Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Calling all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender low carbers... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=129151)

Amazlilith Wed, Dec-17-03 14:24

I ditto what Joni said! and keep that beautiful face shining brightly! :D

Lessara Wed, Dec-17-03 14:50

Thank you, Girls - You two are so wonderful... your partners are so lucky to have you! :)

JYounginer Wed, Dec-17-03 15:15

Lessara, I'm going to print that post and show it to Charity next time she gets mad at me! HA HA! :)

Amazlilith Wed, Dec-17-03 20:32

:blush:

:p

PilotGal Thu, Dec-18-03 06:55

JY, that is a beautiful picture of you and your partner.

Lessara, i don't recall you saying anything dark. You're fine just the way you are.

And I'm glad you all are here regularly... It feels good to know that there is family we can share things with right here. I come to this thread a couple times a day.

Thank you for being here.. All of you. :agree:

PilotGal Thu, Dec-18-03 07:02

Prmichel, you still with us? haven't seen you around lately... hope you are.. wondering how you're doing.

PilotGal Thu, Dec-18-03 07:03

Angel hugs, you still with us? where are the people that started this thread?

Lessara Thu, Dec-18-03 08:53

I am so upset. I finally got a working scale and I weigh 305. I was at the doctor's yesterday (flu shot) and it said I weighed 308 and I thought it was wrong so got another scale yesterday for my home. I'm bummed.
So much for not weighing yourself... Well I'm weighing again so far I've been cheat free for three days. I guess I should change my cheat thing... :lol:
Hope you all have a good day today. Its sunny in NH after that downpouring of rain yesterday.

:wave:

JYounginer Thu, Dec-18-03 11:21

Lessara, don't be upset... you are on the right track now and that weight will come back off before you know it. At least you are being honest with yourself and getting back on plan.

Pilot, thanks, I love that pic too! :) Hopefully I can find more to post soon!

Well, it's time for me to go to lunch. Hope that all of you have a great day!

pjo1966 Thu, Dec-18-03 12:21

Lessara... Every scale is different. It shouldn't be that way, but it seems to be a fact. Get one scale and ONLY weigh yourself on that. It may not give you the exact weight that you are at, but it will give you an idea of what your weight is in relation to the last time you weighed in. It's the only sane way. I bought a new scale and for a few days before I returned the new one (it gave consistently higher weights. it had to go back!) I had both scales side by side. I never got a consistant reading between the two.

DWRolfe Thu, Dec-18-03 14:05

I'm still here too, PilotGal!

xoDonald

happygrrl Thu, Dec-18-03 23:20

OK...Everyone...I am so give out...I am going on vacation for 2 weeks...So I spent the day running around...I had to go to doctor and I have been cleaning house and packing my car all day...UGH...Is how I feel...I will not have regular access to a computer while I am at my family''s home but I will try to stay in touch with everyone and let you all know whats going on...GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS. Wish me luck.

PilotGal Fri, Dec-19-03 07:36

Morning everyone!!! Brrrr it's cold here in south florida!!!

Lessara, pertaining to the scale issue? I went to the Doc's and while there, i was weighed and told i was down 20 lbs... But everytime i go to the grocery store, I weigh myself on the scale there, and it says, i'm only down 10 lbs... So should i scream and cry over the scale at the grocery store or jump with jubilee with the scale at the Doc's office? It isn't worth it. I know i've gone down nearly 2 pant sizes.. I think the scale at the grocery store is off by 20 lbs!!!!!! I'm not going to fret.

DW, i was talking about you to my partner lastnight... I was telling her about you, and joni, and all of you that have wonderful supportive partners.. I too, have a wonderful, wonderful partner that is supportive, skinny, and eats low carbs with me.. I've been blessed as well...

I'm gearing up for my xmas dinner.. I have both kids and I need to make a lovely dinner... It'll be mostly lo carb, except for roasted sweet potatoes which they love, and i'll probly have a nice key lime pie in the house for them... One of which, will take all my energy to avoid... The kids need to be spoiled.

We shall see... Any suggestions besides root beer floats and jello?

Lessara Fri, Dec-19-03 08:14

How about Frozen Raspberries, splenda, and cream in a blender? It makes a kinda of soft ice cream/sorbet. :)
Thanks about the scale thing. I'm trying not to think too much on it. I weighed again today and it says 303. But you are all right, as long as I stick to the program and clear my head now. Just keep looking forward.
Thanks

JYounginer Fri, Dec-19-03 10:25

Well ladies and gents, the weekend is finally here. I'm looking forward to getting all of my last minute Christmas shopping done! :) I hope that you all have a great weekend and happy I wish you a wonderful vacation. I wish I was going on vacation for 2 weeks!!! :)

Pilot, it's funny... I was filling Charity's head last night with stories about all of you guys on here! H AHA!

See ya next week everyone!