Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   your REAL goal?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=103848)

Chasintrai Thu, May-08-03 11:00

There are no silly goals! ;>

I want to be able to do an endurance ride this fall and look good in riding tights while doing it! LOL Not to mention no kill my horse... (who is not gaited, he's spotted!)

Tamara

cori Thu, May-08-03 11:04

Belly Piercing

Seems to awfully popular.

And I must admit, I want one too. Although there might be a law against C-section victims getting their belly button pierced :eek:

LCBarbara Thu, May-08-03 11:33

The main reason for LCing is to improve my health through weight loss.

The things I'm looking forward to are:

1. Getting back into pre-steriod/weight gain horse show clothes.

2. Feel comfortable being naked in the bedroom

3. Getting a breast reduction. Want to weight until my weight is down before I have surgery.

It's all goooood! :roll:
--------------------------------------------
Hey Whyspers,

He divorced his ex because of who she is, not what she looked like!!!!

And I always say, "it's better to ask forgiveness, than to ask for permission!!!"

faeriegirl Thu, May-08-03 11:59

oooh! ooooh! i want to play too!!

I have several mini goals - but one of which is to feel comfortable enough in a bathing suit (doesn't have to be a skimpy bikini or anything) to go to the local pool. I LOVE the water. I swear i was a mermaid in a former life, but because i have been so embarassed about my body, i haven't swam in about 4 years... i sometimes have dreams about being in the water.... :)

vbrowne Thu, May-08-03 12:00

Since we're sharing - I too want to were low(er) rider shorts and pants and get the belly piercing too (Yvonne, you're not too old - I'll be 44 this summer). But I had a thought, if I can get the tummy to look okay in the pants, instead of going through an actual piercing, get a toe ring (you know the back doesn't close) and attach it to the belly button just to see if you like it (sort of like the temp tattoo premise). My DH isn't thrilled about the belly piercing idea - we'll see though closer to the summer.

vikki

whyspers Thu, May-08-03 14:41

<font color="red">Hey Whyspers,

He divorced his ex because of who she is, not what she looked like!!!! </font>

Well, not really...she's a super person. It was more about him and what he wanted in a relationship...but anyhoo...the point is that my mind says this anyway...no matter how logically I look at it....lol.

<font color="red">

And I always say, "it's better to ask forgiveness, than to ask for permission!!!"</font>

Uhmmm...not in this family...lol.

L

Bebet Thu, May-08-03 16:51

Goals

I guess mine are all pretty appearance related. I want to wear alot smaller clothes, I want to shop in the Misses dept, not the womens (pay less for clothes) I want to have a wider variety of clothes to wear. I want to tuck my shirts in. I want to be a smaller person. I loved it the other day when my daughter said "Mom, you are losing weight, I can hold my hands togther behind your back, I couldn' t do that before!" I want to feel better physically, not be so winded. Be more active with the kids. I guess my goal is that when I take a family trip next year (hopefully to Austrailia) my clothes and my body are a whole lot smaller than I am now and I have a great swimsuit for the beach.

abbey Thu, May-08-03 16:57

Bebete - I'm currently sitting here planning my trip to Texas, while you plan your trip over here..
:)

just goes to show, the grass is always greener

Roberta Thu, May-08-03 22:28

I want to walk into a normal size store, grap a pair of pants off the rack, and have them fall off of me in the dressing room!

Also the belly button piercing, and maybe a tatoo.

I have a pair of size 8 jeans hanging in my closet, just waiting for me.

LovableLC Fri, May-09-03 00:53

My goals are

1.) take stairs to class without feeling winded or being hot

2.) sit down and have NO rolls (big goal i'm ready to get rid of corsets)

3.) to be able to see a size 7 for the first time since 4th grade!

4.) feel comfortable naked with the opposite sex

5.) go on vacation since I put it off because I refuse to get in a bathing suit with my chunky untanned self

wimsey619 Fri, May-09-03 08:33

I started low carbing when my feet hurt when I stood up in the morning and my knee joints would cry out when I climbed the stairs. My initial goal was no more pain! I reached that.

My next goal was to blend in with the crowd. I was soooo tired of being the largest woman in every crowd that I was in. I've reached that.

My next goal is to get down to 160 so that I can have breast reconstructive surgery. I had breast cancer but didn't want to have the reconstruction because if you gain or lose 30 pounds, you may as well do it all over again. When I reach 160, I will be within 10 pounds of my goal weight and then I will feel it is safe to have the surgery. I can't wait because I would like to be "balanced" -- (although since my mind is unbalanced, I may never be able to say that I'm totally balanced (GGGG)

orzabelle Fri, May-09-03 08:39

I would like to go for a run (whether around the perimeter of the park, or to catch the bus) without my tummy jumping up and down at the same pace of my feet :eek: !

orzabelle Fri, May-09-03 08:48

Other than doing low-carb, I'm training for a half-marathon in September, which includes some strength-training, and some muscle-toning yoga, along with the running.

OK, Now I've thought about it, and this is my real fantasy!

I'd love to be on the beach on a sunny day, with my gorgeous husband (he's real, not a fantasy) and 'bump into' my high school boyfriend, who used to suggest I do some exercise to tone up (this was at 130 lbs!), before he decided I wasn't quite 'something' enough for him and broke my heart! I'm reclining on a towel with my Mr. Handsome, when the ex-walks by and is stunned by the sight of me in a little black bikini. BTW, the ex-boyfriend, in my fantasy, is chubby and bald. :p I would pretend to only vaguely remember him...

swampbabie Fri, May-09-03 08:49

I love this thread. Everyone has so many different goals that are not just a number.

I have several goals also....

1. To be able to shop in regular cothing store

2. To be able to take riding lessons without the horse taking one look at me and being scared that he will end up a sway-back for the rest of his life. ;)

3. To be able to sit in chairs with arms and not worry about my butt fitting.

DH would love for me to get the belly piercing but.... we will have to see if I would ever get the nerve to do that. :roll:

Happy LCing everyone!!!! :wave:

red1cutie Fri, May-09-03 09:09

My goals, besides losing weight, are to:
be able to wear a bathing suit again without feeling fat (I love the beach...I can't wait);
to fit into all my size 5 clothes again;
to lower my body fat;
to have flat abs ( I want to get a navel ring, I was never brave enough before) and a toned body;
to be in the best health I can be;
to be able to feel comfortable getting a body wax; and
not think I look fat in pictures.

lol..orzabelle, cool fantasy! He should be drooling too..

Peace
red