Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   No Cheat Till Labor Day Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=54128)

Pepperoni Tue, Aug-13-02 20:09

I'm having such a hard time keeping up with posting !!! WOW!

I'm doing fine... although today I could not seem to eat ENOUGH! I was so ravenous all throughout the day. I don't like that feeling because I end up feeling out of control.

I hope everyone is doing better... I'm hanging in there!

:wave: Heather

Princesspp Tue, Aug-13-02 20:49

Hi Everyone ....

Just stopping in to end DAY 10 ... to say "I didn't cheee-eaat!!! I didn't cheeee-eaat!!!! :yay:

Came in at alittle higher than normal but I did have a couple pieces of the Chocolate Peanut butter pie, and a piece of the Strawberry Margarita cake .. (both LC - recipes found on this site !!!! - so didn't cheat!!)

Came in at 27.25 carbs for the day!!!! :D

Tomorrow I go back to work, and my routine will be back to normal again for a couple of weeks ...

Talk later all ... I'm really pooped!!!
Love ya all!!!:rheart:

qcchevyman Tue, Aug-13-02 22:02

Another No Cheat Day today.

4 Egg Omlete with Crushed Pork Rinds and 2 oz of Smoked Chedder Cheese.

8 Slices of Pork Roll "Very Thin Slices. 3 Carbs

2 oz Smoked Chedder Cheese

2 tablespoons of Mayo.

100 oz of water.

I will be uping my Veggie intake.

j. mcadams Wed, Aug-14-02 05:25

Wednesday Day 11

another no cheat day yesterday and that was even going down to my Moms. Beginning Day #11. Am going to go exercise in about 40 minutes.
The amazing thing is my neice and nephew-in-law (Coty's Parents) and Coty are all doing the Atkins. I was so amazed when my sister told me this. Also my sister and Mom were questioning me about the Atkins and Ruthann was going to get the book last night. Wow a couple more converts.
Everyone have a great day NOT CHEATING....joan

donnaj Wed, Aug-14-02 05:52

just checking in,

Welcome to new challengers and hello to my fellow challenger. I just to report while I can that I have not cheated as of this morning. I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement I could do it without you all.
Donna :wave:

Pepperoni Wed, Aug-14-02 07:15

Good Morning!

Good Morning everyone! Although I ate yesterday like there was no tomorrow, I'm happy to report that it was all LEGAL!

Today I am hoping that my hunger will not be as bad...and that if it is, I will turn to water first then food if still hungry. That's my plan!

I'm hoping for a whoosh tooo... keep your fingers crossed for me!

:rheart: Heather

Marlaine Wed, Aug-14-02 09:02

Checking in again.......

I'm happy to report what constitutes a "whoosh" for me!! Another half pound down!! And needless to say....I'm still "on the wagon" and haven't given in and made another cheesecake!

Thanks to all of you for being here and giving me the encouragement and support to do this!!

YaY for all of the losers in this thread! :cheer: :cheer: Together we can do it!!

Marlaine

starchile Wed, Aug-14-02 11:19

DONUTS BAD!!!

OH GOSH!!! My co worker jut brought in what looks like a TRUCKLOAD of FRESH, soft, sweeeeet donuts!!!! They smell SOOOOOOOOO goood. BUT I KNOW they are BAD! I know that even if I were to have a small piece, it would send me into a downward spiral and I would be off this wonderful, succesful streak that I'm on....EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T LOST A SINGLE POUND!!!!!!!!!!!! But I'm not bitter. :mad: Who needs a donut and 10:00 in the morning anyway??? Those things'll kill ya'!

HELP!!!!!!! :help:

maggie3456 Wed, Aug-14-02 11:27

:wave: another no cheat day for me yesterday!!!!!! wooooooohoooooooooo i wanted to just go on a binge so baddddddd last night.....some real stressfull personal stuff went on yesterday......but i resisted and ate an extra chicken breast with hot sauce and butter :) :thup: :yum:
I know what you mean about donuts...one of my daycare boys brough some here to share for his birthday last week..........mmmmmmmmmm they smelled sooo good and i even had to serve them and resisted licking my fingers when i got frosting on them....i knew if i took even one taste that would be it.
You can do it starchile !!!!!!!!! Just think about how much better you feel without them and treat yourself to a non food reward for resisiting :)
maggie :)

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Cher Wed, Aug-14-02 11:31

You Gsls/guys are such an awesome support group

We are on Day 11 already…wow! OK…I still haven’t cheated :yay: and you guys/gals are doing such an awesome job!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tesia….I’m so glad that you found the "no Cheat" thread, It sounds like you’re standing strong…so, keep up the good work. Don't give into the donut temptatioms....there will always be donuts (we will still love you if you do - but...stay strong)!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Carol….we are all human and I really wish that Linda would come back…maybe we should all go to her journal and tell her that we miss her??? I’m excited to hear that your bathroom came out so nice…I need a good project to work on…or, maybe I should just paint. P.S…how are you doing with your company there??? Are you fixing them all low crb foods J

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DonnaJ…a size 10 shorts…woo-hoo…congratulations are in order:
:cheer: :cheer :cheer: :cheer :cheer: :cheer :cheer: :cheer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Heather…so I so want to call you pepperoni cause that’s so cute! That 1/2 pound is like 2 sticks of butter leaving your body…that certainly counts….Woo Hoo Pepperoni..

