Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   No Cheat Till Labor Day Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=54128)

Cher Thu, Aug-15-02 23:57

Chris....I'm so glad you're back...I missed you :) But, it sounds like you did an awesome job of staying in control while you were visiting friends.... It's really tough when your not preparimg the foods. Anyway, I'm so glad that your back and still cheat free!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer::cheer: :cheer:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tanya....you will see great results by labor day. I have "faith" that we will all be rewarded for this commitment!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Marlaine....wow...you're doing good ... it's hard to remove cream cheese or the LC cheesecake. Congratulations for doing so well....and that extra 1.5 pounds that you released. Way To Go!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer::cheer: :cheer:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sally...You are doing so well. I feel like copying your post....
I didn't cheat!
I Didn't cheat!

OK...I won't copy it...but : yay: all of us....WE DIDN'T CHEAT!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Donna...isn't Richard's whoosh fairy great...Sienna makes them so personalized.... I just love them. It's wierd....yesterday was a "low confident" day for me. Wouldn't it be great if we never had those days again.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Heather....congratulations on your "better food day" that was awesome to hear. Don't worry that whoosh is going to come....soon. I've been sending my personal whoosh fairy to work with yours....I hear the results will be stunning!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Richard....there you are....great doctor's visit...your medical stats sound really good. Hope your leg gets better soon. I'm glad your doctor is monitoring you so well. I should have taken blood work etc...in the beginning.

Pepperoni Fri, Aug-16-02 07:00

Still no cheat but ...

Okay.... I wanna lose! Does my scale think this is a joke?
I've only lost 1/2 lb since induction. What gives? :q:

Could I be eating too much??? :q:

Okay, today, more water, more chicken, more veggies, less cheese.

I'll check in later!

:rheart: Heather

TheBetty Fri, Aug-16-02 09:13

Just checking in.........

Okay, I gave in to the temptation to weigh myself this morning. But I'm not telling myself what it said, or you either. :lol: Not til Labor Day.

Here's to a healthful and CHEAT FREE weekend to all of us. Let's all wish those pounds of fat into the corn field, like Tesia did with her donuts the other day.

In case anyone cares, I probably won't be updating for the next few days or so, and I don't want ya'll to think I've fallen off the low carb wagon. Just bought a new convertible and plan to joyride all weekend. :wave:

It Is STILL ON!

starchile Fri, Aug-16-02 11:08

hangin' tough!

Hi all!!!

I'm soooo proud of everyone here!!! WE are doing so well and supporting each other!!! ISN"T THIS FUN!!!????

Awww...I feel all mushy inside!! I'm serious!!! We don't even know each other, yet we care enough to "LOCK ARMS" and push through to reach a common goal!!!

ALRIGHT EVERYBODY!!!!! GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!

:bhug: :bhug: :bhug: :bhug:
:bhug: :bhug: :bhug: :bhug:

(sniff...sniff...(through the tears of joy)...Oh yeah, I ate a whole tube of cookie dough yesterday!) JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!! :lol:

STill no cheats/no slips!!!!

Peace,

Star

Marlaine Fri, Aug-16-02 12:20

Still doing it!!

I'm please to say that I'm down TWO pounds this week, including the half pound that fell off overnight again!

I may never eat cheesecake or cream cheese again!! LOL....

:hyper:

Feeling great and happy to be in such good company here!

Marlaine

VictoriaT Fri, Aug-16-02 12:22

Marlaine!
CONGRATS
:cheer: :cheer: :Party: :clap: :thup: :thup: :cool: :cool: :D :D :cheer: :cheer: :clap: :p :Party::cheer: :cheer: :Party: :clap: :thup: :thup: :cool: :cool: :D :D :cheer: :cheer: :clap: :p :Party::cheer: :cheer: :Party: :clap: :thup: :thup: :cool: :cool: :D :D :cheer: :cheer: :clap: :p :Party::cheer: :cheer: :Party: :clap: :thup: :thup: :cool: :cool: :D :D :cheer: :cheer: :clap: :p :Party::cheer: :cheer: :Party: :clap: :thup: :thup: :cool: :cool: :D :D :cheer: :cheer: :clap: :p :Party:

You are always cheering everyone else on, so your woohsh deserves a big cheering section!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki

dayspring Fri, Aug-16-02 12:31

i've finally decided to come over and make it official that i, too, have joined you lovely folks in the "no cheat until labor day" challenge. i started last monday. i won't be weighing myself until the 12th of september, though. getting on the scales every day or even once a week can become discouraging if i haven't lost anything.

keep doing well all.

tina :rheart:

qcchevyman Fri, Aug-16-02 13:21

Way to go Marlaine.

2 Whoooooosie Pounds Gone Forever. Gosh your doing so well. I can't wait until Sept 3 when everyone Posts thier Weight Loss in here.

Even if some of us might lose just 1 pound this month it still will be a Success for all of us.

Again Marlaine. GREAT JOB Sweetie!!!!!!!!

Cher Fri, Aug-16-02 16:14

Hi everyone….TGIF and ….It’s Day 13….and I feel great! Richard….You know…if I didn’t lose a pound…I would still be proud of myself. But, that’s only because I know that the inches continue to go down even when the scale seems stubborn (now, remind me of that if I don’t lose a pound by labor day…and, I’m bummed :lol: :lol: )!

