Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Cathy's journey to fitness. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=313735)

301 Mon, Dec-10-07 14:06

Way to make that goal :)

cathy44 Wed, Dec-12-07 10:55

Tuesday, Dec 11th--
2 mile run

cathy44 Wed, Dec-12-07 23:05

Wednesday, Dec 12th--
3.25 mile run.. when I get up to speed a little better.. I will start keeping track here of my time on the treadmill, and my settings.
Currently I get an extremely vigorous workout on 4.5 to 5, NO incline and I go back and forth between 3.7 walking to 5.0 running.
Each time I get a little stronger.. I just gotta keep at it.

Then did abs and arm weights-- about an hour workout total.

Allergymom Wed, Dec-12-07 23:12

Cathy...

Quote:
Currently I get an extremely vigorous workout on 4.5 to 5, NO incline and I go back and forth between 3.7 walking to 5.0 running.
Each time I get a little stronger.. I just gotta keep at it.
This is a good process..I have read that running fairly fast for a certain amt of time then into fast walking will speed up and slow down your heart rate which expends more energy and calories burned..Instead of just running at the same pace..I do a similar routine but I increase my speed after each mile or depending on my energy every quarter mile..I will start out at 5.4 then finish out around 6.2 and once in a while will shoot it up that last quarter mile to 7.0..which is good..

You got the tools and education..U can do this Cathy..Go woman

cathy44 Fri, Dec-14-07 17:13

Thursday-- 3 miles

cathy44 Mon, Dec-17-07 11:21

Friday--
nada

Saturday Dec 15th--
3.50 mile run, weights, abs-- great run.

Sunday Dec 16th--
40 min HIIT stairstepper... another awesome workout.

I really like starting the day on the weekends with a good workout, really helps... but I still need to do better with the food....:rolleyes:

My goal for last week was to run 12.5 miles... ended up with: 11.75

My goal for this week: 13.5 miles.

cathy44 Wed, Dec-19-07 13:27

Tuesday-- Dec 18th--
3.6 mile run... felt fantastic, but really, really had to push myself. And my time was rather slow.. but workout was DIFFICULT.... think I sweated off at least 5 lbs!! :lol:

Tonight.. another 3.5 miler :)

cathy44 Thu, Dec-20-07 11:15

Wednesday-- Dec 18th--
ran/walked 4.23 miles!!!!! it took me close to an hour.. which is slow... BUT... the funniest thing... the first mile and a 1/2.. I could NOT figure out why it was soooo difficult.. I thought to myself.. I should be getting stronger.. not weaker... then I realized.. I had the incline set to 3.0.. which isn't alot.. but when you are used to running with no incline.. it made a HUGE difference... my shins hurt and I was getting pissed.... when I took the incline back down-- omg.. what a difference.. I FLEW on that damn treadmill!!! SOOO.. now that I know I CAN do it with incline.. I am going to really start experimenting!!

:):):)

cathy44 Sun, Dec-23-07 15:25

Saturday, Dec 22nd--
another 4 mile run.. wow.. got the runners high like you wouldn't believe.. even on the treadmill. I get a much better run first thing in the morning, then I do after work.

Planning another run before we head out in the morning.. at least 3 miles.

cathy44 Mon, Dec-31-07 13:16

Wed Dec 26th--
3 mile walk/run

Friday, Dec 28th--
2 mile jog
15 mins stairstepper,
cool down on bike
arm weights

301 Thu, Jan-03-08 12:39

Was you new year resolution to stop working out, drink a magic potion and make it to goal in a day,,,,,,

WAKE UP - it was a dream - get back to working out :lol:

cathy44 Fri, Jan-04-08 13:56

Why YES.. hey.. how did you know.. Oh yeah.. you are in my dreams... ;) :lol: Well.. GET OUT!! :lol:

Okay.. actually.. started back at the gym last night.. and it was GREAT!

Thursday, Jan 3rd 2008
3 mile run/walk-
abs, arms.

Plan 4 miles tomorrow and Sunday-- :):):)

301 Mon, Jan-07-08 13:09

Its cause your legs are shorter - lets see some progress = no more off days :)

cathy44 Thu, Jan-10-08 14:14

Wednesday-- Jan 9th--
3 mile jog/walk-- 42 mins... rather slow tonight.. but it still felt good to get this run in.

I am not real happy with my progress.. BUT I will keep struttin my stuff to improve... really need a treadmill at home to do first thing in the morning....that would solve some dillema.

'nother run planned tonight WITH 20 mins of HIIT stair stepping.

:)

cathy44 Fri, Jan-11-08 11:52

Thursday, Jan 10th--
Ran 1 mile.. then decided to do 45 min BootCamp workout.. omg.. thought I was going to die... good workout and I needed a change.. last night was bored with the treadmill and wanted something different.