Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   200lbs anyone??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=45719)

mal Wed, Jun-12-02 07:44

:wave: :spin: :wave: hi all, i was up a pound this morning but i think it was because of tom arriving so im not gonna weigh myself again untill monday,but i do know that saturday is gonna be a vodka day lol as england got through to the last 16 today in the world cup :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
which means on saturday they play denmark and you just have to watch big footbal matches in the pub beacuse of the atmosphere...................................WELL YOU DO LOL but apart from that i will be very good. had 2 saussages and 3 scrambled eggs for my breakfast, it seems to fill me up all day, sometimes i dont want lunch at all do you know if that is ok? to miss a meal if you dont want it? i dont want to eat too little lol
anyway will speak again soon all take care and good luck with the scales :wave: :spin: :wave: :spin: :wave:

Corrie Wed, Jun-12-02 08:24

Missing meals....

mal, you should really try to eat something - even if it is just a slice of cheese or meat or an egg. It doesn't have to be huge if you're not really hungry - but don't go more than 4 to 6 hours without a protein. Try to eat 3 regular sized meals or 5 smaller meals per day - that way your body won't go into starvation mode and slow/stop your weight loss. If you constantly give it fuel - it will keep burning the fat!!!

Ivory Wed, Jun-12-02 08:34

Corrie, I had a large lunch yesterday (around 1) and then didn't want food all day because I wasn't hungry and didn't eat until around 9:30...could not eating protein for that many hours by why my weight rebounded up from 215.5 to 217 this morning?

Its been a few days cheat-free now, and that means not even nibbles. Saturday night, myself and a few friends are going out to the bar, and I am so determined not to cheat that I volunteered to drive so that I can't drink.

Well I'm going to find food for lunch and to pack something for dinner, at work.

mal Wed, Jun-12-02 08:35

thanks corrie, i really was a bit worried about that the first 2 weeks i was in strong ketosis but i just did the test and i am now in moderate which i dont want to be i want to be in strong all the time lol so i will make sure i eat something thanks again, mal :wave:

Corrie Wed, Jun-12-02 09:53

Ivory - It could very well have something to do with it....Don't give in - your cheat free days will pay off big time all at once ..... One day soon - you'll step on the scale and 5 pounds will be gone virtually over night!! But the trick is to convince your body!!! (This is what happens to me....) my weight will fluctuate a little just before a large weight loss - almost like my body is daring me to give in and give up - but just keep eating!! Then when your body figures out that you're not trying to starve it - there is no food shortage and....BAM!!! :hyper: it's gone - just like that. This happens to me at least once a month - it's part of losing. Plus your body has to kinda catch it's breath and recoup for the next round - so you'll lose and then level; lose and then level etc....

When you don't eat your body starts holding onto to things - like water and fat stores, because it thinks a food and water shortage is happening...

I'd bet it is just water weight - and a couple days of hard induction will take care of it - try just meat and salads for a couple days and of course water.

EVERYBODY: What is really important to remember is that it takes more calories to digest the protein than is IN the protein. .... . :cool:

:rolleyes: BUT - (and this is a really big "but") your intestines requires WATER to digest it properly and in a timely manner. So if you're not drinking enough you're slowing the whole process down. SO DRINK UP!!!

Corrie Wed, Jun-12-02 09:55

mal

I know what you mean - I was in ketosis so hard and heavy last week that by the end of the week I couldn't even lift my arms - I was so tired. I tok extra potassium, magnesium and calcium and felt better in a few days - but I slowed it way down this week!!!

Ivory Wed, Jun-12-02 10:03

Thanks Corrie! I will try not to let too many hours go between meals. I have been doing that a little too often lately. For example, if I work a 9:30am-1:30am shift at work, I won't eat breakfast and will eat at 2:30 after I get home...I'll try to stop doing that.

I am getting into the whole water thing, this morning I just wanted the water so bad, I had 2L before my breakfast even cooked!

mal Wed, Jun-12-02 10:06

corrie, so do you feel more tired the more into klitosis you are? and do you lose more weight when it is strong? thanks ,mal

Corrie Wed, Jun-12-02 10:07

WOW WHAT A SHIFT!!!

Ivory - good for you! :hyper:
It is important for you (especially when you pull a shift like that) to take snacks with you - even just a hard boiled egg or two will do the job!!!

mal Wed, Jun-12-02 10:12

just testing my daizy's lol

Talon Wed, Jun-12-02 10:12

Quote:
Originally posted by Corrie

:rolleyes: BUT - (and this is a really big "but") your intestines requires WATER to digest it properly and in a timely manner. So if you're not drinking enough you're slowing the whole process down. SO DRINK UP!!!

Ok, I give, how did you know I have a big but? ;)

Corrie Wed, Jun-12-02 10:17

Mal - the deeper into ketosis you are - the faster you will lose.

First of all - you'll experience fatigue when you are first getting rid of all your glucose stores that your body is used to running on until it switches to a fat burning metabolism, which it will do about 3 - 5 days into the program. Or it happens to me if I have caught myself edging my carbs up little by little and I kick start induction and crash back thru again....

The level people can get into ketosis also varies by their degree of metabolic resistance (meaning how bad does your body want to hold on to that fat).

When you are losing weight - remember that you are not only losing fat - you are also losing water and minerals.

So the faster you lose fat, the faster you lose essential nutrients and water. (Here I go on about water again.....hold on - need a sip).

So if you are losing nutrients fast - you could feel extra tired at times. There are a couple things you can do. Make sure you get extra rest, take your vitamins and you can add a cup of salad if you need to.

:roll:

Corrie Wed, Jun-12-02 10:18

Ivory - SILLY THING!!!

Its MY BIG "BUTT"!!!

mal Wed, Jun-12-02 10:18

hi can any1 tell me why i have the word daizy and not a daizy in my signature? lol thanks mal

mal Wed, Jun-12-02 10:25

corrie, another question lol where did u get the palm tree? lol :daze: :daze: :daze: