Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Fit for 40 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153937)

xvxwickdxv Mon, Mar-22-04 01:04

Wow Sara, 11 min miles, what a great accomplishment! You make me want to put on some running shoes and go run, lol. I am glad things worked out the way you had planned and that TOM did not interfere with it.

I have just been plodding along on my same schedule. Seriously thinking about stopping smoking since my workouts are increasing. Ricky is inspiring me, lol.

I did get on the scale this morning, and it said 145, and that would mean some weight is finally moving off, and it would be about time! I gotta be the slowest loser out here, lol

Have a terrific week ladies and let's stay motivated!

MamaSara6 Mon, Mar-22-04 06:23

:nono: Wicky, I claim the title as the slowest loser. :lol: I've been struggling for over 3 months to lose the 3 lbs. I gained at Christmas---and keep them off! I think I'm really back down there now, so I put my scale away. I'll only drag it out on those "goal" days. I hope!

I felt so great all day Saturday--except that I was exhausted by the end of the day. And I wasn't sore yesterday! :yay: I went for another 2 miles this a.m. "I am an athlete!" as one of the ladies on the FIRM forum says! Now I have to get motivated to get back into the FIRM--I had great arms last fall!

Hang in there guys! We can do this! I just signed the kids up for swimteam yesterday---that means it is time to GET SERIOUS! :)

xvxwickdxv Tue, Mar-23-04 11:20

I love my Firm tapes. I could kick myself in the rear for stopping them last year because I was "there" and working my way back into them again. I have Classic #1 down which is aerobics with weights and yesterday I tacked on Firm Parts at the end of that workout and ran though it lightly to see how I would feel today. Not sore and I can move so yippee it's a keeper. I have been alternating my workouts 3 days Firm and 3 days treadmill. Today is treadmill day. Finally got it up to 60 minutes and it equals out to about 2.84 miles because I use the grades too, max is 8 percent right now.

I guess I am not so concerned with my weight, because I know it will follow if I keep it all up. It would be nice to see it come along for the ride one day, LOL.

I did remeasure two days ago and so for 8" all around and that was a great morale booster.

xvxwickdxv Tue, Mar-23-04 23:59

Well I am not sure what happened to me today but I just had zero energy. I did do the treadmill, but I swear if I could have put my weight on the bar and let my feet just drag behind me I would have. I got through it but wasn't happy with the effort.

Do you ever have days like this?

ricky47 Wed, Mar-24-04 04:44

Hey gals - It's wednesday,and I know why I call it hump day, it's the day wicky talked about - the day you don't want to do your exercise. It happens to me every wed. and I know I have to just drag though it because I took the weekend off and can't drop out 5 days a week or surely these pounds will find their way back to me.
I'm still subdued by the sugar cravings since no cigs, and it appears I'm stuck with these 3.5 pounds till I can drop it. Have to go see about some supplements to curb it...took L-gluts and gtf chromium before to nip the carbs, wonder if they'll help with this??? any suggestions.

MamaSara6 Wed, Mar-24-04 06:16

I've never tried any of the anti-sugar supplements, so I can't help you there. Keeping clear of all things that cause cravings helps. Eat a lot of fat! Lately I've been craving cream!

I just did another 2 miles today--hump day didn't get me this week! But now I'm bumming---I'm so tired of life being so busy! :cry: Dh and I bought tickets for the Atlanta Symphony a few weeks ago--a special show we're dying to see/hear, and a well deserved expensive night out. Today I found out that it is the same weekend as my 8 yo ds's scout excursion that he's been looking forward to for 6 months! :cry: :cry:

And I've been having a major carb fest ever since I hit that low weight again. Talk about major self-destruction. They're pretty much legal carbs, just waaaaay too many of them. Did someone say LENT? What's that? :rolleyes:

On the plus side, I feel great from my run and don't have the negative talk from the scale, which is hiding under the bed. :lol:

mzladyt Thu, Mar-25-04 13:11

newbie who needs some friends and support

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=5]I am new here but old to the walking and dieting. I am almost 47 :agree: and not looking to getting any older without losing some of this weight. I am not really over weight but I do have about 15 lbs that I want to lose. Anyone in this same perdicament?

