Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   red1cutie's gym log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=91544)

red1cutie Sun, Jul-25-04 15:48

Sunday July 25, 2004—Day 521
Weight: TOM

Workout: Shoulders, Back

red1cutie Mon, Jul-26-04 08:57

Monday July 26, 2004—Day 522
Weight: TOM

Workout: Cardio

red1cutie Tue, Jul-27-04 20:48

Tuesday July 27, 2004—Day 523
Weight: TOM still here

red1cutie Wed, Jul-28-04 21:02

Wednesday July 28, 2004—Day 524
Weight: TOM...

Workout: Cardio, chest, back

liftnlady Thu, Jul-29-04 10:21

good work Red...how is your strength on the lifts?

red1cutie Thu, Jul-29-04 19:05

Thursday July 29, 2004—Day 525
Weight: 113

Workout: Quads & calves

red1cutie Fri, Jul-30-04 13:42

Friday July 30, 2004—Day 526
Weight: 114

red1cutie Sun, Aug-01-04 10:00

Saturday July 31 2004—Day 527
Weight: 113

Workout: Hams, biceps

Ate so much today including 2 mini lc caroles cheesecake 25g of Xylitol each, plus lc pizza in addition to my regular meals

red1cutie Sun, Aug-01-04 10:02

Sunday Aug 1, 2004—Day 528
Weight: 115 uh oh

evening:
Okay I decided to go to the gym for 6:30pm but when I got there they gym was already closed. It had closed at 6pm. I'm mad because I thought of going at 4:30 but decided to do it later so my last meal would be my post workout meal. Now I will have to make it up tomorrow. I have HIIT tomorrow but the gym opens from 9am to 5pm.

red1cutie Mon, Aug-02-04 16:30

Monday Aug 2, 2004—Day 529
Weight: 115! :daze:

Workout: Shoulder & Back

Wanted to do my cardio after to make up for yesterday but they kicked us out since the gym was closing early since today is a holiday. Will try to make it up.

liftnlady Mon, Aug-02-04 16:42

red...take measurements ...cause you may just add a little weight if you start putting on muscle...though your extra eating could account for some water retention. Best to keep track of measurments and how you look in mirror as well, but daily fluctuations happen...I can go up 5lbs somedays.

Frederick Mon, Aug-02-04 17:43

Hi Red,

I saw your log here and decided to check it out. Congrats on all your progress! Going from 44% body fat to where you are now is simply astounding!

You appear to be very well acclimated to weight training now. I'm curious, doing weights ever bore you? That's my biggest restraint. There are times when it becomes quite boring for me especially on those nights when the gym is quite empty.

Again, congrats on your awesome progress!

With kindest regards,

Frederick

Frederick Mon, Aug-02-04 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1cutie
Hi Frederick! :D I am glad you started a journal. I know exactly how you feel. I used to hate weights and now I love them (I can't belive it either).

LOL…Really? How did this transformation come about? For me, I don’t really like weights for the simple reason that running is much easier for me. It’s just so much more pleasant running (especially in SF’s waterfront from the Bay bridge to the Golden Gate) than being in a gym.

Quote:
I remember when you gave me the advice on how to start running. And when I got into it (no way as long as you do it I loved it). I still do but I was overdoing it and that's why I think I lost some lean mass. I overdid it. I still like to run but I am now only doing it on HIIT days. On other days I just walk.

Once you start running, it is pretty enjoyable. In my view, running is the best form of cardio in terms of calories expended given a specified amount of time. I’m glad you enjoyed running. It’ll be something that will keep you in peak cardio health for years to come if you keep it up. However, I do agree with you that too much running is counter-productive. There is no question that in the past, I ran excessively and wish I had cut down on the mileage sooner. Henceforth, I’m going to try and keep my weekly mileage to at or below 25—well, it’s a start anyway. LOL…you know what they say, hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Quote:
That's a fact! I was ignoring the advice of BFL and Wanda and doing cardio for longer the required time and slacking off on the weights and not eating enought protein on some days and I have lost about 7 pounds of lean mass which is going to be so hard for me to get it back. I could cry when I think about it now. Right now I think it's around 91 lbs. I hope it has not dropped anymore. I will get it done at the end of August.

We’re in the same boat on this one. All my life, I’ve ignored anyone who has ever impressed upon me to cut back on my running mileage. It just never occurred to me that weight training would have all of these physical benefits. I used to have this gross misperception that weight training was appropriate only for people entering bodybuilding contests. If it weren’t for this forum, I’m not sure if I would ever have gotten around to working with weights. After reading all the posts, the scientific studies, and from seeing people at the gym, I now feel that everyone should engage in some form of resistance training. I’m not sure, but I think my high running mileage must be a contributory factor to my slow progression compared to others’ at the gym.

Quote:
I used to hate weights when I was doing BFL probably because I was doing my weights at home and using very light ones. I don't find it boring at all now. I love it.
I really like it when it's empty because no one is using the weights that I want. :lol:

LOL…Certainly a perspective that hasn’t occurred to me. I’m not sure if I’ll ever *love* doing weights, but I certainly will do them for the physical benefits. I do my pushups and pull-ups at home, especially when I want to leave the gym early. My gym is called 24hour Fitness. So, if you go during 2 am, it would be completely empty except for a few staff members!

Quote:
p.s. Add some fish oil and L Glut. You should break up your meals if you can 5-6 meals.

Obviously, I’m not very refined on the supplement stuff, to put it mildly. Only reason I don’t eat smaller meals is given my time constraints during the workday. There are times when I work constantly from 9 am – 9 pm without even time to eat other than a very quick snack. I tend to eat less often with a larger meals—not ideal, but what else can I do, right? As to supplements, I know very little about them. Remember, I never read? LOL

Regards,

Fred

red1cutie Tue, Aug-03-04 19:33

Tuesday Aug 3, 2004—Day 530
Weight: 115

Did not feel that great! I need to go tostart going to bed earlier.

liftnlady Tue, Aug-03-04 19:52

hey red...hope you feel better, get some rest.