Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Liftnlady's new journal (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=193883)

liftnlady Thu, Aug-05-04 11:33

8/5

Plan for today..

cals- 1950 cals, 175 prot, 200 carbs, 50 fat

cardio-none

Training-

A1 Good Mornings 301 tempo 60s rest
95 x 3 x 1
105 x 3 x 2
115 x 3 x 2
120 x 3 x 5

superset with
A2 Crunches 301 tempo 60s rest
10 x 10

B1 Walking Lunges 211 tempo 30s rest
17.5 x 12 x 4
superset with
B2 Seated Calf Raises 321 tempo 30s rest
80 x 15 x 4

Built Thu, Aug-05-04 12:48

How do you DO walking lunges? I've never seen anyone doing them. Do you hold dumbbells or a barbell? How far do you walk?

liftnlady Thu, Aug-05-04 13:00

You can use either. I have been using dumbells...just hold a 20 on each side step forward lunge with one leg, raise straight up, step into the next leg lunge forward. For this set I will count to 24 which would be 12 on each leg. some of the guys that do them use barbells, cause they are using like 110 lbs which is easier than holding 50lb dumbells. I may try the barbell tonight to see how it feels. I used to do them on the treadmill for cardio every once in awhile. Incline about 5%, treadmill at 2mph, hold onto the rails and lunge. I did intervals on this and walking...very tough.

Built Thu, Aug-05-04 14:00

Cool. Thanks!

dogbone1 Thu, Aug-05-04 14:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftnlady
I used to do them on the treadmill for cardio every once in awhile. Incline about 5%, treadmill at 2mph, hold onto the rails and lunge. I did intervals on this and walking...very tough.

There is a guy at my gym who does this-- no weights. His workouts seems to be similar to yours, Lift. Lots of circuit training and short sets and supersets.

I worry about doing muscle-challenging things during cardio for fear that I will (A) compromise my lifts, (B) overtrain, and (C) go anaerobic and stop optimum fat burning. My theory is to keep resistance training to an absolute minimum during cardio--- ie, I`ll only use resistance on the treadmill or elliptical if I am going really slow....which doesn`t really happen all that often.

Thoughts?

liftnlady Thu, Aug-05-04 14:22

well I used them as HIIt intervals so I was not worried about the anerobic part, I do not think they would comprimise training or promote over training...you are only doing it for about 10-15 minutes.

Currently I only do circuit/depletion training for leaning out, and since I am bulking that is not gonna happen for awhile...and this is only because my trainer has designed the program this way. He works with alot of bodybuilding competitors and they look phenomenol...so I know it works..it is all how the training and diet are laid out that is the key.

liftnlady Thu, Aug-05-04 20:27

well strength on good mornings way up this week...the lunges still friggin kill me...I hate these things !!

red1cutie Thu, Aug-05-04 20:35

Hi Lift! Congrats on upping your benches. The lunges sound tough. I see guys walking around the gym doing it but never on treadmill. Sounds tough. Knowing me I would fall off. :lol:

I will make it up my quads and calves tomorrow.

Take care.
red

Frederick Thu, Aug-05-04 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftnlady
Frederick, you take your total daily calories and split them into 6, then divide your meals appropriately. You actually get used to it and yes you eat every 2.5-3 hours...just smaller meals. The fish oil caps have no taste, but some of them can cause you to burp which tastes like you have eaten fish.

Hi Liftnlady,

Thanks for the advice!

How do you keep from over-eating 6 times per day? For me, once I start eating, I have this natural inclination to eat until full.

Did you notice much better progress after switching to 6 meals/day and the fish oil supplement?

Thx,

Fred

liftnlady Fri, Aug-06-04 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1cutie
Hi Lift! Congrats on upping your benches. The lunges sound tough. I see guys walking around the gym doing it but never on treadmill. Sounds tough. Knowing me I would fall off. :lol:

I will make it up my quads and calves tomorrow.

Take care.
red

hey red...thanks. I don't actually do the treadmill lunges anymore, used to ..now just regular ones....and those are bad enough for me.

deze Fri, Aug-06-04 09:17

Mornin!
Had a great run this morning, easier pace... am heading to do UB later this morning...

hope you have an awesome Friday!!
j

liftnlady Fri, Aug-06-04 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick
Hi Liftnlady,

Thanks for the advice!

How do you keep from over-eating 6 times per day? For me, once I start eating, I have this natural inclination to eat until full.

Did you notice much better progress after switching to 6 meals/day and the fish oil supplement?

Thx,

Fred

Hey Fred, well when you are bulking like I am right now it is not so tough cause I am eating enough, andif I am hungry I can eat more. When cutting it is a little tougher because you do get hungry, but if you wanna shed the fat you do what you gotta do. I think eating this was makes my energy levels more sustained and you do have a tendency to not overeat cause you are eatingmore frequently, and once your body adapts and realizes you are feeding it it becomes easier. I cannot give you measurable results from the fish oil...I take it cause my trainer says I have too.

liftnlady Sat, Aug-07-04 16:44

8/7

TRAINING
Something in my leg went twang and I had a severe pain in my thigh just to the left of my right knee, but more towards the back of my thigh...don't hink it was my hamstring...but it forced me to cut the push presses short and contnue my workout as straight sets instead of supersets. It hurt when walking the stairs to leave, but it seems to have calmed down some now.Keeping my fingers crossed...old age sucks :angry:

A1 Push Press
50 x 3
60 x 3
60 x 3
60 x 3
60 x 3
60 x 3
60 x 3

A2 Assisted Pull Ups
20 x 3
20 x 3
20 x 3
20 x 3
20 x 3
20 x 3
20 x 3

Incline Dumbell Presses
25 x 10
25 x 10
25 x 10
25 x 10

Seated Cable Row

90 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

Incline Hammer Curls triple drop sets
15/12.5/10 x 6
15/12.5/10 x 6
15/12.5/10 x 6

Built Sat, Aug-07-04 16:52

Oh, LIFTN - I'm SORRY!

I'll say the usual things: rest, ice, compression, elevation - and plenty of Advil.

Owies!

Crank the glutamine and fish oil too. Helps with inflammation and healing.

Dammit!

Chipperoo Sat, Aug-07-04 17:02

Damn girl I hope it's Ok.

I know what ya' mean. Built's eternally young :baby: , but us mere mortals know how hard it is the older you get. Any little false move and WHAM.

Shit, I hope it's a little thing and goes away quick!