Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   10 pounds by Christmas - join me? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=271630)

Trinigirl Tue, Dec-13-05 15:53

Hello everyone, :wave:

Welcome Icrelator and Sinistress

Thanks Zipetydoda,
Used fitday yesterday, still way below my Carb range. Eating as I should so my body must be holding on to this weight until it can do better. I think that once I am more active it will force my body to drop some more weight. I am 5' 9" so my present weight is within my range. I would like to go to 130 - 135 but it took me approx. 9 years to put on my present weight so I don't think that I will be able to lose it all in 9 weeks. :lol:
Thank you for your support.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Have a good day.
Warmest Regards, :sunny:
Joy

BankerMom Wed, Dec-14-05 05:56

***HYPERVENTILATING*** :) I made it to 139!!!!!!!!!

BankerMom Wed, Dec-14-05 05:58

Keep up the great work everyone!!! And thank you all for your warm thoughts regarding my daughter. She is doing much better. I'm so happy to have her OUT of the hospital! No fun to see a toddler in a hospital crib. Poor sweetie!

zipetydoda Wed, Dec-14-05 11:59

Congratulations Bankermom!!! Whoo hoo! It does feel good to get out of the 140's doesn't it?? That happened for me last week...and I'm still thrilled.

Joy...you are doing fine.....the weight will come off...like you said it takes time....and diligence.
blessings,
Loriann

Trinigirl Thu, Dec-15-05 05:07

Hi Everyone, :wave:

Thanks Zippetydoda,
Very busy this week, just trying to continue to eat right. Going to help a friend with her home today. She lost her husband this time last year. They have three children and we are very close, more like family, her husband was was my husband best friend. It has been a very difficult year for her and the children but Christmas will be very very hard. This will be their first Christmas without him. She is like me a transplant living away from her family, so we are her family here.

Hi Banker Mom,
So happy to see you posting and to know that your little girl is doing well.
Way to go on you weight loss. I am very pleased for you.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Have a great day.
Warmest Regards, :sunny:
Joy

zipetydoda Thu, Dec-15-05 11:14

Hey Gals,

I am down to 132! The last time I was this weight was after my dad died....felt so depressed..that I went to 129...but it was not a good loss.

Joy....I am so sorry for your friend who lost her husband...This Christmas will certainly be difficult..the first everything is the hardest....I'm sure she will need you more than ever...especially in those quiet evening hours when her mind will tend to wander back to past memories. Prayers going out to her and her children...poor babies.

Karen...I hope you are getting some R&R into your hectic schedule.

My husbands father is dying, and so he left this morning with my youngest son to N.J. to go and see him. I'm here with the foster kids....we have dress rehersal tonight for our Christmas program...it should be interesting...we are going to have it at the local high school...so more people can come...and the sound equipment can be set up properly....Garry..my sweet hubby set it up last night.

Well.....Blessings to all my sisters!!
Loriann

zipetydoda Sat, Dec-17-05 12:20

Ugh! back to 134 think TOM is near......it always comes near the end of the month...Hope you all are having a great weekend...by the way...If anybody has the "Outdoor Channel" I am going to be on TV either tonight at 7-8 or on Sunday night from 7-8pm. Our church is putting on a Christmas Program at the high school...I will be in the front row singing soprano....the blonde with a pony tail up in the back...and rest of hair hanging down.

Christmas Blessings!
Loriann

Trinigirl Sun, Dec-18-05 06:48

Hi everyone, :wave: :wave:

Well I did it. I am down to 150lbs this morning. :cheer: :cheer: I started working out on Friday doing very well so far. Having fun. My two young ones workout with me this morning. We laughed alot at each other doing the dance steps. Did a latin dance step tape. :lol:

Thank you so much Zipetdoda, :angel:
My friend is doing much better today, yesterday we all went out and cut down a Christmas tree for her family, spent the day decorating her home. The children feel much better about Christmas now. We miss Joe (her DH) so much, he would not want her to be so sad. He was a great father, husband and friend. We know it will be difficult but we will surround her and the little ones with our love. We will do anything for them, they have always been here for us in the past.
Lorraine I really hope that your husband father pull through and you husband is Ok. It is a good thing that he is able to be with him at this time. I send you and your family my prayers and best wishes.... :rheart: :rheart:
I am so sorry we could not see you on the television. Now I have a television star as a friend. I have hit the big times.... :lol: :thup: :thup:
Hope it all went well. Let us know.

Hope every one is doing Well. Only six more sleeps to Christmas, stay strong and well.
Keep posting and reading.
Warmest Regards Everyone. :sunny: :sunny:
Joy

veritas14 Mon, Dec-19-05 11:12

i cannot lie, i've fallen off the wagon. i hope to rejoin a 10 lbs off challenge starting January 2nd 2006 ;)

AZDweller Tue, Dec-20-05 01:41

Two more pounds to go and six more days. The suspense is killing me. It's like my body wants to hold onto this weight it's at for now. However, I think I'm getting close to my pre-baby weight...only the baby is now 15. It's been too long -- I can't exactly remember where I started when I was preggers.