:cheer: :cheer :cheer: :cheer :cheer: :cheer :cheer: :cheer
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Greg…stuffed avocados…yumm…where did that recipe come from? I would love to try it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tkeaki…ahhhh such a pretty name. Welcome to the group…I so glad that you decided to join the "no cheat" thread.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Richard….new picture of Richard’s whoosh fairy???? Is that from Sienna…cause…it’s pretty special. I really liked your picnic…that was a treat!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sally…you’ve been doing n awesome job…Way To Go with the stats. And, making it through the weekend…woo hoo…now, that’s commitment! Strawberry Margarita cake…yumm..I have to try to find that. Hope the powers that be aren’t being too tough.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tanya…sound like you’re doing great too…which quiche did you make…cause, I wannna try it…sounds good….yumm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
RHHB Rinoa…welcome on board! Very cool

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Joan….good for you on both fronts…not cheating over the weekend and not weighing yet. And now- a family of followers on the Atkins plan. That should help the support factor!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Victoria…congratulations on mot cheating anyway…that’s good. And, I’m excited for you…30 pounds lighter…Way To GO:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sunshine…congratulations on turning down that popcorn at the movies…wtg!! And, you sound so strong…we are all going to be so happy that we did this by labor day. Our payoff ill be great! Glad to hear your jeans are looser.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maggie….I’m glad you joined us! :rheart:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Marlaine….you broke the stall…WTG! Another pound gone forever…that is so cool! We are definitely rewarded for being cheat free,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Betty…great to have you here. We’re all on slightly different programs…so not to worry.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lisacc..you’re welcome to just jump right in…thanks for coming over to visit us…but, as long as you don’t want to cheat till labor day…you’ll fit in with us.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wendy…funny…no carb/no stress works for me too J

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lisacc Wed, Aug-14-02 11:43

Hello everyone, well so far my second day of no cheating and Starchile we have donuts in the building and after the big boardmeeting the donuts will come to my office. Our office gets all the carbage leftovers, I should feel so privilaged. I don't know if anyone else happened to see a documentary on this morning on A&E. The documentary was entitled Supersized Generation, it was talking about the epidemic of our oversized youth. This was very interesting to me, that had an 11 year old girl who is a typeII diabetic and I was screaming at the tv give up the carbs.

Well this thread really does grow quick, but I love being able to take small breaks and come to the tread and get inspiration.

Mrs. Louisville KY it is nice to know that someone near me is doing Atkins it seems like I am the only one in Bowling Green that takes it as WOE. Starchile I haven't been posting but I realize that I need this forum I need to come somewhere, where people share the same ideas and struggles it helps so much. Talk to you guys later.

TheBetty Wed, Aug-14-02 16:08

Thanks for the welcome!

Good to be here! I've decided NOT to weigh myself til Labor Day, as some others here have decided.

I'd like to say that you all have lovely pictures in your signatures and by your names. :)

Tesia, I'm glad you were able to stay upwind of those dirty-dawg-donuts. They tormented you briefly, but you wished 'em into the corn field forever! :lol:

And we will ALL continue opening cans of WHOOP BOOTY!

It Is STILL On! :cool:

Tanyaskees Wed, Aug-14-02 17:57

Another good day here....YEAHHHHHH. No cheats today. Menu in the journal.

Princesspp Wed, Aug-14-02 20:45

DAY 11 DOWN !!!!!

And still NO CHEAT!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Came in at 30 carbs today ... way higher than I like, but I was also enjoying some desserts today (leftover Chocolate Peanut butter pie (funny story in my journal - so I don't have to worry about that anymore)and Strawberry Margarita cake...) :yum:

But I still haven't cheated ... have been close the last couple of days, but boredom didn't catch me!!!!

Talk later all ... looks like everyone is doing smashing!!!!

Love ya all!!:rheart:

destro Wed, Aug-14-02 21:20

1 Attachment(s)

Well, I still have not cheated! Tomorrow, however, I go for a tryout session at Curves for Women and if they want to weigh me I will not say no....as long as I am not weighing myself.

Otherwise I am doing great this month and always love doing a "challenge."

Natalie