Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Full speed ahead! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=185731)

m1whowaits Tue, Jul-26-05 05:35

There you are!!

Titanic Tue, Jul-26-05 12:16

Fancy having visitors in a gym log!

:wave:Pene and Liz,

Yup, this is where I am, and a banana would have been a better preparation for runnning. Today I had a glass of wine with my neighbor in our communal garden, then cooked dinner and went for a run.

Went very well good pace and nice rythm.

Polar says:
Total time: 28:45 Average HR: 144 In zone: 28:22 Kcal: 269

Titanic Thu, Aug-04-05 11:11

Someone should have kicked me, I've been slacking off for no reason I can explain.

Finally made it out today - did a medium route and ran it a bit slower, than I've been doing lately but nothing disasterous and after a long hard day at work, so no sweat (lot's of sweat actually)

Polar says:
Total time: 29:45 Average HR: 146 In zone: 29:17 Kcal: 287

penelope Thu, Aug-04-05 13:59

Honestly, I wondered where you were. I had no idea you wanted me to kick you.

Titanic Fri, Aug-05-05 10:54

:wave:Pene - thanks for checking up on me, have been curiously absent for no reason at all.

Ran the same route as yesterday only on reverse - in my mind it's the harder way, but the numbers tells me otherwise.

Polar says:
Total time: 29:21 Average HR: 141 In zone: 28:40 Kcal: 267

Nille Sat, Aug-06-05 08:35

Hi there daahlink !! :rheart:

I FOUND YOU !!
OK so now I know you're ok !! I cannot give you in for beeing absent. Iæve been so myself for quite a while....... :blush:

:bhug:

Titanic Sun, Aug-14-05 03:33

I know I've run once since the last entry, but can't for the life of me remember when or the stats ;)

Denmark seems to have skipped August this year - right now it's cool and crisp like September. Perfect running weather and just too good to miss out on before I have to go to work on the final manual's on the new system.

Polar says:
Total time: 29:17 Average HR: 148 In zone: 28:15 Kcal: 286

Titanic Mon, Aug-15-05 10:11

Completely worn out after first full day of teaching the new system, am thrilled I made it outside at all and then I ran fairly fast in fact ;)

Polar says:
Total time: 17:08 Average HR: 151 In zone: 16:34 Kcal: 174

Titanic Tue, Aug-16-05 10:51

Got a magazine today that claims 3x20 minutes of running a week is enough at my level to prepare for a half marathon! The author said that heavy training over a short span of time makes you improve your capaticy more than long slow runs.

It could be why I suddenly "forgot" to train for a while - not enough of a challenge I ran 6-8 km without ever being winded or strained.

So today I challenged myself to run as fast as I could on my shortest route - and cut more than 30 seconds of my best time. Had a high HR and a touch of cotten mouth at the end - but feel great.

Will try at least once a week to push myself on the short one. It's fun and feels like running instead of jogging.

Some of my improvement most is also because I got a lovely hat/visor in the mail :)

Polar says:
Total time: 15:49 Average HR: 158 In zone: 14:49 Kcal: 172

Titanic Thu, Aug-18-05 10:19

Explored a new route today, with a bit of hill work here and there. Was fun but a bit hard - very warm day and I was tired after work, but got through it and am grinning ear to ear now :D

Polar says:
Total time: 20:14 Average HR: 155 In zone: 19:58 Kcal: 215

Titanic Sat, Aug-20-05 03:52

I'm in ketosis, has been doing strict induction since last Saturday - strayed a bit last night with half a bottle of white wine and a small slice of cantaloupe.

Running this morning was a strange thing. There just is no energy for my legs - my body goes through the motion but tank is empty. It's not unpleasant, it's an instant degradation to a start out level.

I ran my slowest pace ever on the route, saw the highest HR I've ever seen - 175 - and ended up with a really high avg HR.

But I'm recouperation as fast as ever - and could chat with my neighbor moments after I clocked the 175.

Interesting.

Polar says:
Total time: 29:47 Average HR: 157 In zone: 28:08 Kcal: 323

Titanic Mon, Aug-22-05 11:23

Got a new gadget today, to keep me running while doing induction :) (Yes, my middle name is easy)

The lovely running computer Polar RS200sd in red looks lovely on my wrist. It had to be calibrated for distance and that meant I had to stop and stand still after 1k - must have looked funny.

But I ended up running a short route with some really strange statistics, like very high HR and a really slow pace.

But this induction is really sapping me, I feel like an absolute beginner and even embarrased myself when I crossed a road a little too late in front of a car - I always have juice to do a sprint in a situation like that. There was noting! (Dont' worry I was in no danger, I just didn't want to scare the driver)

I wonder if I should regard this like training at great hights - I feel weak but the moment I get like an extra 10g carbs my running will still have improved, don't know.

Polar says:
Total time: 21:38 Average HR: 162 Max HR: 173 Pace: 6:59 min/km In zone: 21:08 Kcal: 167

Titanic Wed, Aug-24-05 11:54

Ran Mondays new route in reverse. Big improvement on total time, pace and a drop in heart rate. Not quite sure it isn't also because I didn't drink a strong espresso with cream like I did then.

Polar says:
Total time: 20:13 Average HR: 155 Max HR: 171 Pace: 6:29 min/km In zone: 19:38 Kcal: 201

Titanic Thu, Aug-25-05 09:39

Ran in the rain today. Always enjoy that - when I know ahead of time I can dress for it and then it's a great feeling to be warm and comfy while everyone else hurry and look cold ;)

Polar says:
Total time: 20:13 Average HR: 154 Max HR: 172 Pace: 6:31 min/km In zone: 18:58 Kcal: 200

Titanic Sat, Aug-27-05 05:28

My induction/running experiment almost wasn't fun today. Just felt bone tired from the first step. My HR goes rediculously high - and it feels strange because I don't become winded. But I struggled through.

Polar says:
Total time: 24:40 Average HR: 159 Max HR: 174 Pace: 6:29 min/km In zone: 24:20 Kcal: 282