I got the funniest compliment last night at the store -- although the woman had no clue she was giving it. What you've got to understand is that I was wearing 3X PJ's and sweats before I started losing. Now I'm in XL, 18s. Some lady brought some women's PJ's through my register, and I was commenting on how cute they were.

"I hope they have them when I finish my shift"
"They were almost out of larges and extra-larges back there. All they had left were plus sizes."
"Maybe I'll have to settle for a 1X"
"No way -- you'd swim in them!"

By the way, I did find an XL in the characters I wanted (Care Bears and M&M's), and I wore the M&M's to bed last night. They were BIG on me. The M&M's were just cute -- the Care Bears are a romantic thing between my DH and I -- he got me a Care Bear 20 years ago when we were engaged. I can't believe they are still this popular. That and Cabbage Patch Dolls. All the old characters are in style again.

Gail

Trinigirl Wed, Dec-21-05 09:39

Hi Everyone,
Hope all is well.
Great story AZDweller. Made me laugh.

So busy this week. Writing this and awaiting cookies to come out of the oven. Just enjoying the smell lol.

Hi BankerMom,
Hope you are ok, and the daughter is also doing Well.
Keep posting and let us know that you are ok.

Hi Everyone I know that it's a very busy time, but take the time for yourself also. I find I am a better Mom, Wife, Friend when I take a litte me time. I had forgotten that prior to starting this WOL....
Hope all is Well.
Keep warm and strong.
Warmest Regards,
Joy

AZDweller Wed, Dec-21-05 12:37

Pulling out all the stops

Let's see. No carb creep. Cut the sugar alcohols. Get every ounce of water, and let's see if we can make the scale let go of those last two pounds. I want to give myself that present for Christmas!

Glad I made you laugh, Joy. Haven't read anything bad, so I expect BankerMom's little one is still home and getting better. Would be a horrible time of year to have a sick little one.

Working too hard here, but at least I'm off one job tonight and tomorrow. Maybe I'll throw in some exercise and give this every chance of success!

Gail

zipetydoda Thu, Dec-22-05 08:30

Hi Guys!!

I'm still here....I've been distracted by a basement remodel, various foster children who've just stayed overnight, and of course Christmas shopping.

Joy...thank-you for the prayers...I really felt them...everyone has been so kind....Garrys dad is still not doing well...but he has decided to have his leg amputated and a prosthetic put on.....which might help him live..if his heart can make it through
the operation..he 's 77 and had 2 heart attacks with heart surgery. I also am praying for your dear friend...and for your family also....you are a true friend.

(not feeling too good this morning...have a headache) but....
I'm down to the lowest weight since I can remember.....since I was in my late teens or early 20's anyway!! I am very happy..l..I'm down another pound....I think it was because I flew into the house and cleaned with a fury last night till midnight......think I will supplement my exercise with that more often!!! ha ha.
Christmas Blessings!
Loriann

AZDweller Fri, Dec-23-05 11:30

Christmas present

I made it with a day to spare! I've come to believe that the most critical part of this program is hydration. (At least for me -- not sure that's everyone's hang-up!). I stall when I don't push the water. I sit here, on a totally silent day at the office, at 197 pounds, 74 pounds lighter than I was nine months ago, in a size I haven't worn in 15 years, feeling wonderful. My family has lost about 170 pounds since we all came on board.

I just can't believe it took me to this point in my life to discover a simple truth -- too many doctors have bought in to low fat, low calorie dogma that just doesn't work. I've seen the impact on my husband's depression/anger from limiting carbs. I don't have a child with ADHD, but how many of today's chronic health problems will eventually be linked to high sugar/high carb diets.
Gai

BankerMom Fri, Dec-23-05 14:35

Thanks for asking about my daughter, guys. She is doing better...just in time for Christmas! I haven't weighed in a couple of days - will have to check it tomorrow morning to see where I am at. I've been feeling so nervous, as this week I found out I need to have a heart procedure done on January 18th. I'll go more into it later, but basically, it is a high tech way to get rid of a heart arrythmia problem I've battled since early elementary school years. They can fix my heart, without open heart surgery. But, the idea of tubes and wires going into my heart, is FRIGHTENING! I hope I'm still losing weight, but I've cheated a few times with all the stress + holiday food EVERYWHERE.

AZDweller...AWESOME progress!!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Joy, thanks again for asking about my daughter - you are so sweet!

Loriann, sounds like you have a LOT going on. Take care of yourself. (((hugs)))