Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Carb Creep? How 'bout a Nice Hot Cup of Reality Check? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=86501)

Kristine Sat, Mar-22-03 17:58

Hi Donna,

I checked your journal already. :there: My b/f gets the occasional occular migraine - not a pretty sight. But you're right on the caffeine - if he chugs a pot of coffee soon enough when he starts getting the aura, he can minimize the damage.

Skamito Sun, Mar-23-03 00:05

Ooooooh, migraines. Used to get them pretty regularly before Atkins. Eating low carb has really helped with them and I find staying off of caffeine altogether to aid in not triggering them. It definitely helps when they're there though. I've read a lot of stuff about regulating caffeine intake as to avoid migraines... like if you're going to ingest it, make sure you're on a caffeine schedule of sorts. Sounds kind of like insulin. :)

Anyway, sorry you paid the price for your excessive creep. Perhaps your body is trying to teach you a harsh lesson. :rolleyes: Hope you feel better soon!

:)

SummerYet Mon, Mar-24-03 05:45

Hi All!

Well yesterday was my last day of induction and I totally blew it! The scale wasn't kind to me, but that is to be expected. I refuse to beat myself up. I hope to level out in a couple o days, plus TOM is still hanging around. I hope for Wednesday to be my "good" weigh and measure day. Yesterday was a special day...I let my guard down b/c of it (and maybe b/c of all the other stressors). It is over now. I just have to decide if I want to continue at induction levels or what. I know I am going to start exercising tomorrow, other than that I have to figure it out...it will work out...right? :( LOL

~Michelle

Kristine Mon, Mar-24-03 21:13

Hi Michelle!

:there: Aw... at least you did it! You got through induction. :thup: I would stay on it for a few more days, just to get whatever you blew it on get out of your system again. Are you going to try to stay in ketosis?

SummerYet Tue, Mar-25-03 18:22

Kristine...
I dont know if I ever WAS in ketosis actually, didnt have sticks or anything. I know my carb level has still been way low, but I have had some things you cant have on induction like pepperoni, little bit of caffine, atkins bars...so i dont know if that is good or bad.

One good thing I have found a new found love for water, havent used much aspartame or drank soda. Dont ask me how that happened. I crave it now :confused:

Can I ask everyone? Does anyone have this issue? I went grocery shopping. So naturally, there is stuff in the house i havent had in a while. Now mind you...I live alone...but I feel like i have to eat all the "good stuff" (pepperoni, walnuts, roast beef and cheese cold cuts) almost like i am never going to have it again. I ate some pepperoni, havent opened the walnuts, and had the cold cuts for dinner (some still left). Now I KNOW it will be there the next time I want them...unless a gremlin comes and takes them...so why do I feel i need to have it RIGHT NOW? Luckily I am learning to listen to my body, and I stopped before I was overful or anything...and it was all legal...but WHY? any thoughts?

~Michelle

DDMariana Tue, Mar-25-03 21:30

Hello all...

Had a good school day today...no headache, and well-planned lunch. Came home and devoured the leftover omelette from breakfast...oh well, can't plan everything. :(

Michelle, I have a thought about what you mentioned...applies to me too. It seems like maybe us lifetime dieters have such a history of feeling "guilty" and "deprived" almost like we don't DARE reach for a yummy in front of anyone because of the judgement and chastisement...

But when we're in our OWN place and the groceries are OURS...well, we can just REVOLT!! I know that's how I gained a good bit of my weight... kinda like the middle finger to anyone who used to watch me eat :lol:

But now...on LC...things are different! I CAN have those walnuts and the pepperoni and the cheese... but it seems like the old behaviors are instilled...something a bit "naughty" about taking what we want to eat right off the top! And that wonderful freedom...maybe it's just not contained yet in our own minds!

Every behavior changes the same way...slowly and with the reinforcement of a new behavior... you're doing the right thing...cognitive changes first! "This WILL be here tomorrow." and "If I eat this now, I won't have any when I WANT some..." and reality checks like that...

Old habits die hard...especially those we keep way down deep... just remember: no one's opinion of how we eat matters. We are in control of our OWN lives. We need not feel deprived on this WOE. Leave the walnuts alone... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm in the same boat...resisting the urge to make a cheesecake tonight...!! :nono: :nono:

SummerYet Thu, Mar-27-03 22:04

I have just about reached the end of my rope...I can't take this anymore!

~Michelle