Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Best Of (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   your danger carb food? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=34875)

muweek Mon, Dec-20-04 19:31

:doah: mmmmm donuts!

musicmama Mon, Dec-20-04 23:58

For me, this week, it was cookies,,,lots and lots of Christmas cookies baked, and I finally caved................sigh

Rachelle Mon, Jan-03-05 14:20

Potatoes.. are definately my main weakness... Mashed Potatoes especially..
Baked..
Fried...
Hashed? haha.. Hashbrowns..
Potato soup..

*sigh*... thank God for Cauliflower :lol:

Coco081392 Tue, Jan-25-05 14:25

Sugar, Grain, Potatoes

I used to say there were 5 things that I would never share.

They were in this order:

1. Chocolate
2. French Fries
3. Pasta
4. My son (the light of my life)
5. My husband (divorced him 3 years ago - so anyone can have him now. LOL) Now I will not share my Fiancee.

But since I have started LC'ing...my list is down to 2. The last 2 on the above list.

I never thought I could get past the cravings, but they weren't that bad once I set my mind to this WOE.

Pat S. Tue, Jan-25-05 17:16

I love any type of bread warmed and spread with lots of butter. :yum:
Potatoes cooked anyway. :yum:
Pat S.

Ohio Kim Wed, Jan-26-05 11:40

Tortilla chips. I love mexican food and although it's getting a lot easier to skip the tortillas, I still have a really hard time passing on the chips & salsa.

Pepsi... I've given up the Pepsi 100%. Haven't had one since September 20, 2003.

foxee Thu, Jan-27-05 16:03

Interesting statements.. me its potatoes.. I LOVE MASHE potatotes with gravy... the real thick kind... oh .. I make it sooo good... now roast beer and caulif. potatoes.. well just not the same.... mmmmmmm now I want my mashed potatoes...
better get a bottle of water....lol

foxee Thu, Jan-27-05 16:04

hah.. roast beer... guess you know whats really on my mind...lol.. actually ROAST BEEF... that is...heheh

sjkling Fri, Jan-28-05 06:56

it seems like everything is a danger food for me lately! i keep bouncing up and down the last 4-5 lbs. i seem to have lost my focus and am struggling almost every day. i do great all week long, but seem to lose my willpower a bit on the weekends. i starting working out again at curves this week, i am hoping to get things back on track!

carrot-top Sun, Jan-30-05 09:05

A Mountain of Tiramisu, heaped with fluffy whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate. I don't crave much at all other than decadent desserts.

EXLarge Thu, Feb-03-05 11:38

Oh, you can have the sweets, although I have craved sweets more being LC then I ever did in the past. The one thing I miss the most, and it is actually a meal, from one of my favorite restatuants, Chillis. Now that I list it out, I can see, why I needed to go back to LC.

Appetizer:
Mexican Egg Rolls and a BEER

Entree:
Chicken Fried Chicken
Lumpy mashed potatos and thick creamy "White" gravy
Corn on the Cob - cut off and mixed with the potatos
Texas toast loaded with butter.

Anyone got a napkin too wipe the drowl? Anyway, that is not an option any longer, so I'll go warm up my grilled chicken breast and green beans. Some day, I will go have that again, but no where in the near future.

fatnewmom Sat, Feb-05-05 23:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by agonycat
Raz where is the chocolate button?

Forget sugar, potatoes, grains and fruits.....chocolate is it's OWN food category!

:lol:

Have to agree with this one. It's my ultimate weakness, especially in the form of dark chocolate candy bars, rich chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate covered doughnuts..... UGH! Must stop now, I'm going weak in the knees.

kAd Sun, Feb-06-05 01:20

:devil: sugar :devil:

Cissie Fri, Feb-25-05 13:56

Pies, cakes and cookies!!! With all the modern tech. why can't they invent something to make lettuce taste like them??? lol Okay I'm whining!

Cissie
Oh yeah, I'd kill for a huge bowl of cereal right now. Day 11 and I'm really squirming!

misskimbee Fri, Feb-25-05 16:10

For me: Passion Flakies (Raspberry Apply Pastries) I could eat an entire box of 18 if left to my own devices!!!

Also CHEESE. I need to abstain from cheese for a week or something. Last night I had half a block of CHEESE for dinner and I admit, I binged on it! BAD BAD BAD!