Tennie

xvxwickdxv Thu, Mar-25-04 14:08

Hi Mz, welcome to our little group. I have about 26 lbs left to lose but I think someone superglued it to my body when I wasn't looking, lol. Although I am low carbing, my real focus is on exercising and getting into some kind of shape. I am bored with round! :lol:

Sara - You are incredibly busy and reading your posts at all you do makes me tired! But I gotta give kudos to you for doing a fabulous job. About the carb fest, I got to experience that for the very first time last night, I just could not get full, but I kept my little food splurge to everything LC.

Ricky- I am not taking those supplements, will you let me know if they work? I hate spending money on something that may or may not work. Right now all I take is a Calcium and Multivitamin.

Have a great day all!

MamaSara6 Thu, Mar-25-04 14:55

Welcome to the group, Tennie! Hopefully you can find what you're looking for here--this is a nice group!

Total self-sabotage here, still. Last night I ate my famous enchilada casserole w/ corn tortillas and refried beans. I know the beans are okay in small doses, but the tortillas? :nono: Today I'm trying to be better--haven't had water in days it seems. I've got to get back on track drinking my water and eating strictly.

Why do we do this to ourselves? What makes us stop being "good" when we just start to see some progress? Any ideas? I'm mystified!

ricky47 Fri, Mar-26-04 07:36

Hey tennie - welcome aboard - I'm in the same boat - just been rubber rafting it for years. Got 10 good pounds to go yet, and my 48th b'day is in aug, along with my daughter who will be 8 --- She's one of my reasons for getting fit. It's hard enough on her when people ask her if I'm her grandmother - at least I can keep up with them on skates...lol unlike a lot of their 20-something mothers. I enjoy exercise. It's the only thing that I do alone, (cause noone else is up at 6am) I do it for myself,and it is a very selfish 50 minutes...that Ideserve and desperatly need for any type of sanity I can claim. I took Wed off after all,so I'll have to put in another day over the weekend.That should be easy since it will be nearly 60 this weekend....hello spring. Man it has been a long winter.I'm not use to all these grey skies. Now I really understand why the snowbirds did what they did when they came to florida in feburary. They're light deprived....so I'm planning a good bike ride with my daughter - take her training wheels off and see how far we can get.

xvxwickdxv Fri, Mar-26-04 13:55

Sara, I have no idea why we self-sabotage, but it's true we do. I have managed to get a pound off and keep it off in two weeks, lol. And all I can think is this LC isn't working and I should just eat. The other side of my brain is saying nooooo your body is trying to trick you into eating bad.

So in the meantime, I will just keep LCing and exercising and get my 145 ready for 2 weeks from now. LOL.
Earlier this week, I got on the scale and it actually said 144.5. And I went WOW it's working. So I got off and got back on and it went back to 146.5. I spent about 10 minutes getting on/off and it never did find that 144.5 again. LOL. Did I mention I hate my scale? It was pretty funny!

MamaSara6 Sat, Mar-27-04 05:51

When I first got my scale (having smashed the old one in the driveway!) it was extremely accurate. I could get on it 5 times and get the same number. I sometimes wonder if it is programmed to remember the same number for a certain length of time, so even my 35 lbs. ds would weight 176! j/k! LOL! But now it doesn't stay as accurate, even though it's only a few months old.

I'm much happier not using it every day--although knowing that weigh-day is coming up next weekend makes me worry that I'll have gained and just didn't know it!

I'm up early on Saturday to go for a run w/ my neighbor. We haven't seen each other since Sept. (?) when I hurt my knee and had to stop! have a great day!

suziQ Sat, Mar-27-04 08:55

Hi all! Well, finally another pound off. At this rate, right around the time I'm ready to go on social security I'll have met goal...lol Sara, I don't know of a scale that is actually accurate. I swear the ones in the doctor's office are made to make you 5 lbs. heavier than you are. Ricky, how's the no-smoking going? still haven't quit, but swear I'll be smoke-free by my 46th birthday which is April 15th.

suziQ

pre3teach Sun, Mar-28-04 18:13

Hi Everyone, haven't checked in with this thread for awhile and didn't get on at all yesterday.
Won't be long now till I hit the 4 0...I am hopeful that a few more of the lbs. will be off my then.

All is going well here.

xvxwickdxv Sun, Mar-28-04 18:28

Hi all,

Not much new in my corner, just working out and eating right. Nothing of much excitement. I did make myself a promise today that I would not get on my scale until Friday so that is my challenge for the week. TOM must be close because I am craving potato chips (haven't touched them) and can't seem to get full.

Have a great Sunday!

Wicky