Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Cathy's journey to fitness. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=313735)

301 Mon, Jan-14-08 14:29

I am lost for words but did leave you a message in your journal - if your in here you took the advise and got off your butt - if your not in here at least we gave it another shot right.......

cathy44 Mon, Jan-14-08 16:28

You are so funny ya know!! :)

My plan for the week is this:

M- 30-45 mins cardio- running
arm and abs
T-am- pilates workout on core,
pm- 30-45 mins cardio- HIIT stair stepping/elliptical
W-30-45 mins cardio- running
arms and abs
TH- am- pilates workout on core
pm- 30-45 mins cardio- HIIT stair stepping & elliptical
F- 1 hour cardio- running/jogging
S- cardio/abs
Sun- day off.

cathy44 Tue, Jan-15-08 11:28

Lets see how well I abide by my weekly goals:

Monday, Jan 14th--
42 min run- 3.2 miles
arms,

Tuesday, Jan 15th--
am- 20 mins of pilates.. OMG.. it looks so much easier then it is!
noon workout: 30 mins HIIT stairstepper

cathy44 Thu, Jan-17-08 10:58

So far so good with my goals for this week, but didn't do pilates this morning.

Wednesday--
3.2- 45 mins.. struggled tonight-- but really pushed it and had to walk a few times..... a little problem with shin splints.
15 mins: killer abs
10 mins: arm weights

I am having to switch day off to today with Sunday.. and planning to push, push, push fri, sat, sunday. :):)

301 Thu, Jan-17-08 11:32

I would bet after looking at similar problem with my ankle/Shin was running posture -

Are you looking down or out when on the treadmill - pick up your head and try to focus out with glances down at magic numbers on the blasted machine.

Its amazing but you've got the right shoes and been running for some time - might be worth looking at running posture.

Now are you holding onto the treadmil - thats another one - let go - slow it down if needed but you want your arms moving to - better workout and better posture,

Just my thiughts for the day :)

cathy44 Tue, Jan-22-08 11:30

Tuesday am--
workout dvd at home... it was okay.. but not nearly challenging enough.. miss my running....... looks like hopefully tomorrow morning will be able to go to the gym. :)

cathy44 Wed, Jan-23-08 11:10

Wednesday-- Jan 23rd--
2 mile run.. omg.. nothing like a good jog to get your head cleared again.. (don't say a word mr running man) :lol: I already know I need to do it.....

Hoping tomorrow morning can get a 3 mile run in, and then weights and abs at home. Depends on whether I have older DD there to stay with little one while I go to gym.. otherwise.. I will do one of my exercise videos again. I gotta work with what I have and thats the best I can do.

301 Wed, Jan-23-08 16:50

Thats what I am talking about and its funny how support and kick in the pants all run together - keep making yourself happy - thats a great thing :) :cool:

cathy44 Thu, Jan-24-08 11:05

Thursday, Jan 24th-
3 mile run this morning... still have a time to beat.. workin on it
weights and abs at home tonight.

:):)

cathy44 Mon, Jan-28-08 12:20

Saturday--
gym busy-- no treadmill available the whole time at gym.. so:
30 min HIIT stairstepper.. went up a level.. good, tough workout!
15 mins abs
arm weights

Sunday--
45 min cardio dvd at home with my 6 y/o.
then did hours of house work and re-arranging furniture. I feel I got rid of some clutter.. both in my house and my mind!! :)

:)

cathy44 Tue, Jan-29-08 11:34

Monday-- Jan 28th--
gym busy again.. :rolleyes:
10 mins elliptical, then ran 2 miles on tread.. struggled with shin splints, breathing, posture.. realize I am in need of some new running shoes- too- desparately... all in all tho-- a good, sweaty workout!! :)
abs, arms

cathy44 Thu, Jan-31-08 12:21

Wednesday, Jan 30--
3.2 mile run/walk... felt sooo good. realize its so much easier for me to run first thing in the morning then at night.. so I really gotta find a treadmill..... this run took me 4-ever but I got a kickass workout. Planning 4 miles tonight....

cathy44 Fri, Feb-01-08 12:15

Thursday, Jan 31st--
3.2 mile run-- another good sweat-- boy does running ever release a whole lot of stuff for me!!

Having problems with my right lower back, strained a muscle and has hurt since beginning of week.. not sure what I did- but hopefully it will not get any worse.

301 Mon, Feb-04-08 13:28

Told you not to swing from chandaleir :lol:

cathy44 Tue, Feb-05-08 11:35

funny!! :) But hey, the chandalier is good exercise too.... :lol: ;)
Back is better...btw! :)

Saturday Feb 2nd--
2 mile run and 5 miles on the bike-- great workout before heading out of town!

Sunday, Feb 3rd--
2 mile walk outside.. horrible walking conditions in Idaho.. so slow.. but still got a decent walk in.

Monday, Feb 4th--
gym after being in car for 4 hours felt awesome!!
30 mins HIIT stairstepper... this workout is a fabulous one for me to mix with the running!!
10 mins cooldown walk

Oh.. and am starting something new.. gonna stop the weights for a little while since I am concentating on weight loss.... going to start resistance training with bands.. we got new ones at the gym and I am anxious to start a routine on that which I can do in the morning... my friend who owns the gym is going to teach me a routine. :)