Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Low Carb Products to AVOID (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=200656)

ProfGumby Mon, Jun-16-08 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopgirl
i know these messages are ancient but if any one reads this is it ok to eat dreamfield pasta???

I'd say it depends on what level of Atkins you are following. For me there is no issue except I tend to eat it too often and too much of it. One serving is surprisingly filling, but it is easy to overdo it and slip back into old habits....

Search for dreamfields on this site, there is a ton of info....

Judynyc Mon, Jun-16-08 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopgirl
i know these messages are ancient but if any one reads this is it ok to eat dreamfield pasta???

I eat it once in a while, like once every couple of months....2 ozs dry is a portion, just in case you needed to know that. ;)

IMO, if you are looking for weight loss, eat Dreamfields as a once a month treat food...not an everyday food!! :idea:

Luzyanna Mon, Jun-16-08 17:21

It causes gastric upsets in some people - never has bothered me. I'm not convinced of the carb count though and usually opt for those horrid soy noodles "just to be sure". :lol:

skay Fri, Jun-20-08 20:23

BBQ sauce!!

There may be something on here about BBQ sauce, but if not, I wanted to share this!
KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Low Calorie Classic Blend
Serving Size 2 tbsp
Fat 0
Calories 10
Total Carb 2
Sugar 0
Protien 0
Sodium 410 mg
Cholesterol 0 mg
TransFats 0

We love to BBQ a LOT in the summer, and I gotta have some sauce! I only use a little bit but it's yummy!!

lyzjnqtpy Thu, Sep-18-08 23:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
I just dug out the bag from my Doritos... partially hydrogenated oil was so far down the list that it came after onion powder....I wonder if this tiny trace is really enough to get wound up about at all. I'm choosing not to, but I'm wondering about others.....

The thing about trans fats are that they won't leave your body nor does it know what to do with it; so even a small amount adds up.

LMMS Fri, Sep-19-08 14:30

The KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce is amazing. Also, could not live without Heinz one carb Catsup. It has splenda.

themainjan Sat, Oct-18-08 16:23

Cheetos Edge are definitely disgusting.

lyzjnqtpy Mon, Oct-20-08 21:42

The Walden Farms ketcchup does nottate very good and is watery.

Lie2MeJL Mon, Oct-20-08 22:05

Quote:
Cheetos Edge
i've never even heard of those.

LMMS Tue, Oct-21-08 06:02

only ketchup is Heinz One Carb. It tastes exactly the same as the regular. It's a must on my burger with no bun. It is really good but sometimes hard to find now that lc isn't as popular. I would call a few places. I got mine at Meier' Store.

Lisa

NrgQuest Wed, Jan-21-09 13:45

I bought a squeese bottle of Hersheys no sugar chocolate syrup. It is beyond awful. The good news is I won't be eating it with icecream, because if I have icecream I don't want to ruin it with this stuff. I don't know what to do with it, I can't see giving it away or throwing it away.

BetsyJ64 Tue, Feb-10-09 12:29

I use the Hersheys SF Chocolate Syrup in Egg Creams with frozen coffee cubes....masks the taste enough to give a nice chocolate undertone!

2007 Tue, Feb-10-09 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMS
The KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce is amazing. Also, could not live without Heinz one carb Catsup. It has splenda.

Wow! Where have I been? I didn't know Heinz had a 1 carb ketchup and made with Splenda too! Awesome! I'm gettin' me a bottle now. This would be great to make my own BBQ sauces with.

Just checked Amazon and they have it available. Thanks bunches! :thup:

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

liddie01 Tue, Feb-10-09 13:40

When I need Pasta, Dreamfields saves me, and DD and BF are diabetic and it has been great for them, too.

2007 Fri, Feb-13-09 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Wow! Where have I been? I didn't know Heinz had a 1 carb ketchup and made with Splenda too! Awesome! I'm gettin' me a bottle now. This would be great to make my own BBQ sauces with.

Just checked Amazon and they have it available. Thanks bunches! :thup:

Okay. So I didn't need to order from Amazon afterall, it was right there at my local market. :thup:

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4