Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Anyone want to walk around the world? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=109106)

Atkins4myW Thu, Nov-06-03 22:35

wow I never realized y'all were the walk website I post my miles on. I love the site great job. your info on where the walk is headed is fantastic too. I joined the Walk around the World site before I officially joined this board so I'm on my old board name. Is there any way to change it?

MisterE great job!

Kelly_L Mon, Nov-10-03 21:51

Only managed 13 miles this past week. Chalk it up to bad weather.

Hi Feather
In answer to your earlier question. I find that I am more aware of my activity levels now and try to take stairs more often, park further from the door...that sort of thing. And as I get lighter and fit, it's getting easier.
I couldn't climb the 4 flights of stairs to my office 6 months ago without feeling like my lungs and heart would burst out of my chest but not now. It's not as much of an achievement as your Mt Kaukau hike but it's my personal mountain and it's a liberating feeling isn't it.
Kelly

feather Tue, Nov-11-03 03:26

Yes is sure is. What amazes me is how I'm getting fit before I get light. I'm much fitter now than I was on the way up past this weight. A large part of that is due to all the lovely people on this forum who encouraged me to go to the gym back in May. And the support from the people on this thread. Thanks heaps for the gift everyone. :cheer: :cheer:

Breecita Wed, Nov-12-03 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkins4myW
wow I never realized y'all were the walk website I post my miles on. I love the site great job. your info on where the walk is headed is fantastic too. I joined the Walk around the World site before I officially joined this board so I'm on my old board name. Is there any way to change it?

MisterE great job!

Sure!

Just send me an e-mail at *********with the name you've signed up as and the name you want it changed to. I'll take care of it for you. :)

MisterE Mon, Nov-24-03 11:44

I just checked the distance on my walks posted on the walk page Bree set up. Woof! I have walked 88 miles. Slow but sure...they all add up!

Kelly_L Mon, Nov-24-03 21:29

Hey MisterE
:hyper: That's fantastic. Every little bit adds up. My pedometer tells me that for each 36 steps I burn a calorie so now I try to use the stairs as much as possible because the elevator will cut down on my daily steps. Weird how you start thinking that way....Gotta keep those numbers up.
Keep walkin'
Kelly

Atkins4myW Tue, Nov-25-03 11:32

congrats MrE I love your 21 days of christmas commitment.

Kelly_E congrats on the new mind set. it seems very stranfge to all my non heavyweight friends that I now take the long way to get everywhere. Nobody wants to go shopping with me LOL

Breecita Wed, Nov-26-03 07:14

I've moved my domain name, and the world walk will be moving soon, too! (I'll keep a link up just to avoid confusion. *G*)

It's not ready yet, but if anyone would like a sneak peek... it's gettin' better!

http://www.walk-the-world.net

In a few more days, everything will be working and that will be the place to go!

-Bree

Kelly_L Wed, Nov-26-03 11:11

Hey Bree

Looks good. You are amazing.
Kelly

feather Wed, Nov-26-03 18:48

Bree I'm totally gobsmacked, I hope everyone in the real world realises what a gem you are, cause we sure do.

Breecita Thu, Nov-27-03 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by feather
Bree I'm totally gobsmacked, I hope everyone in the real world realises what a gem you are, cause we sure do.

:yay:

Thank you all! I feel very special! :D

The new page is up and running, and I've put a link on the old page until everyone gets their bookmarks updated.

The new page is:

http://www.walk-the-world.net

Some of the new features include a list of all walkers, and a list of all the goals. I've had fun trying to come up with new ideas, so if anyone has any, I'm happy to hear them! I love a challenge for coding, and this will certainly be a good highlight on my resume, so the harder the challenge, the better. :D

Thanks everyone for making this so wonderful! I really love watching the miles pile up!

-Bree

Atkins4myW Thu, Nov-27-03 20:03

Wow looks great.
Bree you forgot to change the link in your sig to the new site location.

Kelly_L Sun, Nov-30-03 13:48

Okay, I'm just so proud of myself that I have to tell the world

I'M DOWN 50 POUNDS!!!!!!!

Also got a fair bit of exercise this week and just added 16.5 miles to the W.A.T.W. web site.
Hope everyone had a great week.
Kelly

Atkins4myW Sun, Nov-30-03 14:55

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:Weigh to go Kelly :cheer: :cheer:

Breecita Tue, Dec-02-03 07:38

Central America!

We're approaching Central America at quite a rate, thanks to all the walkers. I think feather had volunteered to guide us through central america. Are you still up to it, feather? :D