Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Health (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sorry for another TOM question, but I really need your help (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=113526)

Louisa Fri, Jun-13-03 11:31

As I approach being 3 weeks late, you ladies don't know how much your experiences help me. It's such an old cliche, but truly, knowing you aren't alone is worth the moon.

Thanks from the bottom of my (healthy :D ) heart!

red1cutie Fri, Jun-13-03 11:35

Well today I feel awful. I have cramps, My stomach feels huge and I want to scream. Its cold and rainy again and I want to be home in a fetal position with a hot water bottle and some serious pain killers.

I wish I was a man. :mad:

Peace
red

dabrahamso Fri, Jun-13-03 13:31

About TOM, what I want to know is, since this woe is supposed to be releasing water, why do we have such a problem during TOM with water weight gain. It dosen 't make sense and it certainly is discouraging to get on the scale and find yourself up 3 lbs and then 2 wks later down 3 lbs. We shouldn't be having water retention on DR A but TOM seems to play havoc on most of us with weight gain. Anybody got any ideas?

thininBC Fri, Jun-13-03 20:38

TOM

I can't honestly say how much LC WOL has affected my TOM. Shortly before I entered into LC WOL, my husband and I had undergone two cycles of infertility treatments. This last cycle is the first I have had in several months that wasn't wither delayed or stimulated by various horomones. I took Clomid, Pergonal, Estrogen, Pregnyl, and Progesterone. It it will be interesting to see how things level out on LC. I did notice that I had much less clotting and heavier flow, but the actual length of bleeding was less than usual.

gretchend Mon, Jun-16-03 09:56

I have had TOM show up exactly on the 30th day for the past 3 months. I really didn't care when it showed up, but it seemed to be pretty regular. NOW, when I need it to show up, it is late!!!! I was supposed to start yesterday and nothing, today, nothing. My sister is getting married on Saturday and I don't want to have a bloated belly in my pretty (form fitting) Sundress, but alas, someone is out to get me and that's what's going to happen. I feel like Bruce Almighty (if you have seen that movie).

Louisa Mon, Jun-16-03 15:56

Well, I'm three weeks late as of today. Guess at this point, I think I'll probably just be skipping TOM for the month and starting a new cycle........who knows. Don't really know what'll happen, but I've just decided that I need to chill. It'll come on when it wants. I guess I am just glad that the ol' fat cells are emptying enough that they emptying the cells of hormones that have deposited there!

Louisa Mon, Jun-16-03 15:59

Quote:
Originally posted by dabrahamso
About TOM, what I want to know is, since this woe is supposed to be releasing water, why do we have such a problem during TOM with water weight gain. It dosen 't make sense and it certainly is discouraging to get on the scale and find yourself up 3 lbs and then 2 wks later down 3 lbs. We shouldn't be having water retention on DR A but TOM seems to play havoc on most of us with weight gain. Anybody got any ideas?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Debbie.........I think that this WOE does facilitate releasing water, but it can only do so much. Our female hormones are very strong, and I don't think this WOE is going to change something so innate as TOM water gain. Doesn't bother me.....I mean, we are fluid and fluctuating anyway........it's only water, and it DOES come off, after all.

Also, I think some people are more inclined than others to carry water. I know I am very sensitive to water weight gain. I can put on a lot of water even through the course of one day......

mariejoe Sat, Aug-09-03 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrahamso

How about cutting back on salt, it helps retain water even more. Reading labels to look for hidden sodium, in like cheese?