By the way.....When is Labor day ????????? :lol:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tina…congratulations on joining the NO CHEAT thread and welcome! This is an incredible group of committed people and we love the fact that you’re here….the more people…the more strength we all gain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Heather…OMG….I just realized that you’ve lost 22.5 pounds since 7/29/02. You’re doing an awesome job…your body is probably just trying to play catch up. I hope that you took your measurements in the beginning….cause in addition to the 22.5 pounds…you’ve probably lost a lot of inches. Don’t worry…you’re doing great….and by Labor day…you will feel so good about your commitment. Now, all that aside….I’m sending you my private whoosh fairy…so that 2 whoosh fairy’s are working on that scale!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Betty….wow…it sounds like you’re doing great too. I agree….let's all wish those pounds of fat into the corn field …. And let’s all have the strength of Tesia.. not to eat those donuts :lol: We’ll miss you while your out playing in your convertible (sounds like fun)…but, will know that your thinking the same….NO cheat till labor day!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tesia….I’m so proud of you! OK…that group hug thing was just too cute. I actually felt the warmth from the hug…in fact, I felt strength….COOL! Funny about the cookie dough…keep up the good work and the sense of humor. This is such a great group!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Marlaine….167.5 pounds… and a 62.5 pound total weight losss….WOW! that is sooooooo great! Ok…now you’re making me think about giving up cheese again for a little while. Ditto all the cute congrats that Victoria made for you…they are well deserved. Way to go with the 2 pounds…..
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Richard…your pictures are so cute….the new t-shirt is great! OK…I know you’re doing really well….but, I won’t say anything. Can’t wait to see your success on Labor Day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Vicki….I love your body fat….a lot/toomuch/20 can I copy that. Actually I have no ideal what my body fat should be (or, what it is). Humm, maybe that’s something I should do soon.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sally…hope everything is going well today. Why would I worry…you’re doing so great! So, …just so you know…..

I didn’t cheat ! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Have a great day everyone!

KMagee Fri, Aug-16-02 17:32

Just saying Hi!

Hi Cher-
Just noticed that you're from Newport Beach and wanted to say hi because I'm right up the road in Costa Mesa. I think you're the closest person that I've found on this forum. I know there must be some other way to send you a message on this forum without everyone else being bothered by it because it doesn't really apply to this thread but I haven't done much on here so far....will try to brush up on my messaging skills....anyway....I've enjoyed reading this thread. Good going for you and everyone else! I just joined in the no-scales group and I'm going for no weighing for a month - until Sept. 16. Wish me luck! Karen

starchile Fri, Aug-16-02 17:50

Smiles to all!

Just stopping in to say that it's been a great no cheat day!!!!

Also, that I'm going to hide the scale and stop driving myself crazy!!!

I won't weigh in until Labor day....although that makes me nervoud b/c what if it turns out I'm in one of those Mind Boggling stalls and after all my hard work to stay clean the scale doesn't show it???? I take my measurements once a month but that's always such a slow change anyway.

OK though!!! I'll REALLY try anyway to not weigh myself.

YahahhahahahahOOOOOOOO!!!

Feels good to be in control!!!

Peace,
Star

Cher Fri, Aug-16-02 17:51

Karen...wow...I know you'll do great. Congratulations on that 24 pounds...you must be feeling incredible rihgt now. I would love to be 154!!!! We have so much support with this bb...I don't think I would have made it this far without the help of so many people on this site!

I can't believe how close you are...I'm about 3 - 5 minutes from Fashion Island! Probably really close to where you are...hey, maybe we can celebrate a "5 pound loss" or something like that by having lunch at Fashion Island...gee...only I would think of food as a celebration :lol: Oh well!

By the way...You can send personal messages from the "PM" system (you can find under "profile"). :cool:

Princesspp Sat, Aug-17-02 09:26

Hi Everyone!!!!!

Didn't post yesterday .. but I DIDN'T CHEAT EITHER!!!!! :yay::hyper:.....

Cher and Karen.. you can't access PM's till you have at least 25 posts .. so Karen .. keep posting .. and congrats on you're super job so far ... I didn't pay much attention, but if you haven't already, you may want to start a journal.. this is where you keep you're feelings, food lists, questions ... etc .. and people surf through and give you encouragement, and even more support .. if you've already started a journal .. good for you!!!!

Talk later all .. I hope everyone has a NOCHEAT weekend!!!! :D
We all know that weekend's are the hardest (at least for me!!!!)

Talk later...
Love ya all!!:rheart:

qcchevyman Sat, Aug-17-02 13:17

This here is what I had for Friday.

Breakfast

5 Eggs fried in Butter
4 oz of Cream Cheese Melted on them
1 Small Tomato.
2 Tablespoons of Dressing
50 oz Water.

Dinner.

2 lbs. Baked Chicken Wings. Apprx. 8 oz without the bone.
3 pads of Butter 1 oz of Hot sauce melted together.
3 tablespoons of Mayo Mixed with Dark Mustard for Dipping.
2 Stalks of Celery.

Seasoned Wings with Garlic and Oinon Powder.

Finished off the day with a Gallon of water.

Today Saturday

Sausage and Eggs.
1/2 oz of Cheese.
1 Diet Coke.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Cher. Love Your Picture.xoxoxoxoxoxo

GLHB~Rinoa Sat, Aug-17-02 16:43

Hi all and glad to see your all doing great!! So far so good!!