Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   AM Cardio on an Empty Stomach (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=21258)

warlyis Wed, Jun-11-08 16:11

I don't even have the time to exercise in the morning. I do it at night, not too long after dinner. I feel at my best in the evening, and I figure getting exercise in at all is a good thing, no matter what time of day you do it.

Bck2LowCrb Fri, Apr-10-09 07:53

*Bumping* this thread back up, AM fasted cardio has helped me so much! Just do it everyone! :D

Trainerdan Wed, May-20-09 01:26

I have to say, in my opinion, this is one of my top strategies for losing fat. It never fails me ... of course, diet has to be on-point first. Without that, nothing works.

galatia Wed, May-20-09 06:10

Hey Dan! I'm glad to see you posting again, and happy about what you just said. I like doing morning cardio and like that you think so well of it. I appreciate your opinions. :)

Hairballz Wed, May-20-09 17:11

I read something a few months ago - cannot remember the source or I'd quote it - that said first thing in the morning your arteries/veins are so dilated that they're virtually identical to that of a SMOKER. YIKES!! So call me crazy but I'm thinking morning is NOT the best time to be exercising. The article went on to mention that the vein / artery constriction that occurs naturally overnight is at least partly to blame for the high incidence of early morning heart attacks. Interesting...

stevewood Wed, May-27-09 17:05

I'm no expert, but I recall reading something about caffeine affecting the body negatively with regards to exercise. Something to do with metabolism or something. Anyone know?

Bck2LowCrb Sat, Nov-14-09 19:11

Bumping this thread back up once again, I completed a 21 day challenge to myself to go back to morning cardio on an empty stomach again, and I feel wonderful! I take caffeine , glutamine and BCAAs before, and guzzle my whey shake afterwards--definition is baaaaaaaaaaaarely showing in my upper abs, like a 2 pack trying to break through :D

Wyvrn Mon, Nov-16-09 14:32

I don't work out in the morning, but I fast on my workout day and stay fasted until at least an hour after the workout. I don't do "cardio" however, but HIT.

fressca Tue, Nov-17-09 06:45

Checking in here for the first time in forever...

1. I've had a lot of success in the past with fasted a.m. cardio.

2. Just read a book called "Metabolism Miracle" that says on no account do fasted cardio.

3. Then re-read Protein Power, which recommends fasted cardio for maximum fat loss, and no eating for an hour after (something to do with HGH release).

*Sheesh*

Bck2LowCrb Sun, Jan-10-10 14:15

I've been following Trainer Dan's intial postings somewhat, I take aminos(arginine glutamine)/caffeine/chromium before I do the cardio and the whey shake asap afterwards, and it is helping--I am purely addicted again :)

AlienBug Tue, Jan-12-10 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fressca
Checking in here for the first time in forever...

3. Then re-read Protein Power, which recommends fasted cardio for maximum fat loss, and no eating for an hour after (something to do with HGH release).

The Eades no longer recommend "cardio" exercises at all. Their research indicates that:

1. Exercise doesn't do beans to help you lose weight

2. "Cardio" exercise is a complete waste of time. Weight training gives far better results in far less time.

Specifically, they recommend the Slow Burn method of weight training.