Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Made it! 1st wk. of induction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=160557)

gringo Sun, Jan-18-04 19:17

Made it! 1st wk. of induction

:yay: After endless tries of restarting induction I have finally succeeded. I just completed my first week. I have dropped an incredible 8lbs, and 6" altogether between bust, waist and hips. Induction is so great at first. I am out of the craves and have a much smaller appetite. I have gotten discouraged and have wondered if I can do this for a life time. just one day at a time. I am reviewing Atkins book and want to do it right this time. You really have to hand it to Mr. Atkins, theres nothing like a great start to keep you going. Its too bad hes not still with us to hear of all of our successes.

Good luck to everyone!
Gringo :)

mommyto3 Sun, Jan-18-04 19:19

Congratulations! You're doing great!

Squid Sun, Jan-18-04 19:52

Congrats!!! It will get easier after you get through that second week of induction and can start adding in more carbs and more food choices. Hang in there!

montse Mon, Jan-19-04 12:25

congratulations!!!

Hi! Gringo I´m so happy for you, I´m starting my second week today(monday) I don´t know how much i weight now, but i´m very happy with the diet and the chicharrones, do you think, since i made barbacoa yesterday, can I drink barbacoa broth, i think is to fatty, but I don´t know it taste so good!!
anyway keep going!!!

Lilbug Mon, Jan-19-04 13:19

Congrats on the first week!! I didn't think I would make it without my mountain dew, but it's been over 2 months now and I haven't had any soda whatsoever! Keep up the good work!

Bug

Liza Pike Mon, Jan-19-04 14:03

Gringo - It would be great if you would share your meal plans and create a journal so others can learn what you are doing right!

Thanks.

gringo Mon, Jan-19-04 14:31

Its great hearing from you all:). As for the menus, I am following the plan. But here is some ideas of what I have eaten. Breakfast: Sauted asparagus with mayo & lemon dip , snack cucumber with salt, chili & lemon, a cup of tea, lunch (main meal):asian wings with cabbage saute, Snack cheese or jicama, or sliced hotdogs, another cup of tea maybe with splenda and 1/2 & 1/2. about 8pm I will have a salad with roquefort and egg . Or I do the eggs for breakfast with 2-3 sausage or green beans with curmbled bacon. Lunch (main meal)at, 3:00 may be beef fajitas with a pile of lettuce and 1/2 avocado and sliced onions and a great salsa, or chili rellanos (my fave) with 1/2 avocado. Hope that gives you an idea. I guess I am not metabolic resistant, which I was really afraid I was since I have an underactive thyroid. But so far so good. Its not always going to be this great, but nothing like a great start to get you going!

Montse, I am not that familiar with barbocoa, but i know what you mean about something being fatty is bad for us. Its hard to come around and to realize that its ok for us. I have even had dreams the I am going to have a heart attach from eating all this fat. I actually had to spit out some chicharrones the other day, I just couldn't swallow that much fat. Too much of a good thing I think can be bad, it comes down moderation. Atkins did said no one hardly ever over binges on fat or protein. And of course, the old story of stop when you feel full. LOL

Adios amigos,Gringo

PT_Ireland Mon, Jan-19-04 15:39

Awesome! Great Job. Keep up the good work. I'm in my third week of induction and I still have some cravings when people eat carb loaded foods next to me. This weekend I ate at a friends house and they put the casserole dish full of au gratin potatoes right in front of me and when I caught a whiff, I felt weak. But I dug deep and resisted.

montse Mon, Jan-19-04 17:20

Gringo How Can I Contact You
Montse

gringo Tue, Jan-20-04 15:13

Monste, do you mean here on the foruM? I put you on my buddy list but not sure if it really worked. Sometimes I feel real dumb with this computer stuff. If anyone can tell me how to do it, please do. I tried to send a private messsage to you but it said I couldn't??? Let me know.

Adios, Gringo

centikel Tue, Jan-20-04 15:53

First, mega congrats to Gringo on his good start. It worked out well for me too when I first started. Day 3 I went through a woozy feeling for an hour or so, coincident I believe with my switching to fat burning, but then after that I felt l ike I should be running across the Serengeti! As you proceed, your change in diet will be easier with more options since you will be able to eat more carbs.

BTW your food choices are cool! With my immediate friends who were having trouble on Atkin's, just giving them some simple ideas, like using lettuce wraps to make sandwiches, got them through it. So thanks for your ideas.

Another thing, is there a forum where we can put our favorite ideas/concoctions to get us through feeling bored with our foods? Or does one of us have to start a thread? This is really the first time I have been on a forum and I really barely know how to reply. And wish I knew how to do pictures and stuff. But in the meantime, what about favorite food ideas?

Thanks again, Gringo. Got to pick up some jicama!

gringo Tue, Jan-20-04 19:31

Hey centikel, I am not sure about a place to put food ideas, I would like to know too. Anybody can help us out there?

Not so sure how long I will be on induction, its gets kind of scarey. The only thing that I really miss is maybe some nuts or fruit. But sounds like a long time till I can add that. Don't I add 5 carbs and a time for week, those being more vegies. Not sure how that will work, have to look at my book. What carb count are you at?

Adios for now, Gringo

gilibel Tue, Jan-20-04 19:46

Hey there, you three buddies! (it seems...) :D

First of all, I recommend you all to start a journal each. That way you can always have your "safe haven" to reach eachother and chat in. (Look here for instructions on how to start a journal: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=160916)

In your journals you can post your menues, recipes, weight, daily struggles, goals etc.

If you want to create a special thread just for special types of recipes, maybe start a new thread in the sub-forum called "Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges". Cruise around there to get a feel for what kind of thread would be appropriate to create. (There is one there called "Excitement in the kitchen AKA a new dish every week" for instance, created by people who wanted to inspire eachother to cook more often...)

If you only want to post recipes sporadically, there is a recipe sub-forum here as well.

Happy camping! :wave:

Oh, and as for sending PM:s, you have to reach a certain # of posts (can't remember how many... 25? 30?) before your PM rights are activated, so be energetic and you'll soon get there.

/gil

gringo Tue, Jan-20-04 20:09

Thanks, gilibel! I was just in f.a.q and it answered most of my questions. You were a big help too!

Gringo

montse Tue, Jan-20-04 21:49

Hi gringo do you can see my e mail in my profile you can write to me and talk about stuff, i just discover these cheese from lala it is grate 0 grams do you know something else?
regards!!