Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Like a Dream.....150 Pounds gone forever. *Pics at end of story (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=266623)

Shai1113 Fri, Oct-27-06 17:08

Congratulations.. you really are inspiring. All the best to you and thanks for sharing your pics! Excellent job, I'm sure it was difficult but you stuck to it. Great!

MicheleK Fri, Oct-27-06 17:46

Whoa!! You look amazing!!

If your story does'nt keep me on track, nothing will. Thanks for posting!!!!!!

Lasnikart Sun, Oct-29-06 06:31

All I can say is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

deirdra Sun, Nov-05-06 16:59

That is a great story, and I must say that you look much happier and more confident and approachable in your "now" picture. Did you know that most "beautiful" people suffer from the same self doubts? Many say that they have to make themselves smile and act like they are confident when they go out in the world, and by doing so they become happier & more confident.

DS71 Mon, Nov-06-06 10:28

Your story is very inspiring....reading stories like this regularly gives me a lot of motivation.

I start low carbing about 5 years ago and lost close to 50lbs(took about 6months) and kept it of for almost 2 years. Then a new relationship and the birth of my daughter(first time father, I love it btw) I managed to put the weight back on pluse another 20lbs.

After trying numerous other diets and WOE I just realized for myself the Low Carb was the only one that really worked for me-actually quite well. I believe everones is different-our body types are different. What works for one won't always work for another. But for me LC works 10x better than anything else I've tried.

Anyways, Thanks for sharing.

Paulee Wed, Nov-22-06 19:58

Jesus Christ...!!

That's an AMAZING achievement. Plenty of inspiration to keep putting one foot in front of the other on the treadmill and watch what goes into the mouth.

Awsome.....I pray to God, I have the courage and conviction to pursue my dream of getting rid of this fat once and for all.

Well done, my man. WELL DONE indeeeeeed.

Regards.

Paulee.

Archie Sun, Dec-03-06 09:33

Hey Marvin...

"Where's the Ka-Boom? There was supposed to be an Earth Shattering KA-BOOM?!?"
This is my favorite line from an episode of your avatar and it seems so appropriate.
Thanks for taking the time to write this success story. It is an effort to give back since doing this is mostly for other members rather than for yourself who has already achieved this monumental goal.
I originally lost about 55+lbs with Atkins and kept it off for a couple of years or so. Then I drifted and have gained back about 25 or so of them. As life goes often...3 steps forward, 2 steps back but I have learned that even though I have gained some weight back I am so far ahead of where I was not only in that I am still much lighter but in that I have done it so I now believe and know I can do it and as well I know how. I have restared my Low carb ways again a couple of days ago and now come back here as I learned before just how valuable these forums can be if you read the positive posts (and avoid the whinny posts).
As for you....outstanding! And I think that you are still quite young to have achieved this huge thing. I hope you are setting a new BIG goal to achieve as if you continue to knock down big goals at this rate you can live a life that is extraordinary. You've learned some valuable lessons that many people never learn in there entire lifetimes. As Neitche (sp?) said...."What doesn't kill you makes you stronger".
As for being shy...don't. "The only thing to fear is fear itself". Do what you fear and the fear goes away. If you want to meet a beautiful woman go up to her and say "Hi, I'm Marvin. I'm rather shy but really wanted to meet you" If you do this I guarantee you will have more dates than your calendar will hold and fewer regrets! Do this now before you find yourself becoming an old man and remembering what could have been.
You are a Hero of sorts. Stay humble but brave and live a life that you never would have imagined.

afaizel Tue, Dec-19-06 08:32

I wish i had the same motivation like u!

Simples Tue, Dec-19-06 22:13

wowwwwwwww, great job man.

Paulee Wed, Dec-20-06 20:53

That, my friend is an accomplishment beyond words.

I am not as young as you and have/am struggling with my own demons, so to speak, and the accompanying weight gains.

Your story is one of TRUE inspiration and the tenacity of the human spirit and will for change.

I applaude you and thankyou for your wonderful story.

You truly look amazing and whilst you may have reservations about your attractiveness to the opposite sex, I have little doubt that they will see your beauty, both physical and spiritual.

Keep on keeping on my friend and an enormous thumbs up for winning your BATTLE.

Kind regards.

Paulee.

sldeal Thu, Dec-28-06 12:24

Awesome story, I need to share with my son or at least begin letting him see how successful lc can be when he's ready to change his woe. Thanks for sharing.

mcadeowner Sat, Apr-18-09 11:46

Congratulations, how are you doing right now, it took me forever to find this journal. I used to come and just read your post over and over a few years back. so i had to come and post again so i could subscribe to this journal and then save it

che Sat, Aug-29-09 18:36

How's life been since you lost weight?
Have all the changes been positive?
Other than congratulating you, in the long term or after the initial shock, how have ppl reacted to your transformation?
Have your friendships remained the same?

mark91345 Wed, Dec-16-09 01:03

Your life experiences are so similar to mine, it's almost uncanny. I am just beginning low-carbing, so I have not yet experienced the weight loss, but I, too, grew up fat and had all the pain and suffering that goes along with it. Thank you for writing what you did (and writing so well).

workthequi Tue, Oct-16-12 17:04

Amazing!

But I don't see the pictures?

How are you doing now? Would really like to see the before and after pcitures. Can you e-mail me? Workthequirk at yahoo.

Thanks. I hope this message finds you well.