Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Countdown to 250? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=26777)

mwallace29 Mon, Aug-19-02 09:08

Great Job Vicki!

Congrats! You have a lot of will power to only weigh once a month!

VictoriaT Mon, Aug-19-02 09:11

Actually....

I was using those ketosticks twice a day and weighing myself EVERY day. Then Natrushka said something that makes sense to me....

To gain a pound you have to eat 3500 extra calories. That doesnt happen in one night. It is false. I was driving myself nutso and also it is very demotivating to NOT CHEAT (As I havent in 2 months) and still not see the scale move. So...I know Im doing well due to my clothes-I threw out my ketosticks and now I weigh once a month for my LC anniversary. ITs tough--but it helps me keep my sanity :lol:

If you look around the journals, so many people fall off the LC way of life because they dont see numbers moving on a scale. It could be an increase in muscle, the TOM, water retenttion from this heat etc. SO...I dont stress myself anymore and believe me IT was hard at first but now its great!!!

Congrats on your woosh-Im really glad for you!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

mwallace29 Mon, Aug-19-02 20:06

Journal

Do you keep a journal? I have been using fitday ~ I started a journal here but it was like having to keep all that info in two places. I quit here and am just keeping my fitday info.

Do you keep one and do you think it is worth it?

That was one thing I hated about weight watchers ~ you had to write everything down. I want to get to a point in my life where I can just eat and not write it down or enter it into the computer.

Any thoughts?

kodi10 Tue, Aug-20-02 00:31

Well, as they say, all good things must come to an end. As did my whoosh. Alas, fair whoosh, you did me well (but you can come back and visit again anytime and party) :Party:

I can break myself from weighing daily. I have been monitoring for three months now on a daily basis and don't know what to do with my charts if I change to weekly, but I have considered it.

As long as I am diligent on weighing daily, I think I will keep posting my food daily and exerciseing daily and weights daily. If I quit one, I am afraid I will quit another.

So for the time being, it is daily, but in the future I may go to weekly. But this week I was so fortunate to experience a high everyday from stepping on the scale. It doesn't usually happen that way so it was a relief.

I know you were not asking me, but I thought I would add that I use DietPower instead of fitday, but would be using fitday if I had found it first. Does almost everything Diet Power does and is free.

-Dyna

mwallace29 Tue, Aug-20-02 05:58

Journal

I was asking everyone really ~ just to see what everyone is doing and how it helps them.

The fairy visited me again this morning! I know it will come to and end ~ but I will take anything I can get! :D :D

Have a great day!

VictoriaT Tue, Aug-20-02 06:53

Both of you-congrats on the woosh :cheer: :clap:

MJ-I just started looking at fitday.com. It was a real eye opener. I havent cheated since I started LC 2 months ago and I have lost 30 lbs and a lot of inches. BUT...I still felt like at my weight I should be losing a bit more inches or something. So...I checked fitday and I was only eating about 1600 calories on average instead of 2800!!! I am trying now to get my calories up to that range as well as eat 6 meals a day. Im trying to incorporate some fruit into my meals too--I try and stay away from all the mock LC stuff because I think that triggers my sweet tooth. Who knows. Im still experimenting. I noticed the past few days that my clothes are getting much looser. Its hard to realzie that you have to EAT MORE to LOSE! Not what we were taught for some amount of years! :lol: My carbs were fine, but those calories were making my body think it was starving which was probably holding onto some fat...argh.

CONGRATS ON YOUR WOOSHIES LADIES!!! :hyper:

Vicki