Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   FitDay.com How To's (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=38343)

Rosebud Tue, Apr-12-05 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2msb
Is it possible to get, "net carbs" instead of total carb count using FitDay?

No, you have to subtract the fibre from the total carbs yourself. It's just the way Fitday is set up.

BTW, have you tried our MyPLAN? I think it's actually better than Fitday. ;)

Rosebud:rose:

Steph570 Tue, Apr-12-05 23:55

FYI-I just found out yesterday that it does not automatically subtract your fiber from your carbs, you have to do this yourself to get the net carbs. Er Duh!

Steph570 Wed, Apr-13-05 06:20

No you have to subtract the fiber yourself> Good luck!

fsmrford Wed, Aug-17-05 12:18

need to know how many carbs in okra. baked without any seasonings

Marlaine Wed, Aug-17-05 15:14

Hi there...

Have you registered for a fitday.com membership? You should be able to find out a carb count by putting "ocra" into the search there.

Does that help?

Marlaine

hdyhouse Wed, Aug-17-05 15:45

Here is a link to the USDA nutrient database http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
If you enter okra, you will find that 1 cup of cooked okra has 7.28 carbs and 4.0 grams of fiber for 3.28 net carbs per cup of cooked fresh okra.

Maru1952 Thu, Aug-25-05 16:37

coffee

Fitday "charges" almost 1 carb per cup of coffee; it's the only carb counter I've seen that does that. Anyone know why? Do you count the coffee carbs? It was for plain coffee, made with tap water.

chatty169 Sun, Sep-04-05 11:35

i have found with fitday to always click on the name and see what they are counting. Sometimes they will have ingredients they are counting that i didn't have in my food. example: in a salad they may say onions,cheese, lettuce,carrots ect... I had lettuce,egg,and broccoli salad so you will have to put each thing individually instead of using their salad. Check to see on the coffee if they are counting 1 carb just for coffee black or allowing for added sugar.

tethgirl Sun, Sep-04-05 14:15

One food that I didn't find and cannot find its nutrition value either, is hamburger (of course without the bun). any ideas?

DdmnWlkng Sun, Sep-04-05 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by tethgirl
One food that I didn't find and cannot find its nutrition value either, is hamburger (of course without the bun). any ideas?

I believe I use Ground Beef, at least I think thats what hamburger is.. (Im 15... :lol: )

chatty169 Sun, Sep-04-05 21:44

I have found fit day is pretty technical in its wording. i tried to find round steak well no luck typed in round alone and found it beef ground will get you hamburger meat egg boiled things like that I admit sometimes it is a challange to find what i want, so if I have a package that tells me everything I use the custom food and enter it myself.

tethgirl Mon, Sep-05-05 07:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdmnWlkng
I believe I use Ground Beef, at least I think thats what hamburger is.. (Im 15... :lol: )

:)

So I have found it but I am frustrated with the quantity. How much is 1 oz of ground beef? or even better... how much ozes is one medium hamburger?

Gemmafafen Mon, Sep-05-05 07:50

hey,
What a great thread- I reckon it should be promoted to sticky status as fitday is so amazngly handy. Ne way, as you are the mother of fitday and seem to have a gift with it- I was just wondering what do you suggest I put in when I eat wholegrain mustard?? They don't seem to have mustard sauce w/out sugar added- which mine is and wholegrain! At the mo I'm just entering mustard and some mustard seeds but would love to know if you think theres a better way around this.

Plus I love to eat ham- but I think ham in America is different to UK sandwich ham cos the fat content is so different, deli ham and packaged ham is diff. n way but still, i can't find ne thing that close on fitday.com. The ham I have has less than 2% fat- but fiday dosn't seem to have this kind of ham, so I have been entering 'Ham, smoked or cured, NS as to fat eaten'. The rest seems so far off what I have. I get tired of customizing all my foods- cottage cheese, ham, lf cheese- plus I don't always get the fibre breakdown nor nutrients so I try to log in the product- as close to mine and then wiggle the numbers till is near how many calories was in my serving of it. Do you reckon thats like cheating?

Great thread
Gem

Beth58 Fri, Jan-06-06 16:56

I think Fitday is a great idea but drives me to distraction as many of the description are not feasable. Is there a British site? if not why does somone not introduce one. I would be happy to pay if it had details like a calories fat and carb counter to it.

puncass Wed, Jan-11-06 15:47

Fitday.com

I keep a "written" journal of the foods I plan to eat. Usually the written journal has two parts, what I plan to eat (menu set up in advance for when I grocery shop) and what I actually eat. Then, I load them into fitday.com daily to every few days. Also, while Im planning meals, I can use "what if" scenarios before I even buy the food. I've wasted a lot of food before doing this. Now I can narrow down the portions and everything. It's such a great tool!!!