Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   New Month Sept 1st challenge. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=134291)

becky160 Sat, Sep-13-03 09:12

:Angry:

I am so Angry, so mad! :mad: I went to the super market to buy food, and left my puppy in the house...When I came back, my sofa was destroyed, all the fill spilled all over the living room! and that is not it! Guess what she also did? she took the MASECA corn tortilla farine and the powder is all over my house!!! She is driving me crazy! But can't do anything because she is just a 6 months old puppy (Italian Pointer). I yelled at her so bad, that she pipi! she really saw me angry!

GRRRRRRRR.

My husband had to go this weekend to Valencia here in Spain, and left me alone. He has this RC' mini-z National championship. This is good though, because I do not have to cook for anyone but my self! If you want to see my menu, just click at the link below.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...?Owner=becky160

Take care and have a greeeat weekend.

Tracy213 Sat, Sep-13-03 09:20

I woke up this morning at 6:30am and weighed myself still holding at 204 which I was happy about....until I got to the gym. I hadn't had my breakfast yet and I thought I would weigh myself there (before my workout) to see what their scale says. 207!!! I can't figure it out...when I joined (3 weeks ago), I weighed 213 and my scale at home read the same. Go figure!!!

Now I'm not sure what to do...do I just forget about their scale and continue using my own or visa versa???? I guess the important thing is that I'm feeling better and my clothes are fitting better, but even still, I feel crappy about this whole thing.

There....now I'm finished venting.

Oh yeah....it gets better...according to their scale my BF% is UP 1%
AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! :mad: :confused: :tears:

There...now I'm REALLY done!

Ratchet Sat, Sep-13-03 12:37

To everyone who is going crazy about the scale LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE!!! Do you feel better, do your clothes feel better, have you lost inches, did you check your body fat? This diet is so contingent on water. The same thing goes with keto sticks. They fluctuate depending on how much water you drank that day, time of day and how concentrated your urine is. If you stick to the diet, you'll be in ketosis, if you start eating too many carbs, you'll go back out. It's that simple. The scale is the downfall of many of us. But some of us need a guide to keep us going. Even at my thinnest I was probably 20lbs more than I'd like the scale to say but that's because i lift weights. People always guess my weight at about 20lbs less than I really am. If you are over 30 the probability you will be able to be your same weight in your 20s or before children is low. Body fat percentage and size is so much more important than weight. I plan on being back to a size 8 one day and I dont care if i do it at 120 or 140. Remember this is a change of life, not a crash diet we are all on. I may make the 10lbs goal this month or I might not. But i haven't cheated once and am excercising and drinking more water and less soda so something good must be going on even if i dont see it on the scale.

Meghan Sat, Sep-13-03 13:01

Okay well I have dropped a few since I last posted here, but yesturday I cheated, and you know what I dont feel guilty at all! I had 1/2 a chocolate milkshake that only took me alittle over my daily carbs, and I think am gonna be okay! :lol: LOL I dont plan on making this a habit but it was soooo worth it, I will just be a really good girl today do some extra excercise, and not even think about it, which is huge for me since before I freaked cause I had 21 carbs one day! Well I just thought I would let you know about my progress and tell the truth about what I am doing!

barbie333 Sat, Sep-13-03 18:35

Fishburg - are you taking your measurements as well? I have just completed my second week since starting Atkins again, and found that I lost only 2lbs (which is a far cry from my loss last week) but when I took my measurements this morning (in hopes of some form of encouragement) I found that I actually am losing inches, it just doesnt appear to be showing in the numbers on the scale. Take a peek there and let us know...

...by the way, 66 days cheat-free...wow! :yay:

Epattib Sun, Sep-14-03 05:12

Lurking and want to join in!

Hi everyone! I have been reading this thread but not joining in and I really *WANT* to, so now I am!

I am new to Atkins (finishing the second week of induction today) although definately not new to dieting. I have been on some kind of plan since Nov, 2001. I started with Weight Watchers and lost about 12 - 14 lbs, then went to a nutritionist who had me read Paleo Diet, which worked-- 4 lbs in the first month, after a stall. But it was hard to stick to. Now here I am at Atkins and I love it and it makes sense and it is working!

