Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Carb Countdown milk (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172548)

triplemom Sat, Mar-13-04 16:15

Carb Countdown milk

Has anybody tried the "Carb Countdown" milk?? The other day, I had the absolute worst craving for milk, of all things! I ended up drinking a half cup of 1% milk, which had 6 grams of carbs, and took away the craving. I thought about trying the Carb Countdown stuff, but I'm afraid that it tastes nothing like milk! :(

LadyBelle Sat, Mar-13-04 16:18

At first it doesn't It tastes kind of like powdered milk. Once you get used to it though it isn't bad at all. You can also try Soy slender. The vanilla type is 1g net and tastes alot like regular milk. It doesn't have that soy milk taste at all.

1% has alot more carbs then whole. Get the whole milk carb countdown or try the chocolate.

triplemom Sat, Mar-13-04 16:20

Thanks! I never dreamed I would be craving milk, but I'll have to try some!

rosey1 Sat, Mar-13-04 16:54

i have the carb countdown 2% white milk. i like it. to me it tastes just like milk. i use it on my atkins cereal and for cooking.

KetoBoy Sat, Mar-13-04 18:45

I use it instead of water to mix up my protein shakes. It makes a big difference.

djcarbno Sat, Mar-13-04 18:54

The chocolate milk is kinda thick and tastes like a milk shake! I missed my milk is this is a blessing..I am introducing it slowly though to see if it has any bearing on the pound I keep gaining and losing.

jenijeni Sat, Mar-13-04 18:57

The Carb Countdown chocolate milk is awesome! i drink that for a snack every day!

GabrielleG Sat, Mar-13-04 22:03

I too love the carb coutdown milk. I used to drink the soy slender I thought it was fine but it actualy made my cereals taste awful. It tasted nothing like milk. I can't tell the difference between real milk and carb countdown but then again it has been 9 months.

Vicki B. Sat, Mar-13-04 22:42

I buy it and put it on my Atkins cereal. It does taste like regular milk to me but I wonder if it tastes a little sweet to anyone else? I haven't been able to figure out if it is the cereal or the milk that is tasting really sweet to me.

freckles Sun, Mar-14-04 00:22

I love Carb Countdown whole and chocolate milk! After about 8 months without any milk it tastes JUST like milk to me. :D I don't know if I'd say the same if I had gone straight from one to the other....

MyJourney Sun, Mar-14-04 01:50

The CC whole milk is really creamy. I have 1/4 cup with my low carb granola sometimes.

The chocolate used to taste better to me. Recently its had more of a whey protein taste. I wonder why.

Its still good though and I have it pretty regularly.

meltinaway Sun, Mar-14-04 01:59

I LOVE the chocolate, I drink a glass every morning for breakfast. I also use the 2% white milk for cooking and cereal and my husband does not have a clue! I have been using it for over 3 weeks now and he has no idea so I figure it must taste the same to him or he is just being a very courteous husband.

I pour the chocolate into ice cube trays and freeze, when they start to set, I put toothpicks in them and eat them as fudgecicles. They are really good. I also mix it with a SMALL amount of carb options ice cream and make milk shakes. Sure helps when you are craving something sweet.

MyJourney Sun, Mar-14-04 02:03

Quote:
I pour the chocolate into ice cube trays and freeze, when they start to set, I put toothpicks in them and eat them as fudgecicles.

If you dont mind my asking a silly question

how do you keep the toothpicks from falling? I attempted this once and made a big mess since my toothpicks wouldnt stay upright until it froze lol.

bonesigh Sun, Mar-14-04 08:56

I've never been too crazy about "plain" milk of any kind. I've tried the "Carb Countdown," and it is good in coffee, or in LC cereal.

On the other hand, the Carb Countdown Chocolate milk is awesome! It does taste like a delicious milkshake! The only problem is that it sells out very quickly in my neighborhood.

-Mike

4beans4me Sun, Mar-14-04 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJourney
how do you keep the toothpicks from falling? I attempted this once and made a big mess since my toothpicks wouldnt stay upright until it froze lol.

When I make popsicles for the kids I put a piece of plastic wrap over the tray and then put the toothpicks in. HTH! :)