Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   induction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=103241)

Iowagirl Tue, May-06-03 14:21

Well, you have to start somewhere - how would you know how many carbs for owl or maintenance if you didn't have a starting point?

I believe it also serves to jump start the system, kind of detox us a bit, too.

Joetta Tue, May-06-03 15:07

diet cola sugar free

Can you tell me what you mean by diet cola or sugar free jello being bad for you? I have to drink some kind of cola so I chose to drink diet red mt dew. Is this bad? Does it halt your weight loss? I also get my 8 glasses of water in a day to and sometimes more is it bad to drink more then 8 glasses?
Today, Im feeling very week and very hungry, and very bloated im not sure what is wrong, its day 9 of my diet.
Thanks to everyone for all the advice, im so happy I found this sight.

Jo

Joetta Tue, May-06-03 15:52

fitday

darlene I started a fit day, but im a little new at this could you please tell me how to get it here so we can share our progress.
Thanks,

Jo

Darlene63 Tue, May-06-03 19:27

Jo, I'm new to this too and not at all computer literate! :rolleyes: But, I'll try. Log onto FitDay and click on 'Home'. On that page, they will give you an option to make your journal public. When you say yes, they will then give you a web address that, when you type it in, will allow others to click on it and see what you have eaten. So, write that address down! Then you can just type it in a message such as this and...viola!...there you have it!

I put mine in the signature section of this web site. And there is a way to make it say My FitDay instead of all the computer gobeldygook. Only I don't know how to show you here! You can definitely go to the editing screen here that allows you to choose a signature and type the address that FitDay gives you. That way, every message you send will end with your FitDay address. I'll see if I can find the thread (it's on here somewhere) that shows you what to do to make it say My FitDay or Jo's FitDay or whatever you choose. :daze:

Darlene63 Tue, May-06-03 19:38

Ok, Jo...found it. Try this...go to the General Low Carb section and look for a post titled My fitday journal by ketodiva. It was on the second page when I looked. There is a response to her post from Uncle Fester and that will explain how to make it just say whatever you want it to say...for example, mine reads My FitDay instead of all the http and www blah, blah, blah! Then you can just type that in the signature window if you want it to come up on every message you type.

Now, you know more than I do! ;)

Darlene

Joetta Tue, May-06-03 20:02

I hope this works

Im not sure if I did this right,,LOL,, :confused:

Darlene63 Wed, May-07-03 05:13

Not quite...try again! :(

Joetta Wed, May-07-03 07:36

Im not sure what im doing wrong,, :confused: ,,why is the line not under the link? IM sorry, im so :o !!

Athena123 Wed, May-07-03 08:34

Kath-
Once you go splenda you never go back... lol... it just tastes so much better than sweet n low and equal.
As for starting on OWL, I don't think that's a problem at all. Vegetarians who follow Atkins really can't do induction because it's primarily meat and eggs that are eaten. They instead start on OWL. I think the reason Atkins starts with induction is to show you that you are capable of losing weight and Atkins really does work.

Athena123 Wed, May-07-03 08:37

Re: diet cola sugar free

Quote:
Originally posted by Joetta
Can you tell me what you mean by diet cola or sugar free jello being bad for you? I have to drink some kind of cola so I chose to drink diet red mt dew. Is this bad? Does it halt your weight loss? I also get my 8 glasses of water in a day to and sometimes more is it bad to drink more then 8 glasses?
Today, Im feeling very week and very hungry, and very bloated im not sure what is wrong, its day 9 of my diet.
Thanks to everyone for all the advice, im so happy I found this sight.

Jo

Diet Rite is made with splenda. Tastes almost like real soda to me. Around here we have red raspberry or cola flavors. I haven't tried the cola yet, but the red raspberry is really yummy.

Darlene63 Wed, May-07-03 11:14

Sorry!

Jo, I don't know what's happening! :confused: It looks like you have everything right. I've compared it with mine and everything is the same except for the owner name. You are using your FitDay owner name, right? You might try browsing around the Comments Box and Technical Questions section. It's the next to the last one listed in the pull-down bar below.

I'm going to try it here with your name and see what happens.

http://www.fitday.com/webfit/public...ner=harleybabee

Darlene63 Wed, May-07-03 11:18

:exclm: Well, it worked! Not sure what you are doing...try it without any capitalization. The "..." that you see are taking the place of journals.html?ow . So type it just like that (without the ... of course! ;) ) and see what happens.

Hope this works!

Darlene

Joetta Wed, May-07-03 12:25

Well how you did that I don't know,,LOL,,im really confused now, anyway I will keep trying and see what happens, :daze: !
Anyway, how are you doing? I have not lost anymore pds, I feel bloated, im tired everyday around 1pm. Im not sure what is going on, do you have any ideas?

Jo

PS Thank you so much for trying to help me with this fitday.

Darlene63 Wed, May-07-03 12:54

About the same...

Right now, I feel about the same as you. I'm feeling a little headachy and almost nauseous. Not sure why...could be PMS. :daze: I'm not feeling bloated but have been a tad gassy. :eek: Could be all the eggs getting to me!

I have been drinking my water...that's not a problem for me. I'm trying to learn to space it out over the day and not drink so much in the AM!

I, too, get tired in the early afternoon. :rolleyes: But then by supper, I feel better. Can't seem to get a handle on that. I wake up much better in the AM than I used to and that's a blessing!

And I have lost maybe 1/2 a pound so far this week. I lost six last week. I've read on lots of posts that that's normal. I haven't changed anything this week.

We just need to stay the course! :) Apparently, things will get better!

Are you drinking all the water you're supposed to? Not getting enough causes some people to feel tired.

See ya...
Darlene

Joetta Wed, May-07-03 16:31

Hi Darlene,

Yes im drinking my water, more than 8 glasses a day. We are both tired the same times and feel better the same times,,so I guess this is part of the diet :confused: !! I do hope it gets better I would love to have my energy back again.

Lets hang in there, Im so happy to have found you and we have so much in common.

Jo,, :wave: