Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   WooHoo 30 down 10 to go !! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=109248)

eagle34 Sat, May-31-03 08:11

Good job!! :thup:

mymindseye Sat, May-31-03 21:18

Congratulations Kathy!!
I am thrilled for you!!

And while I am here I would like to say "Thank You" for listing the amount of weight that you lost each week (even when the amount was zero).

I can honestly say that seeing that gave me the drive to stick with this WOE. (It is amazing to think that someone whom I have never had the pleasure of meeting in person, is influencing my life's decisions in such a positive way!!)

I started Atkins on Friday, May 16 at 174 pounds. My weight loss went as follows:

may 16 174
may 17 172
may 18 171
may 19 170
may 20 169
may 21 167
may 22 166
may 23 166
may 24 166
may 25 165.2
may 26 165.6
may 27 165.4
may 28 166
may 29 164.4
may 30 165
may 31 165

In the nine days from May 22 through today, May 31....I have only lost 1 lousy pound!!

I was about to give it all up and go back to my usual WOE when I read your thread that illustrated that even though there were weeks when you didn't lose a thing.....they were always followed by weeks when you did lose!!

I am refocused now --THANKS TO YOU--and realize that I have to stop yearning for that immediate gratification of seeing the scale move on a daily basis. I didn't put all of this extra weight on overnight and I guess I won't be able to take it off as quickly either!!

Thanks for making me see the light!!

April

PS I am following the Atkins Induction plan to the letter.....I have not deviated in the slightest....and yet I am not losing. (I am, however, just a day or 2 from that dreaded time of the month. Does that really have a bearing on weight loss?

Kathy54 Sat, May-31-03 23:24

Gee................... :blush: :blush: :blush: why Thank you, I'm pleased it helped you, I think I posted to you in another thread a few minutes ago, lol.

Yes, once you get it into your mind, that staying the same for a week or two, is still progress, the time just weezes by.

You might want to start a journal, its a great tool as well.

We are pretty close in numbers :p

Chees Kathy

paradise Sat, May-31-03 23:34

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yippee!!! That is 30 ponds gone forever. With the remaining ten pounds it could take some time, be strong and patient and it, too, will come off. Good luck on your LC journey!!!

Alina Sat, May-31-03 23:49

Warmest congratulations Dear Kathy!

I'm very happy for you and I know how much hard work is behind this. Be proud of yourself - no miracles, YOU did it!!!!

Hugs

Alina

thininBC Sat, May-31-03 23:54

Big Congrats !!!

WTG !!!!! That is some pretty great progress you are making . When do we get to see some pics ????

Karen Sun, Jun-01-03 10:37

Congratulations Kathy! Feels great, doesn't it? :D

Karen