the cravings if you don't already take it.

Joan

aznlily68 Wed, Jul-02-03 21:39

Im lossening up a lot
like you....im going into maintenance and i probably will switch to the south beath diet or the SSIII principle. I really shouldnt be LCing because im quite young so i just want to eat right and keep things in balance

spiderdust Thu, Jul-03-03 04:21

Other than adding more salads during hot weather, I don't think we're going to make any changes. We've been using the grill a lot since I started this, and that will definitely continue through the summer months. Low carb fruits are plentiful this time of year too! :yay:

Karla Thu, Jul-03-03 10:17

I tried going on Maintenance for the summer, and somehow never managed to go back to WOL for almost two years, which is why I still haven't lost the rest of the damn weight I need to lose even though I've been eating LC for almost three years! :rolleyes: In other words, make sure you don't let it slide.. September...October...November, etc., because it is very easy to do. :daze:

I am back on track now, however, following OWL and exercising like a good doobie.

Karla