Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=267669)

Kaizan Thu, Nov-17-05 19:37

I have a planned cheat for Thanksgiving, a few glasses of wine. But with Turkey and Ham available (I'm making the ham - no honey allowed, lol) and my broccoli salad (you can't go wrong with broccoli, mayo and bacon - lol) I think I'll do OK.

turner Fri, Nov-18-05 04:43

I have a planned cheat on Thanksgiving, but I am not going to allow myself to blow the entire day. One meal with sensible portions, plenty of turkey, fresh vegetables, and mom's dressing (ouch!)
Kaizan: How do you make brocolli salad? We used to do it with brocolli, bacon, sugar, green onions, mayo, and raisins.

lizzyLC Fri, Nov-18-05 08:26

Hey that Broc. salad sounds good.
Thanksgiving is a free day for me. I'll hold back on spuds and dressing but I'm making a beet salad and plan on some pumpkin pie, champagne. Therefore - I have to be a good girl until then.Maybe I'll pretend I'm on CAD and pig out within an hour ... lol.
Since this was a "lose 10 by turkey day" are we going to extend the challenge? Pics - please - no pics. I just want to be comfortable in last year's jeans - a little too snug right now. That is a very doable goal. Loose jeans by Christmas.

Kaizan Fri, Nov-18-05 12:41

Broccoli Salad:

Broccoli
Splenda
Mayonaise
Vinegar
bacon
cheddar cheese

Mix Mayo, vinegar and Splenda to taste as the "dressing" some folks like it sweeter, others like it vinegary, so you decide on the portions.

Mix broccoli, bacon crumbled into bits and shredded cheddar cheese.

Pour dressing over this and mix really well. For those of you who hate broccoli, this will start a life long obsession with it. LOL!

turner Sun, Nov-20-05 19:13

Hey: Kaizan:
I made you brocolli salad today just to see if my family would eat it. I left out the cheddar cheese and added green onions. It was so good! Thanks for the reminder.

Okay,
I have been good until today, but I am good now. Reminder: Alcohol is not on the LC menu for induction. Especially Bahama Mamas (or Stepmamas as my friend calls them) or Wedding Punch with a Kick. I must find some LC recipes to use before New Years Eve (my birthday eve) so I won't go totally wild!

I am happy to report that I bought a brand new scale today. It is one of those with the .2 increments. My friend got on it and said that it was 28 pounds off. Wow! I am at goal! (not really) I guess tomorrow is the day of reckoning.

By the way, I am going on the fat fast for the next three days.

Kaizan Mon, Nov-21-05 14:06

Glad they enjoyed it - sometimes I add red or orange or yellow peppers instead of the cheese just to give it some color...

turner Tue, Nov-22-05 16:13

Are we all so quiet because this is the week that we were supposed to meet our goal? I will be the first to say that I have not met my goal unless the Thin Fairy comes by to take away about 9 pounds.
I got my new scale and it is not as friendly as my old one. I have ended this challenge at .8 +. I don't know if my old scale was just wrong, wrong, wrong or if I have just been spinning my wheels. You cannot lose if you cheat one time a day or all day on Sunday.
So I have my skinny jeans that I need to fit into by New Years Eve. Really, I would like to fit in them a few days before so I can order some new skinny jeans from VS since my skinny jeans have blue paint on them. Anyway, between Atkins, Slim in Six six days a week and Body For Life three days a week at the gym, something will change.

Kaizan Tue, Nov-22-05 17:31

Turner, I'm starting a Carmen Electra strip Aerobics challenge... wanna join? Same for all of you ladies! The challlenge is called "Calling all Bored Housewives" I know it may not apply to you all - but honestly? Who can't do with a little more movement in their life? And who's SO wouldn't want a lap dance? :lol:

Samantha22 Tue, Nov-22-05 20:42

Same here turner..although it was possible before i blew it two weekends ago....i think i'll still be a few pounds up. I'm pretty damn close....and i'm staying on track...
I doubt i'll do 30 by newyears either (my other challange)..and honestly...i'm not sure if i even WANT to do that much.
Goodluck thursday morning with the weighin!..that goes to everyone here!

turner Wed, Nov-23-05 06:28

136.6 this morning, after 2 days of Fat Fast. I do not think that I can make it another day. I miss my veggies.

My mom wants me to bring a brocolli casserole for Thanksgiving dinner, so I found a LC brocolli casserole to take. It sounds almost like the one I usually make, but uses cream and mushrooms instead of cream of mushroom soup. It has pork rinds instead of cheezit crackers.

So now I am taking brocolli casserole and brocolli salad. With the turkey, I now have three LC things to eat. I am sorry, but I must eat my mom's dressing. It is a once a year thing and I will not miss it. But, I will not be bringing any of it home.

lizzyLC Wed, Nov-23-05 09:31

Okay - I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning but - LOL - what can I say - it's not looking good.
Samantha - 30 by New Year's is toooooo much.
Turner - my goal is to get back into some jeans too. Let's do it.
Kai - that tape sounds fun but I don't think I'm up to it.
I think I'd like to find a kickboxing class though. I think I have some anger issues and it would be good for it LOL.
I've been reading a lot of LC books recently. I think that I may do the Fat Flush Plan starting this weekend. It seems close to how I eat and it starts with a detox phase. Seems to work for a lot of people although I don't see many people on this board on that plan. I gotta go run some errands, clean the house, and make some stuff ahead for tomorrow. My DH and I are cooking. I'll check in with you guys tomorrow - ugh :-)

turner Wed, Nov-23-05 18:04

Lizzy: I lasted on the Fat Flush plan for 2 days and lost 3 pounds. I started craving vegetables -- of all things!

turner Thu, Nov-24-05 05:55

I will be the first to check in and say that I did not make my goal. I am at 136, which is only down 2 pounds. I contribute my lack of meeting my goal to "just one thing off" on several days or in taking total days off once a week and just going wild.

I want to be to 128 by December 18th. If I can just get my mind and body in on the action, I know that I can make it.

lizzyLC Thu, Nov-24-05 09:39

Oh man, I totally forgot to weigh myself this morning. I'm having people here and was up early cleaning and getting ready and I had breafast - I can't possibly get on the scale now - so sorry. I'll have to weigh in tomorrow. Since it's Thanksgiving I will be pigging out today. My favorite thing on my menu today is pickled beets - YaY - they've been pickling for a few days and I can't wait to have the buggers on my plate. I'll probably really weigh in heavy tomorrow.

Turner - I don't understand about your cravings on the Fat Flush - LC vegies are unlimited. But since you tried it for a couple of days and lost I now have more incentive. I know about those "going wild days". I'm having one today.

Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating.

Samantha22 Thu, Nov-24-05 10:07

Happy thanksgiving to all! Looks like i'm third to update....
DRUMROLL......211 on the scale this morning....
Which means i'm 8 pounds down....2 pounds away from my goal of 209..and ya know what?! I can live with that! Good luck and congratulations to everyong else. Hopefully i'll be at 209 by the end of next week.