Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Not 20 somethings' 30/4 Challenge April> (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=176083)

LMmama Sat, Jun-12-04 18:54

WAY TO GO ALL!!! KEEP IT MOVING!!!!
I am living vicariously thru all of you!!!!

Fat Sun, Jun-13-04 19:06

I did lots of lower body exercising today..mom's dog went outside so much I thought maybe she drank a gallon of water. DD came out an joined me one time. I am working on my upper waist and need some advice as to what to do for it.
Anna

Xplora Sun, Jun-13-04 21:23

I just did a little walking on Sunday. Cameron came with me, prtesting the whole time, so it was cut a little short. Bah!

Xplora Mon, Jun-14-04 18:17

I joined the gym!!!

I can hardly believe I finally joined the gym. I am hoping to make some serious progress now.

5 minutes elliptical trainer warm up.

3 sets of 12 reps each
Upper body
bicep curls, tricep machine, rows, overhead press, incline press, lat pull down

Lower body
seated leg press, leg extensions, prone leg curls, hip adduction, hip abduction, rotary calf

Abs
ab crunch, torso rotation

HOPEFULL Mon, Jun-14-04 20:06

:yay: :yay: :yay: Way to go Jill :yay: :yay: :yay:

I see that I am going to have to get busy and doing some moving. So I am giving myself a kick in the bottom. I'll let you know how it goes.

Xplora Tue, Jun-15-04 07:19

I managed 20 minutes of cardio this morning. I couldn't do it all on the elliptical as planned though. 13 on that and the other 7 on a bike. I was a little surprised at how out of shape I am after all the exercising I have been doing. On the other hand, I have been avoiding cardio like the plague. I am happy with myself though for doing the whole 20 minutes, even if it was broken up. And now I have a new goal which is to be able to complete 20 mintes on the elliptical by the end of 4 weeks.

I also cut the grass. Wheew it was hot out!

HOPEFULL Wed, Jun-16-04 17:05

Okay, hi there everyone. It took a day or so, but I finally got back on program. I did the 1 Mile Walk video followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill. Wish me luck for tomorrow!!!!

Xplora Thu, Jun-17-04 04:59

Oh, I forgot to post yesterday. I went to the gym and lifted for about an hour. I used 13 machines. Today is cardio day. Drats.

Xplora Thu, Jun-17-04 07:43

I did 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Killer.

LMmama Thu, Jun-17-04 09:13

Hi all... still limping. I am getting a TON of housework done, though. Oldest dd comes into town tomorrow and I thought this would be a good time to do some late spring cleaning.
Keep up the good work everyone!!

LMmama Fri, Jun-18-04 09:37

OH I MISS MY WALKING TAPES!! The toe is still hurting. Dh is making me go in next week if it is still bugging me then. I don't remember the other toe hurting this much when I had it done. But I didn't have an infection on that toe, either.
Anyway, I have been getting some upper body work-out done, though. I scrubbed all the floors on hands and knees along with the usual weeklies like dusting, laundry, all the bathrooms-- usually I don't do it all in one day, though! lol
Have a great L-Cing weekend all!!

Xplora Tue, Jun-22-04 08:09

Yesterday was lifting day, today was cardio day. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer as hard as I could tolerate. It was brutal. I feel great now that it's behind me. It's sort of like giving birth, you feel so great afterward that you hardly remember the agony you went through.

LMmama Mon, Jun-28-04 10:26

Well, I started up again. Still taking it slow. This silly toe sure isn't healing as well as my other one did. I did the 2 mile yesterday. Plan to do it again today. Have to do it barefoot.

HOPEFULL Thu, Jul-01-04 22:09

You know, I wonder if it is just harder getting the exercise in since it is summer time. I know that I have been slacking big time. I could really use some encouragment. Or maybe a kick in the pants. LOL

I did the 1 mile walk video after not doing much for June. Boy I sure got out of shape fast. It even tired me out. My goal is to be up to the 2 mile walk video by the end of the week.

I also mowed the front yard, weeded the garden and watered by watering can the whole garden (lots of walking).

LMmama- Way to go on the exercising. Doesn't it hurt your feet even more to do the walk barefoot? Take care of yourself.

HOPEFULL Fri, Jul-02-04 23:09

Let's see, I had a great day as exercising went. I did the 2 mile walk video in the morning. Then I walked 1 mile around and around the park while the kids played. I finished the day with the 1 mile walk video.

So where is everyone???? I miss you guys.