Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Losing inches Before Pounds?Anyone Else? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184504)

monica26 Fri, May-14-04 11:32

Losing inches Before Pounds?Anyone Else?

Hi everyone :) Im new here and getting slightly frustrated.Im almost at the end of induction (in a few days) and my weight is not coming off very well.I did make a booboo and ate 2 strawberrys 1 yesterday one today before reading on more in the book...sugar right? Thats sounds so dumb 2 strawberrys lol anywho......But before that nothing surgary or fruit.I feel like Im losing I measured only a few days ago because I was feeling like I was losing but the scale was saying NOT MUCH lol Did anyone else lose inches before weight?And Im staying at 20 carbs a day.Also why is coffee or caffine so bad?Im slightly confused on parts in the book,must be the hair..thanks in advance :)

AFwife Fri, May-14-04 11:55

Yeah I notice that I lose inches first then it appears on the scale.

Hang in there, your not far now. :)

monica26 Fri, May-14-04 14:10

thanks I hope I start seeing it in numbers soon :)

jennilu Fri, May-14-04 14:24

I'm just the opposite... pounds, but no inches. Ugh... I don't know which is worse, honestly. Hang in there!

leslew5 Fri, May-14-04 14:36

I am raising my hand!!!! Inches before Pounds!!!!

monica26 Fri, May-14-04 19:10

Ok I have some hope thank you all :)

Built Fri, May-14-04 19:11

KEEP YOUR FATS REALLY HIGH! Go to www.fitday.com and make SURE your fats are at LEAST 65% of total cals.
And DRINK WATER.

It'll come. You'll see.

:)

- Built

MyJourney Fri, May-14-04 19:20

Way more inches than pounds.

Its almost depressing. I think I lost something insane like 50 inches with my last 33 lbs. I cant remember the exact number, but its in my journal and I remember being scared by it lol.

Hang in there.

Logan Fri, May-14-04 21:03

same here at the moment. spent the last two months battling the same pound and not losing it...then finally measured today and noticed 5 cms gone. it's encouraging enough to stick with it. :)

threejs Fri, May-14-04 21:35

I was sad this past week I hadn't lost a pound while my hubby lost two. Then I measured myself this morning, I lost an inch each off my hips and waist. :p
( Though Id REALLY like to see the scale drop a pound or so)

Rowan'sma Fri, May-14-04 22:16

I've never measured myself but I could definitely see the armpit flab disappearing. I noticed my bra lines on my back weren't quite so noticeable either.

Coffee is not recommended during induction because it spikes your blood sugar and could leave you with cravings. I don't know about you but since I've been eating this way I've had soooo much energy that I don't need caffeine anymore (I've also got hyperinsulimia).

Hang in there, and besides wouldn't you rather LOOK better than see a better number on the scale?

monica26 Sat, May-15-04 05:33

Well you all are so helpful Im glad I found this site! :)

sqkitty Sat, May-15-04 08:11

Me too. I haven't lost any pounds for about 1 1/2 weeks now but amazingly I can watch my stomach shrink. It's very cool. Me personally I'm not as concerned with the scale #'s because just the pound loss wont get me into smaller clothes. I actaully like the inch loss more!

nka Sat, May-15-04 08:53

I just measured and believe me, measuring or weighing myself was taboo until about 2 weeks ago. Everyone here supported me and I finally did it and I am glad I did! Since Tuesday the 4th, I have lost 2 inches around my Bust, 3 around my waist and 3 around my hips...I almost don't believe it.

kdt Sat, May-15-04 12:55

what are bra lines?