Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Induction woes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=106497)

lkonzelman Tue, May-20-03 13:31

You are absolutely not a nit-wit. That is why this forum is here. ;)

klawrence Tue, May-20-03 13:42

Ceasar

This is a recipe I used to use all the time until I started eating lowfat, so now that I'm on Atkins, it's back in my repertoire! The only thing I changed was replacing lemon juice with vinegar, and removing the croutons.
This is a traditional ceasar salad--it's not creamy, like the bastardized versions you buy at the store. All amounts are to taste-- improvise to find out how you like it. This is probably enough salad for 4 people.
In a mini chopper, blender or food processor, combine
--1 can anchovies (minus a few to garnish the salad)
--1/4 to 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
--1 or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
--1/4 c red wine vinegar
--1t grated lemon zest
--2 tablespoons dijon mustard
--1 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
--a few dashes hot sauce
-- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
This mixture will keep in a jar in the fridge for a few days.
Wash dry, and tear by hand
--the inside (baby) leaves of several heads of romaine lettuce.
(Save the big, outside leaves for sandwiches or something, they should never go in a ceasar salad.) Toss the lettuce with enough dressing mixture to moisten it. Cook
--1 egg
in boiling water for 90 seconds
(It should still be liquid.) Crack the egg over the dressed lettuce, and toss with
--1 oz. freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese
--freshly ground black pepper
Garnish with reserved anchovies and enjoy!

mjchyzy Wed, May-21-03 15:10

Ceasar Salad Dressing & Stuff

Thank you for the recipe.

I've re-read most of the book. I am cutting out most of the salad. I think that is part of my pitfall. I'm eating too many veggies.

I gave up the gum. My mouth is still yucky.

My test strip was trace night before last, but negative again last night. I'm getting a bit frustrated. Not one ounce down in a week. I' don't need pounds, just ounces would make me feel like this was going to work (again).

Atkins talks about people who are obese and metobolically resistant. I think that may be me. I will do the full 14 days of induction and go from there.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

totlmaq858 Thu, May-22-03 12:25

Dont worry about the bad breath. When I am in ketosis I get the worst breath and my urine reeks as well. Hey, a small price to pay for dropping the weight.

You may want to try walking (or excercising) in the morning or in the evening for 15-20 minutes. Your body burns carbs first so if there are no carbs to burn, it turns to its next energy source...fat. So if you walk to burn off all the excess carbs then your body will turn to burning fat (ketosis). Sometimes the body just needs a jump start, thats all.

Also, dont worry about what the scale says. Worry about how your clothes are fitting. I have actually gained weight on Atkins from lifting weights (lots of protein = heavier muscle) but dropped inches.

Good Luck with your goal and keep posting ;)