I am excitd about accountability-- I bought my first scale and am trying to only weigh myself once a week. (Mondays)

I am struggling with drinking enough water!!!! How do you guys get it all in?

Thanks for the motivation/inspiration :)
Patti

liddle Sun, Sep-14-03 05:53

Well, today is MY official weigh in day. Unfortunately I am officially PMSing. My boobs are up an inch! So I know I'm holding water! If my boobs are holding I'm sure it's hiding other places too!!! I can look at it one of two ways. I can be very upset that I didn't loose any weight for the week. Or I can be greatful that I'm holding my own at 138 lbs. I think I'll just be greatful that I didn't gain any additional weight and suck it up until it's over.

Later,
Heather

liddle Sun, Sep-14-03 06:03

Patti:
Quote:
I am struggling with drinking enough water!!!! How do you guys get it all in?
Have you tried getting a sports bottle with a straw? Mine holds 32 oz. So the min. I have to drink a day is two to get my 8 cups of water. It is really easy to drink from a straw and I take it EVERYWHERE I go! I usually end up drinking atleast 4 a day, just thirsty I guess! Another thing, I don't allow anything other than water (drink wise) until I've had my min. water amt.

GOOD LUCK!
Heather

becky160 Sun, Sep-14-03 08:07

HI PATTI!

Welcome to this thread! :yay:
About the water, I drink it cold, and it is easier for me to keep drinking it.
Don't know if this happens to all of you, but when I drink water, I get thisty all of the time, and keep drinking all day long.
I recomend you fill in a couple of empty cocacola bottles (the 2 liters one) with water, this way, you will know exacly the amount you are drinking.
Tomorrow is the Official weighin day. Stop by to enter it.

Take care!! :bhug:

TamiOrr Sun, Sep-14-03 11:19

Good Morning everyone.

I am excited about tomorrow. It's the weekly wiegh-in for here as well as my 2nd monthly weigh-in for Curves. I can't wait to see the progress I have made this past month.

Also, this week I am moving house so I will get lots of activity in AS WELL as my daily Curves workout.

So, good luck everyone with your adventures with the scale tomorrow. I hope we all see a loss.

So, is there a prize for the one who loses the most this month? That would be kewl...:) Everyone else can send the "biggest loser" something in the mail. Doesn't have to be much. We could set a limit of $5 so that it's affordable? What do you all think of that? It sure would be a nice reward and great incentive..:)

PS Becky, I finally figured out how to insert the image...check out my banner down below...like it?

Dstar96920 Sun, Sep-14-03 14:48

OK, as of 9/12 .......167!!!! Woohoo! Almost at 166, holding it til next weigh in to see if it sticks. Congrats to ALL OF US!!!!

TamiOrr Sun, Sep-14-03 16:02

That's great Dstar96920! Keep up the great work!

thenewme Sun, Sep-14-03 18:27

Welcome Patti to our forum.. I am glad you joined.
Girls tommorow is our official weigh in.... I am so nervous about it cus I feel bloated and crampy.... I started my *youknowwhat* today.... I always gain a pound of two when I am on it. Also my boobies are tender and swollen ..... I hope I still lost or didnt gain.. I will let you know... I drank my 100oz of water and I feel myself retaining it today ... I wont stop drinking it cus I know my body needs it but I always bloat and feel crampy as well as moody my first couple of days. Oh well let you guys know tommorow. Later guys.

mdklimesh Sun, Sep-14-03 18:29

Hey everyone,

Tracy213, don't let it bother you to much. When I went to the doctor about a week and a half ago his scale added about 4 pounds to what I had weighed a few hours earlier. And I know I can fluctuate my own scale by about 4 pounds if i wiggle around on it. Just be happy knowing that this WOE is working for you!

My weekend was going well until I had a big cheat today. Went to the China King buffet again and I ate until I was lite headed, you know that carb drunk I saw someone else mention. So I am concerned about what the scale will say tommorrow. It was looking pretty good before my cheat, down to 159! WOOHOO!! So tommorrow or the next few days could get depressing. But if I took it off once I can take it off again, right?

check in with you all tommorrow!

becky160 Sun, Sep-14-03 23:09

Happy!

7.18 am (Spain time) and my weight is...

becky160 230 - 226 4 lbs less! (7lbs less since Sept 2nd)